Final thread on Trent Edwards

Just so everyone can understand why Edwards was good and now he isnt. First, it is not for any of these reasons

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

It is plain and simply this....

Before Edwards, Loseman never threw underneath, he loved the deep ball and his outlet pass was his infamous 2 yard out pattern to a receiver. I remember countless 3rd and longs going for two yards or incomplete. We all said "why dont we involve the backs more" Thanks JP

When Trent came in, He QUICKLY got rid of the ball to Tight ends and backs. But then we all remember saying he COULDNT go deep, that was the arguement back then. Then once or twice a game he would go deep sideline, hit Evans, and we were all relieved. We thought he was a complete QB. Then we started losing, we blamed all of these things that we blame now but wasnt he 4-0 or 5-1 witt he same Oline, coaches and even a concussion? How did he do so good against SD that year right after the concussion? Maybe it was game 6 that year that defenses took away the dump off and then look what happened. I challenge anyone to watch his head in a game, he looks right,looks left, and then looks for the back. His reads are fake. He never stays on the reciever even when WIDE OPEN, watch his head on your Tivo. Even TO called him out on this, saying, "hes not reading the F'ing defense" I heard him say this from the sideline. Poor TO must have waited a long time to say this for fear of being called a cancer.

I always thought, even when we were winning , wheres the pass across the middle? Why does he always throw short? Whats wrong with him?

Then other teams saw it, and Edwards became worthless. He proved it against Cleveland in his 3 int game, or was it 4? He couldnt pass across the middle. He is mindless and even worse, Hes cocky! He acts superior and as if hes good. What a total loser he really is, who just got lucky that he got on a patient Bills team that seems to give every QB three years to prove how bad he really is like Rob Johnson and JP loseman, but gets rid of good ones after the same amount of time-sorry Flutie,Bledsoe,Van Pelt.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone can understand why Edwards was good and now he isnt. First, it is not for any of these reasons

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

Before Edwards, Loseman never threw underneath, he loved the deep ball and his outlet pass was his infamous 2 yard out pattern to a receiver. I remember countless 3rd and longs going for two yards or incomplete. We all said "why dont we involve the backs more" Thanks JP

When Trent came in, He QUICKLY got rid of the ball to Tight ends and backs. But then we all remember saying he COULDNT go deep, that was the arguement back then. Then once or twice a game he would go deep sideline, hit Evans, and we were all relieved. We thought he was a complete QB. Then we started losing, we blamed all of these things that we blame now but wasnt he 4-0 or 5-1 witht he same Oline, coaches and even a concussion? How did he do so good against SD that year right after the concussion? Maybe it was game 6 that year that defenses took away the dump off and then look what happened. I challenge anyone to watch his head in a game, he looks right,looks left, and looks for the back. His reads are fake. They never stay on the reciever even when WIDE OPEN, watch his head on your Tivo. Even TO called him out on this, saying, "hes not reading the F'ing defense" I heard him say this from the sideline. Poor TO must have waited a long time to say this for fear of being called a cancer.

I always thought, even when we were winning , wheres the pass across the middle? Why does he always throw short? Whats wrong with him?

Then other teams saw it, and Edwards became worthless. He proved it against Cleveland in his 3 int game, or was it 4? He couldnt pass across the middle. He is mindless and even worse, Hes cocky! He acts superior and as if hes good. What a total loser he really is, who just got lucky that he got on a patient Bills team that seems to give every QB three years to prove how bad he really like Rob Johnson and JP loseman, and gets rid of good ones after the same amount of time-sorry Flutie,Bledsoe,Van Pelt.

Thank you.

Moderation persons please delete all future Trent Edwards threads.

:) (not at your post, at your hopes of this being the last Trent thread)

Good luck with the whole "last thread" on Trent Edwards thing...

Honestly, one of the other QB's (Brohm, Fitz, or Levi) could come in and throw for 400 yards, 3 TD's and no turnovers in a win week 1 and someone will still start a thread about Trent is still the better option.

I challenge anyone to watch his head in a game, he looks right,looks left, and looks for the back. His reads are fake. They never stay on the reciever even when WIDE OPEN, watch his head on your Tivo. Even TO called him out on this, saying, "hes not reading the F'ing defense" I heard him say this from the sideline.

If what you are saying is true, then he is panicking back there. If he's just literally going through the motions and not staying true to his reads, then he's just running scared. I think that's why so many of us liked Fitz. It wasn't that he was a giant advancement over Edwards, but he did seem to actually give his WRs a chance to get open -- he seemed to stay with them longer.

