Mosque coming to Ground Zero

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id be open to them building the mosque ANYWHERE ELSE in NYC. ****, they can build it in !@#$ing MIDTOWN if they wanted to.

You !@#$ing dummy......Im ASKING FOR Imam Rauf to reach out and TEACH ME about Islam, so that I have a better understanding, instead of "what I hear in the news." Have you read my yposts in this thread? Thats all Im asking for. But no...he refuses....and Im a "bigot" beucase Id like Imam Rauf to either be sensitive to the 9/11 families or at least make an effort to reach out to the the community and foster a good relationship with those who are sensitive to his project.

And not for nothing...I dont give a **** about your little perfect Daddy. Nice of you to make uneducated, ignorant blanket statements about others while at the SAME time, lecturing them about NOT doing just that.

And I LOVE how asking for some outreach or for Imam Rauf to reconsider his location is "stomping all over the Constitution." But I guess Nancy Pelosi calling for a formal investigation of those who oppose this project is OK in your book, right?

That was the point I was trying to get at when I made those accusations about your father. How does it feel now that the shoe is on the other foot?? Doesn't feel good, does it?

BTW. I have been trying to make an appointment with the Pope to teach me about Catholicism and he won't even give me a response!!!! How can he ignore ME like that??? :lol:

BTW2. Are you a Christian? If you are, here's a good take on Islam from a Christian's POV.

http://www.christiananswers.net/islam.html

Educate yourself!!!!

That was the point I was trying to get at when I made those accusations about your father. How does it feel now that the shoe is on the other foot?? Doesn't feel good, does it?

BTW. I have been trying to make an appointment with the Pope to teach me about Catholicism and he won't even give me a response!!!! How can he ignore ME like that??? :lol:

You over 12 years in age? :P

BTW. I have been trying to make an appointment with the Pope to teach me about Catholicism and he won't even give me a response!!!! How can he ignore ME like that??? :P

BTW2. Are you a Christian? If you are, here's a good take on Islam from a Christian's POV.

Educate yourself!!!!

I am still waiting for the hot dog vendor to educate me on how best to apply mustard........ :lol:

Hold on. Is there Sacred Dust in Shanksville? I'm worried about Halal Grocers moving in.

Hey, I think you are on to something, "Don't want those filthy Muslims in your area, only $99.95 will get you enough Sacred Dust to cover your whole block. Order now, supplies are limited."

BTW. I have been trying to make an appointment with the Pope to teach me about Catholicism and he won't even give me a response!!!! How can he ignore ME like that??? :wallbash:

Educate yourself!!!!

Comparing the leader of the Catholic Church to an Imam looking to open a local house of worship?

The Sacred Dust joke is cute, but a total red Herring. At least for me. I never used where the dust or anything else landed as any kind of criteria. I simply used proximity to the WTC.

Hope you clowns dont mind tit bars next to the schools your kids go to. Beucase Im getting that rule rescinded and building big huge all nude tit palaces right next door to the schools where your kiddies go.

After all....I have "the right." Its freedom of speech!!!!!!

Or are you sexist against women?

The Sacred Dust joke is cute, but a total red Herring. At least for me. I never used where the dust or anything else landed as any kind of criteria. I simply used proximity to the WTC.

Hope you clowns dont mind tit bars next to the schools your kids go to. Beucase Im getting that rule rescinded and building big huge all nude tit palaces right next door to the schools where your kiddies go.

This is such a ridiculous post, yes people have grieved over 9/11, it was arguably one of the darkest days in American history.. however, there are many Americans who have chosen to shut it out of their lives completely and forget that it ever happened. Why does it matter that someone wants to build a place of worship near that site? As the argument has been made, if it were a catholic church or any other religion, would you be reacting the same way? Probably not, because its obvious the people who have an issue with this cannot seperate the fact that not all Muslims are terrorists. ---- I am willing to bet if the people behind 9/11 were white, and someone wanted to build a church there after the fact, people wouldn't be complaining about it because they were white.

And I agree with Heels, does no one care that Muslims practice their faith at the Pentagon? that site was hit too..... maybe we should run them out of their ASAP.

No it's not. I have a feeling that a family member of a victim of 911 would not find any humor being attached to that day. You won't find any comedian go there and seeing members of this board try to make humor out of this "dust" is flat out disgusting. Family members of non-muslim victims who were vaporized are probably extremely upset that a victory monument to islam could be built upon the ground were their remains may have landed. Not all mind you, but the vast majority I'd bet.

No it's not. I have a feeling that a family member of a victim of 911 would not find any humor being attached to that day. You won't find any comedian go there and seeing members of this board try to make humor out of this "dust" is flat out disgusting. Family members of non-muslim victims who were vaporized are probably extremely upset that a victory monument to islam could be built upon the ground were their remains may have landed. Not all mind you, but the vast majority I'd bet.

This is what people don't get here. They may have a "right" to build there but they are not right to do so. It is too polarizing. If they want to build a bridge like they claim, then don't build a wall instead. Naming it the Cordoba Center is very telling and smacks of a victory monument. They have been offered alternate sites by the NYS government and won't even discuss those sites. It seems like this particular site is very important to them. Since it wouldn't be a neighborhood mosque in and amongst the population, why is it so important to them to locate 2 blocks from the WTC site?

The "Sacred Dust" joke isn't just me being cute. That was the actual legal argument used in court to argue that the site was within the 9/11 "footprint". And as ridiculous as that is, it was argued that way because as an objective fact it's still less ridiculous than your arbitrary measure of proximity.

Hey, if you can change the zoning laws, go for it.

This is what people don't get here. They may have a "right" to build there but they are not right to do so. It is too polarizing. If they want to build a bridge like they claim, then don't build a wall instead. Naming it the Cordoba Center is very telling and smacks of a victory monument. They have been offered alternate sites by the NYS government and won't even discuss those sites. It seems like this particular site is very important to them. Since it wouldn't be a neighborhood mosque in and amongst the population, why is it so important to them to locate 2 blocks from the WTC site?

"Cordoba" is a word that bothers you? Probably one of the most intellectually and religiously diverse regions of the world in the middle ages where most of Western philosophy and science came from?

Search Avicenna, Averroes. Moses Maimonides, and Thomas Aquinas.

Although I think most of us get the sensitivities, these aren't the minarets around Hagia Sophia.

"Cordoba" is a word that bothers you? Probably one of the most intellectually and religiously diverse regions of the world in the middle ages where most of Western philosophy and science came from?

Search Avicenna, Averroes. Moses Maimonides, and Thomas Aquinas.

Although I think most of us get the sensitivities, these aren't the minarets around Hagia Sophia.

Nice set of references...I wonder how many got them?

Just saw something on the History Channel about Byzantine architecture (Engineering an Empire or something). The Hagia Sophia was and is !@#$ing amazing.