Does anyone else hate how Yolanda Vega says her name?

ACor58

It I were governor or New York she would be the first person that I fired.

:thumbsup:

Well, if the way one pronounces their own name is a criterion you would use to fire someone, I guess it's a good thing you aren't Governor.

And here I thought I was the only one that worried about this.

One more, and we can form a support group.

Here in My Yami, latinos pronounce my wife's name (Jill), "Yill".

A person I do business with is named Yaisy, which she pronounces, "Jaisy".

And in Sweden, V is pronounced like W and W is pronounced like V. So Volkswagen is pronounced Wolksvagen.

We're gonna need a lot more support groups.

And in Sweden, V is pronounced like W and W is pronounced like V. So Volkswagen is pronounced Wolksvagen.

Gotta love El Jankees de la Nuevo Jork.

:rolleyes:

The "English" speaking people I used to work with in the restaurants called me Jimbo. A hispanic tried it once and it came out Yimblows. I don't know, maybe he called me that on purpose.

The "English" speaking people I used to work with in the restaurants called me Jimbo. A hispanic tried it once and it came out Yimblows. I don't know, maybe he called me that on purpose.

I gave up. If I go to pick up a prescription for her, I say "Prescription for Yill."

Exactly! To the uptight and low-key Anglo, many things in Latin cultures seems over-the-top and in your face.

They are a very passionate people and many wear their emotions on their sleeves. Just like several other cultures. Great people and drop-dead gorgeous women. I fell in love in Spain about every 3 minutes.

They are a very passionate people and many wear their emotions on their sleeves. Just like several other cultures. Great people and drop-dead gorgeous women. I fell in love in Spain about every 3 minutes.

Exactly!

On the other end of the spectrum... You should see me Irish father-in-law and brother-in-law... :D:thumbsup: My brother-in-law's wife is from Mexico... :beer: Wow.. What a culture clash... Now mix in that my brother-in-law and his family live in Taiwan! :beer: