Levi Brown

First of all, at this point I'm thinking Trent will win the QB job. He is experienced, and I think Chan will get his old ways back on the field. However, watch this video from bb.com Levi Brown Video

This guy has some SWAG! This is the attitude that none of the other QB's on our roster have. I am hoping Trent turns it around this year because he's a great guy, and I think he's capable. But, Levi is impressive! Now we have to see if the swagger translates to the field

First of all, at this point I'm thinking Trent will win the QB job. He is experienced, and I think Chan will get his old ways back on the field. However, watch this video from bb.com Levi Brown Video

This guy has some SWAG! This is the attitude that none of the other QB's on our roster have. I am hoping Trent turns it around this year because he's a great guy, and I think he's capable. But, Levi is impressive! Now we have to see if the swagger translates to the field

What old ways? Sucking, always hurt, too scared to throw with anticipation? Nothing has changed for captain checkdown since college. There is nothing to 'get back' he has always sucked.

+1

It's hard not to like the kid. It takes some big stones to transfer from a I-AA school to I-A, when you weren't even the starter at your first school. Sounds like he has a lot of confidence and knew his only chance at playing football for a living was to make something happen.

What old ways? Sucking, always hurt, too scared to throw with anticipation? Nothing has changed for captain checkdown since college. There is nothing to 'get back' he has always sucked.

Posts like this are the reason why you have zero credibility and why everyone on this forum thinks you are really dumb.

thanks darth. You're always right on cue. We all know you think Trent sucks. Watch some tape and you'll see that he can play when he has time. Last year he had no time and Alex didn't exactly know how to break down a defense. Knowing you're going to have to run for your life or get killed can hurt a qb's psyche too. Hell, YouTube Trent highlights and you'll see him throw some bombs when he actually had time. He's not the "kitty" you think he is because he can't throw a bomb every play when he's on his back.

Thanks for the post. Frankly considering this entire year is going to be developmental for the team as a whole - why not just throw the kid out there and see what he has to offer.

Between him and Brohm there is at least the benefit of the unknown compared to Edwards and Fitzpatrick who have shown they have nothing special.

Thanks.

Any update on Eric Wood? It appears you think highly of him.

believe it or not I know Eric and I talked to him about 3 weeks ago. He said everything is still on track for a July/august comeback

thanks darth. You're always right on cue. We all know you think Trent sucks. Watch some tape and you'll see that he can play when he has time. Last year he had no time and Alex didn't exactly know how to break down a defense. Knowing you're going to have to run for your life or get killed can hurt a qb's psyche too. Hell, YouTube Trent highlights and you'll see him throw some bombs when he actually had time. He's not the "kitty" you think he is because he can't throw a bomb every play when he's on his back.

I have watched every game, he sucks. He just doesn't have it. and yes he is a kitty. he is what he is, why do you guys keep wanting guys that suck ass to play QB for us then wonder why the team sucks.

Posts like this are the reason why you have zero credibility and why everyone on this forum thinks you are really dumb.

Wow every single one? Damn I guess they tell you one thing then me something else. Trent sucks, get a !@#$ing clue and get past the man crush on him already. Time to find another QB hopefully the anti Trentitive.

Wow every single one? Damn I guess they tell you one thing then me something else. Trent sucks, get a !@#$ing clue and get past the man crush on him already. Time to find another QB hopefully the anti Trentitive.

Hahaha yeah, because people on this board say "oh my gosh darth! Your 2000 posts that all say the same thing are so riveting!! The stadium wall can't live without you saying trent Edwards is a kitty in every single thread whether it has to do with qb's or not!"

get a grip darth. Actually, try to go a whole day without making a comment about the quarterback position. Betcha cant :)

I have watched every game, he sucks. He just doesn't have it. and yes he is a kitty. he is what he is, why do you guys keep wanting guys that suck ass to play QB for us then wonder why the team sucks.

I completely agree with Darth with regard to Edwards. Trent is not good. So many posters make the "hopefully he can get back to how he played his first few games point". Which is completely inaccurate. He is the same. The only difference is that the expectations increased when Trent became the starter and he could not live up to them. He initially came in and completed a ton of short passes and just looked more competent than JP. But he was not throwing downfield, scoring points, orchestrating effective drives and/or winning games.

Trent is soft. He does get injured too often and he does not seem to have the charisma that most good starting QBs have. He is not a leader. He would make a great backup, because he is smart and does not take chances. He can come in and finish out a game and he can start a game or two somewhat effectively, but he does not have the skills or personality to be a franchise QB.

Trent was awful last year, but I just love how the hate is directed at him instead of our front office.

We had a guy who looked like he could be a decent starting NFL quarterback and decided to cut our starting LG, trade our Pro Bowl LT with no Plan B in place, blow up the right side of our line, "upgrade" at C by getting the cheapest guy available who was so good in Carolina they used a 2nd on Ryan Kalil, and then cut our LT after the start of the season because Ralph wasn't paying a back-up $3 m per year because Lord knows you don't need depth in the NFL. We decided to add a degree of difficulty to this by trying to run a no-huddle, fired our offensive coordinator, elevated the QB coach to become a first-time coordinator and then, of course, never filled the QB coach position so Trent had to deal with all of this with no position coach.

Yep, what we need is a new QB.

I always have to laugh when somebody refers to any NFL player as a pus*y. Darth, I'd love to see you walk onto the gridiron and take the type of hits Trent takes.

While I disagree that trent will win the job, I do agree that Levi has some Swagger, I saw that video a day or two ago and thought the same thing, he just has an air of confidence about him that is refreshing. It's not often that a late rd QB makes it in the NFL, but I think this kid could be one of the few, Good Luck to Levi.