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

When Trent came in, He QUICKLY got rid of the ball to Tight ends and backs. But then we all remember saying he COULDNT go deep, that was the arguement back then. Then once or twice a game he would go deep sideline, hit Evans, and we were all relieved. We thought he was a complete QB. Then we started losing, we blamed all of these things that we blame now but wasnt he 4-0 or 5-1 witht he same Oline, coaches and even a concussion? How did he do so good against SD that year right after the concussion? Maybe it was game 6 that year that defenses took away the dump off and then look what happened. I challenge anyone to watch his head in a game, he looks right,looks left, and looks for the back. His reads are fake. They never stay on the reciever even when WIDE OPEN, watch his head on your Tivo. Even TO called him out on this, saying, "hes not reading the F'ing defense" I heard him say this from the sideline. Poor TO must have waited a long time to say this for fear of being called a cancer.

Then other teams saw it, and Edwards became worthless. He proved it against Cleveland in his 3 int game, or was it 4? He couldnt pass across the middle. He is mindless and even worse, Hes cocky! He acts superior and as if hes good. What a total loser he really is, who just got lucky that he got on a patient Bills team that seems to give every QB three years to prove how bad he really like Rob Johnson and JP loseman, and gets rid of good ones after the same amount of time-sorry Flutie,Bledsoe,Van Pelt.

Very well said....great post man...I totally agree....bravo.

Guest dog14787

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

So your negative post/thread is predicated on the fact TE didn't throw across the middle.

How about having a GM that understands the importance of a pass catching TE with size and WR's that aren't midgets.

If what you are saying is true, then he is panicking back there. If he's just literally going through the motions and not staying true to his reads, then he's just running scared. I think that's why so many of us liked Fitz. It wasn't that he was a giant advancement over Edwards, but he did seem to actually give his WRs a chance to get open -- he seemed to stay with them longer.

I thought it was because of his giant melon. Honestly, I think Fitz would be HOF QB if he didn't have to adjust his throwing motion to offset the centripetal force of his head.

Edwards either doesn't trust his arm or doesn't have the ability to throw before a WR makes his break.

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

Non final comment on trent, he flat out sucks. He sucked in College and never would have been picked as high as he was or even started in the NFL if not for Worthless Jauron wanting captain checkdown as his ultra conservitive QB.

So your negative post/thread is predicated on the fact TE didn't throw across the middle.

How about having a GM that understands the importance of a pass catching TE with size and WR's that aren't midgets.

LMAO now it is the Tight ends and WR's fault? Well now you have blamed everyone BUT the one !@#$ responsible for Edwards issues....TRENT !@#$ing EDWARDS!!!!!!!!

Ok so TO was a midget? and Evans and others like desean jackson, eddie royal and steve smith cant play???you are mental midget

I thought it was because of his giant melon. Honestly, I think Fitz would be HOF QB if he didn't have to adjust his throwing motion to offset the centripetal force of his head.

The overdevelopment of Fitz' cranium does hamper his throwing motion. He has that 3/4 delivery because he's the only QB in the league who gets into his own passing lane...

On the other hand, that huge knob of a head contains lots of grey matter and is probably the reason why he scored so high on the Wunderlich Exam.

Like most things, it's a mixed bag.

Guest dog14787
LMAO now it is the Tight ends and WR's fault? Well now you have blamed everyone BUT the one !@#$ responsible for Edwards issues....TRENT !@#$ing EDWARDS!!!!!!!!

If you can't understand the importance of having a good pass catching TE to work the middle of the field or bigger bodied WR's which in case you haven't noticed is exactly what our new GM is trying to do than I'm not sure what to tell you buddy.

Young/developing QB are very reliant on their TE and if the Bills had a clue they would have realized that a long time ago.

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

When Trent came in, He QUICKLY got rid of the ball to Tight ends and backs. But then we all remember saying he COULDNT go deep, that was the arguement back then. Then once or twice a game he would go deep sideline, hit Evans, and we were all relieved. We thought he was a complete QB. Then we started losing, we blamed all of these things that we blame now but wasnt he 4-0 or 5-1 witt he same Oline, coaches and even a concussion? How did he do so good against SD that year right after the concussion? Maybe it was game 6 that year that defenses took away the dump off and then look what happened. I challenge anyone to watch his head in a game, he looks right,looks left, and then looks for the back. His reads are fake. He never stays on the reciever even when WIDE OPEN, watch his head on your Tivo. Even TO called him out on this, saying, "hes not reading the F'ing defense" I heard him say this from the sideline. Poor TO must have waited a long time to say this for fear of being called a cancer.

Then other teams saw it, and Edwards became worthless. He proved it against Cleveland in his 3 int game, or was it 4? He couldnt pass across the middle. He is mindless and even worse, Hes cocky! He acts superior and as if hes good. What a total loser he really is, who just got lucky that he got on a patient Bills team that seems to give every QB three years to prove how bad he really is like Rob Johnson and JP loseman, but gets rid of good ones after the same amount of time-sorry Flutie,Bledsoe,Van Pelt.

Agree. TE is a loser and they should cut him. He will never be the Bills QB for the many reasons that you cited and the fact that he is a candy ass and can't play in the cold weather.