Smoking Ban at the Ralph?

yall

Last year at a game, I spoke with one of the a$$hats herding people into the the designated smoking area which was a tiny yellow box spraypainted on the ground.

He mentioned that this year the Ralph may go 100% smoke free.

Has anyone else heard this?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't happen soon enough.

+1

I dont smoke cant stand it. I was recently at Dunn Tire raceway for the crash-o-rama and a guy and girl sitting in front of me with their 2 -3 year old i may add smoked the entire time, and every time the exhaled the smoke came right up and hit us in the face.

Needless to say, about 30 min later the guy behind me got real fed up and we wound up driving the people out of the section. Calling us inconsiderate....irony i think so...

Last year at a game, I spoke with one of the a$$hats herding people into the the designated smoking area which was a tiny yellow box spraypainted on the ground.

We can only hope.

+1

I dont smoke cant stand it. I was recently at Dunn Tire raceway for the crash-o-rama and a guy and girl sitting in front of me with their 2 -3 year old i may add smoked the entire time, and every time the exhaled the smoke came right up and hit us in the face.

Needless to say, about 30 min later the guy behind me got real fed up and we wound up driving the people out of the section. Calling us inconsiderate....irony i think so...

Quite a bit different at the Ralph. You aren't allowed to smoke inside the stadium at all, and the smoking areas are fairly well away from the flow of pedestrian traffic.

Dodger Stadium did this a couple of years ago. You have to go outside the stadium to have a smoke. Still no restrictions on foul-mouthed, drunken, gangbanger "fans." But at least they've gotten those psychotic smokers under control.

Still no restrictions on foul-mouthed, drunken, gangbanger "fans." But at least they've gotten those psychotic smokers under control.

Well smokers aren't putting money in Ralphies pocket like the drunks (over) buying beers do.

So to them banning smoking is irrelevant, alcohol not so much.

I have no issues with having a smoking area outside somewhere away from me. Yeah, the disgusting smelling smokers by you is gross, but not a huge deal.

But damn, isn't being degraded by being herded into some leper colony area enough to make you stop smoking, at least for the few hours you are inside the stadium? Geez I would sure think so.

Seems fine to me to allow smoking outside. Banning it inside the stadium is understandable, but outside in the areas that are not in the concourse (concession areas) seems ok. Open air areas at the ends of the stadium is more than reasonable to me.

Smokers should have no rights. Zero. Nada. You want to kill yourself? Fine. Do it on your own property until they invent a way to keep your filthy smoke from infiltrating my air.

And while we're at it? Throw your filthy butts in a TRASH CAN, not out your car window or wherever you happen to drop them. It's litter, jackasses.

Smokers should have no rights. Zero. Nada. You want to kill yourself? Fine. Do it on your own property until they invent a way to keep your filthy smoke from infiltrating my air.

And while we're at it? Throw your filthy butts in a TRASH CAN, not out your car window or wherever you happen to drop them. It's litter, jackasses.

Seriously, I'd like to see littering fines imposed on cigarette butts. It should not be any more acceptable than dumping a bag of trash on the sidewalk.

Seriously, I'd like to see littering fines imposed on cigarette butts. It should not be any more acceptable than dumping a bag of trash on the sidewalk.

I'm pretty sure that dumping cigarette butts on the sidewalk is littering, and you can be fined.

But shrug, people smoking isn't really that big of a deal.

I wasn't aware that all smokers litter and that all non-smokers are a picture of health.

I propose a fat guy ban. They smell, walk too slow, and take up too much space. Someone should keep them from ordering all that fast food. McDonald's et al do terrible things for the environment, and all that packaging gets littered or at best winds up in landfills. And those poor factory-farmed animals :nana:

Tall people should be banned from the Ralph, too. I mean, god-forbid one of them sat in front of me and then I couldn't see our beloved Bills.

I completely understand not wanting to be around smoke or smokers, but most people can deal with it without crying.

Plus, I think an acceptable "compromise" has been met per the Ralph, so where is it that all these smokers are blowing filthy smoke into "your" air? I would suggest avoiding those places, since they are few and far between these days.

I dare any one of you who are complaining to walk up to a smoker who tosses their butt and tell them they are littering.

I'm typically not big on approaching drug addicts in a threatening/challenging manner thanks.

No good can come from it. It's not like they are going to stop because of a sudden revelation that they are littering. Most simply don't care or they wouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Out of the car window I do find interesting though. If you are a smoker you obviously don't care how gross it is. Why not put the butts in the car ashtray (not you specifically McClane, just a question in general)?

i only smoke when i'm shitfaced. so i usually need a smoke or two during the bills game.

+1. You don't have to go sit out there with the smokers people. Do you guys get pissed at everyone that smokes anywhere outdoors too?

I smoke occassionally when I drink and do sometimes have one during the Bills games at the stadium. I do hate seeing cigarette butts on the ground anywhere and think people should throw away their trash. I even love the fact that you cannot smoke in bars anymore.

What I don't agree with is this sentiment that smokers are poisoning the air around us and making it unbearable for everyone else. This is complete BS. How many cigarettes do you think it takes to poison the air as much as your SUV does on the way to work? I think it's stupid that people make such a big deal out of second hand smoke at a place where the majority of those going to the event have sat in the middle of a sea on cars - many still running - for a few hours before the game. If it's really a health issue, then why stop at smoking. Maybe the Ralph should be the first stadium in the country that doesn't have parking lots at all - everyone has to take a bus there to make the air cleaner for everyone. They could break up the parking lots and put grass in so everyone could get tailgate ont he grass and make sure no one breathes in any toxins.

:nana: