NFL Execs expect Gathier trade

Kaz says:

May 7, 2010 1:36 PM

NOW the Bills want to upgrade their needs? Should of handled this during the draft instead of taking luxury picks at a position they were stacked at.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And dont give me that "BPA" line here, because I simply dont believe that

A - Spiller would qualify as BPA, and

B- Anyone but RW made the selection.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. Schefter has been bang on with everything he reports expect for this year's draft stuff. There may very well have been some truth to what he reported, we'll never know. The draft is ALL smoke screen and mirrors. But Schefter is almost never wrong on regular NFL stuff. I believe what he's reporting.

Give me a break! I know what I heard. He kept coming on to ESPN saying the Bills were devastated and heartbroken.

How do you know they weren't? Just because they said they didn't pursue trading up for him? What would you expect them to say after not drafting him?

I suppose with that reasoning, if Clausen would have been picked just before #41 then the Bills would have been heartbroken yet again. Bunk. Nix is a strait shooter in my book. He didn't want Tebow early in the draft. If anything,

Tebow was used as a distraction.

I suppose with that reasoning, if Clausen would have been picked just before #41 then the Bills would have been heartbroken yet again. Bunk. Nix is a strait shooter in my book. He didn't want Tebow early in the draft. If anything,

Tebow was used as a distraction.

It was never reported that the Bills liked Clausen. In fact there was plenty of word from Schefter and others that the Bills didn't want Clausen (which the draft proved to be correct). Mocks still had the Bills drafting Clausen because the team needs a quarterback. It was, however, reported that the Bills liked Tebow.

You really believe Nix when he said Chan Gailey was the one and only guy they wanted to hire as the head coach all along throughout that long and drawn out process of being turned down by candidate after candidate? Come on now.

What are you guys drinking? Smoking? If LTs are at a premium and the Ravens want to trade their supposed great LT, does that not raise a red flag? Or twenty? Who gets rid of a top-flight, young left tackle if all is well. The guy is Jason Peters, Jr., a malcontent who is never going to be happy with his situation or his contract. Plus, by all reports, his motivation is questionable, his attitude is poor, and his work habits are lousy.

If these reports are correct, then I don't see why in the heck Buddy would ever be interested in this guy. He doesn't fit the personality trait of the guys Nix just drafted. Not one bit.

who did you want?

Clausen, McCoy, a trade, a CFL guy. Just about anyone that isn't on the roster now.

Perhaps this years class wasn't so good. I don't know, but no one really knows. It's not so much the people that didn't like this class, it's the people that think it's better to draft a left tackle BEFORE a new QB, setting the team back at least an extra year,(and probably improving the team just enough to take them out of a high draft position).

The line can be fixed while a QB is developed. Decent enough lineman can be assembled in the 2 years or so it would take for a rookie QB to develop. The sooner a rookie QB (I'm not sold on developing 7th round guys) is here, the sooner we don't have to sit through more of the pathetic offensive performances that have scarred my youth.

watch the Bills trade our #1 pick next year for Gaither and then go out and finish 2-14 and get the 1st overall pick.

It would be just our luck to do something like that!! Until I see results on the field I am definitely a pessimist regarding

the new coaching staff and Buddy Nix playing with the controls. Remember, that R. Wilson is still the Bills Owner and

you can bet the bottom dollar effects some of the decisions the Bills organization makes.

Even though I would love to have Gaither, I would not consider giving up my next year's number one pick for the purpose

of a trade. I think the best I could do is our 2nd round pick next year, or swap places with Baltimore in the first round and letting the chips fall where they may! I think Baltimore would take the risk that Buffalo will be one of the 10 worst teams and that they (Balt.) will probably be around the 10th best team.

Well for now... :thumbsup:

Kaz says:

NOW the Bills want to upgrade their needs? Should of handled this during the draft instead of taking luxury picks at a position they were stacked at.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And dont give me that "BPA" line here, because I simply dont believe that

So you would rather they have just blindly taken the 3rd tackle in the draft regardless of their assessment of his ability because they "Need," a tackle? That's crazy. That's how you wind up mired in mediocrity. And who says the draft is the only time you're allowed to upgrade your needs? Who cares how you acquire the player as long as you do. Gaither will be more ready to step in and fill the role than any rookie they could have drafted.

Clausen, McCoy, a trade, a CFL guy. Just about anyone that isn't on the roster now.

Just because the Bills need a quarterback doesn't make the ones available any better. If they're no good they're no good. Burning a first or second round pick on them doesn't help matters.

Just because the Bills need a quarterback doesn't make the ones available any better. If they're no good they're no good. Burning a first or second round pick on them doesn't help matters.

Just like the Bills will not likely make a move at OT until they are sure that who that have is not going to be in their plans for this year. This will likely not be a one year fix. The Bills have all new coaches, are installing a whole new system and many veterans and rookies will not only be learning a new scheme and play book, but in some cases will be playing different positions that what they are used to. Someone might have posted all the likely changes in positions and there were more than just a couple...

I don't look to Adam Schefter or nevergiveup for my latest Buffalo Bills news. I look to Joe Logan and Sal Capaccio!! Let me know when they report it, because then i will surely believe it!!

Joe Logan ??? The host of NBC's hit show fear factor.....didn't realize he is a !@#$.

Kaz says:

thanks for quoting that guy. After I read his post I felt I should bash him for being ignorant. But I was tok lazy to register and make a sign in. So now I can bash you....

A- the bills NEED someone that can get in the endzone. While we have 2 good rbs, neither of them are much of a threat to score every time they get the ball. Thats now been filled.

B- would you rather have anthony Davis or Brian bulaga, each of whom have proved nothing and both have pretty significant "cons", AND cost us a 1st round pick. Or you could have an established LT that we KNOW can play pro bowl caliber ball, meanwhile costing us a 2nd round pick? Hmmmmm.....

Why is there a problem with trading a future pick, that we would select an unproven player, as opposed to trading it for a proven player at a position of need? You really don't make any sense. Just because nix didn't draft who you wanted....

/cry