Hardy not at mini camp...

WHOA, hold the !@#$ing phone, what's the meaning of this!?

Second-year linebacker Nic Harris was at the facility but not participating. He ended last season on the injured reserve with an injury (I think a knee) and wasn't quite ready to practice.

"I think a knee" !?

:thumbsup:

Is there any word as to the nature of said commitment?

Possibly spending the day with mom? (Hopefully no dad - and no guns - this year. ;) )

Anyway, despite the usual TSW nattering nabobs of negativism, Gailey seems OK with Hardy's absence, and generally pleased with veteran participation since March...

Receiver James Hardy was not in attendance. He has been in town since offseason conditioning started in March. Gailey said Hardy had a personal commitment...Gailey on veteran participation in offseason workouts: "Excellent. Our guys have worked very hard. On the whole they have done a great job. Obviously guys have things they have to take care of in the offseason and I certainly understand that. So you just deal with those misses and let them make them up when they can. We feel like we're getting a lot out of these guys this year."

(link - Gailey wraps up minicamp)

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :thumbsup:

Isn't Hardy entering his 3rd year? Making him exempt from participation?

This has been answered numerous times. He was inactive for part of his first year and almost all of last year, so he's eligible to for this camp. Same reason Brohm is there.

"Don't stop him, he's on a role..."

Yeah actually don't know why ESPN has only 2009 and no 2008 stats, but Hardy WAS drafted in and played his rookie season in 2008, though rarely saw action and was placed on IR with a torn ligament in Dec. '08. (Regardless, he was eligible for the rookie camp - not sure if they had to be 'invited' but all vets 2 or fewer years were eligible, though not mandated, to participate.)

Chan Gailey reiterated on Friday that participation in this weekend’s rookie minicamp was strictly voluntary for veterans with two years or fewer of accrued NFL experience.

link

Yeah, it is 2 or less years are eligable. And it looks like players that have completed 1 year are called 1st year players and players who completed 2 years are 2nd year players. From all the reports of mini camps, they say things like "mini camp is the first time coaches get to really work with the rookies. 1st and 2nd year players are also allowed to join as an option." So 1st year players does not refer to the rookies. It refers to players who have put in a year. At least that is how it looks.

Either way, players that have 2 or less years in the league are allowed to attend.

He could have a major family issue that he doesn't make private. It's a voluntary rookie minicamp. Give the guy a break unless you have the whole story.

Why give Hardy a break? Isn't his absence typical of what we've seen of this sad choice? WHEN is he going to contribute to this team? He got his signing bonus and signed out. Most people could have predicted it, but not Marv Levy.

Why give Hardy a break? Isn't his absence typical of what we've seen of this sad choice? WHEN is he going to contribute to this team? He got his signing bonus and signed out. Most people could have predicted it, but not Marv Levy.

If being in Buffalo all off season training and learning means he checked out......so be it

Yeah, it is 2 or less years are eligable. And it looks like players that have completed 1 year are called 1st year players and players who completed 2 years are 2nd year players. From all the reports of mini camps, they say things like "mini camp is the first time coaches get to really work with the rookies. 1st and 2nd year players are also allowed to join as an option." So 1st year players does not refer to the rookies. It refers to players who have put in a year. At least that is how it looks.

Either way, players that have 2 or less years in the league are allowed to attend.

Dan, actually I don't think that is right. I think first year players typically means undrafted players coming out of college, while rookikes means drafted players coming out of college. In this context, first year players may also mean all players without a year of accrued service (due to being inactive during time on the roster).

Isn't Hardy entering his 3rd year? Making him exempt from participation?

Rookies, first year and second year players are allowed, based on "accrued" seasons.

At this point, Hardy has accrued only 2 seasons.

Injuries non-withstanding, at some point we need to stop giving this guy a break.

How many breaks has he gotten, besides him being hurt. He has been the Fans whooping boy since he has been drafted. I havent seen many breaks

Injuries non-withstanding, at some point we need to stop giving this guy a break.

Yep.

See also CIN, and their 2008 2nd rounder Jerome Simpson (who?). A real peach...

http://www.nfl.com/players/jeromesimpson/p...le?id=SIM531556

And he can't even claim injury. The press releases by the club at the time was..great leaper in a crowd...huge hands...NFL speed...great in traffic...

Since then, they paid for same-year 3rd rounder Andre Caldwell, spent $ on Coles, bought UDFA Quan Cosby, acquired Antoiio Bryant and the curious Matt Jones, and spent a 3rd this year for TX player Jordan Shipley and a 6th on KS wr Dezmon Bryant.

Sometimes, perceived "bargains" don't work out so well.

Looks as though James had a "personal commitment." Looks like he's not committed to making the team, because chances are he might be on the outside looking in (paraphrasing from RotoWorld)...

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...%28BillBoard%29

I have a bad feeling about Hardy and I really hope I am wrong. That being said David Nelson is my free Agent pick this year to make the team. Last year it was Jon Bell. I hope I do better with Nelson than with Bell!