I always have to laugh when somebody refers to any NFL player as a pus*y. Darth, I'd love to see you walk onto the gridiron and take the type of hits Trent takes.

He is a kitty. I see many other qb's take the hits and not puss out. I also see them have the balls to throw with anticipation, when a WR might be covered and throw to that one spot he is open. I see them stand tall and take it in the chin, hop back up and throw it again.

Yeah he is a kitty, period.

I really like this Levi Brown kid, too. There's just something about him that gives me confidence that he may actually end up starting at some point. Seems like the kind of player that can just make things happen on the field, which is something we haven't had since Flutie. His release is quick and he seems to have some smarts, so who knows? Maybe this is the guy that'll finally end our search for a QB...we can hope, right?

While I disagree that trent will win the job, I do agree that Levi has some Swagger, I saw that video a day or two ago and thought the same thing, he just has an air of confidence about him that is refreshing. It's not often that a late rd QB makes it in the NFL, but I think this kid could be one of the few, Good Luck to Levi.

Nix and Gailey had him pegged specifically. They said they plan on developing this kid so I can see him challenging for the job in 2011 IF there is a non lockout 11 season

I am not a fan nor a hater of Trent Edwards but I would like to see him succeed as well as I would like all 4 Qb's because if they do well it makes the team better. That's the most important thing the w-l column

Nix and Gailey had him pegged specifically. They said they plan on developing this kid so I can see him challenging for the job in 2011 IF there is a non lockout 11 season

its possible, historically speaking its a big uphill climb for levi, but he's lucky to be in such an unsettled situation here in buffalo, I hope he can make it and help turn this franchise into a winner, however, from just a sheer statistical standpoint, the odds are not in his favor.

Do the math. They are not going to carry 4 QBs.

The likelihood that Brohm is named starter on opening day is very low. So it's either TE or Fitz. If it's TE, no way they let Fitz goa and have Brohm and Brown as the backups. Fitz is a solid backup---crucial in this league. You can't let him go.

That leaves Brown as the obvious man out. He had one good year in a bush conference. I have to believe Brohm is better.

The liklihood they that Brohm is named starter on opening day is very low. So it's either TE or Fitz. If it's TE, no way they let Fitz goa and have Brohm and Brown as the backups. Fitz is a solid backup---crucial in this league. You can't let him go.

That leaves Brown as the obvious man out. He had one good year in a bush conference. I have to believe Brohm is better.

Brown will probably be on the practice squad in 2010. Just my guess. But then again, they probably won't want to pay 2 QBs $2m each, especially to be #2 and #3. So if Trent is the starter, they could keep Fitz or Brohm as backup and cut the other, with Brown as the #3. Same if Fitz or Brohm are starter, Trent becomes backup, Brown #3.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I think that if they don't keep all 4 guys somehow, it will give ammunition to the "Ralph is a cheap SOB" crowd.

The likelihood that Brohm is named starter on opening day is very low. So it's either TE or Fitz. If it's TE, no way they let Fitz goa and have Brohm and Brown as the backups. Fitz is a solid backup---crucial in this league. You can't let him go.

Why is the likelihood of Brohm being named starter low? He's shown just as much as Trent or Fitzpatrick. The only QB the current coach has anything invested in is Brown since they just drafted him. Anytime Gailey talks about the QB spot he stresses the open competition. It's just as likely for Brohm to be named starter, as it is Edwards or Fitzpatrick. All 3 have strong points and weak points. A lot depends on how well Edwards and Fitzpatrick have corrected their deficiencies from last year, and if Brohm shows anything.

Brown will probably be on the practice squad in 2010. Just my guess. But then again, they probably won't want to pay 2 QBs $2m each, especially to be #2 and #3. So if Trent is the starter, they could keep Fitz or Brohm as backup and cut the other, with Brown as the #3. Same if Fitz or Brohm are starter, Trent becomes backup, Brown #3.

Sort of the way I see it, but I think Brown is a lock for #3, and not get sent to practice sqd. he's Nix/Gailey's pick.

I just hope that if Brown does start at some point, it's not too soon, and doesnt get thrown to the wolves. A gradual adjustmnt would be better, IMO.

I think that Brohm will surprise everyone and get the nod. He has defiantly the biggest prospect coming out of college and seems to be the hardest working QB in the off-season so far.

I think that Brohm will surprise everyone and get the nod. He has defiantly the biggest prospect coming out of college and seems to be the hardest working QB in the off-season so far.

and how exactly do you know who "the hardest working QB in the offseason" is???

Just saw an interview with Brown on WKBW-TV - nice kid, handles himself well with the media - FWIW, they say he's "all but assured" a spot on the roster.

As TIPS has stated many times now, on September 12th the pecking order will be...

Brian Brohm - Starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - #2

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Clipboard/#3

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern at Synopsys

19 and 0 baby!!! <_<

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :thumbsup:

not that i am disagreeing with your post, but how do we know he is the hardest working? Because he is allowed to be at this rookie camp right now? id be hoping trent and fitz would be working their assses off too...im sure they would like to keep their jobs and maybe even win a game or too...

The math is that Brown is at-worst the 3rd QB. Who among the other 3 gets cut remains to be seen.

Honestly, it doesn't matter, I want the QB of this team to do more good than harm and help us win some games, I don't care if his name is Brown, Brohm, Edwards or Fitzpatrick, just someone who can help us win

:thumbsup:

Kudos to Brown for having belief in himself and going for it. I hope and even think that he has a real shot of being the QB that we all have hoped for. I believe that you can't teach moxy and this kid seems to have some!