BROHM vs. Trentative

Fitz.

Trent.

Brown/Brohm.

Fitzy will start because he is smarter than trent football-wise and much more importantly, he will THROW THE BALL. He will do what he's told to do. Trent looks for the perfect situation. Fitzy understands that his job is to throw the ball.

Trent will stick around because of experience, and if, and only if, they can convince him that his job is to throw, not just contemplate the deeper meaning of life while he's in the pocket.

I like Brohm sorta. Mostly because he was highly touted coming out, and I have no reason to dislike him. But I think Brown could edge him out. New regime likes something about him, and probably they think he's a better fit for the new offense.

It will be funny if Brohm ends up on the practice squad and gets plucked again. maybe its his destiny.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you realize that Brohm threw for 146 yards, no touchdowns, two interceptions and a grand total of three points in his only start. Other than that he was great.

Objectively speaking, the guy has done nothing in the NFL to give anyone a clue that he will be good. He threw no long passes, the longest was 15 yards including yards after catch. Just because Mel Kiper thought he might go first overall a year before he came out, people think this guy is going to be great. His production has been far less than Ryan or Trent. It's year three coming up and so far he's made the Packers practice Squad and the Bills 3rd string.

I think Trent's slide from promise and his hot 4-0 start in 2008 relates to the concussion 1st, Mauron's offense 2nd, and the O-Line 3rd.

Problem was that "hot" start was not overly "hot" to begin with.

4 games, 4 TDs.

The Bills went 4-0 because the teams they played were crappy.

Trent, Fitz, Brown.

Experience wins. Brohmski has none, and they just drafted Brown.

Trent is going to excel because Chan is going to use him the right way

His only chance is if Chan runs on every down.

Chan has said there will be competition at the position, but anyone with half a brain knows that only one is going to get the first crack at the job. That person is going to be the most experienced QB. Everyone who thinks Brohm is the one, is just deluding themselves. Will he get a chance? Yes, but the first QB to get real practice time is going to be Edwards. People are very quick around here to forget how productive Edwards was before getting hit. He could still be beaten by another QB showing great performance, but it is going to be an uphill battle. If Brohm takes the starting positing, he will have to prove to be significantly better. The same with any other QB on the team.

Here are Edwards good points: weak arm, scared, can't read Ds and no balls. We will discuss his weak points at another time.

the only thing that matters to me is who will get the most wins - i dont care if it's 210-240 yards of checkdowns or throwing for 350-400 yards downfield it just doesn't matter - the only people that need those stats are the fantasy folks but i want wins anyway they come - i would rather win a game with a qb throwing for 145 yeards than lose a game with a qb throwing 400+ yards - and once the winning mentality gets internalized then you will be surprised how quickly the stats are just meaningless

first off TO did not care about that bomb or he wouldve tried to go up and get it...

You can watch the play here: http://www.nfl.com/players/brianbrohm/profile?id=BRO095850 On the right side click on play.

First off, notice the protection on the play. It was superb. Then watch the part at the end where they only show TO and the defender. How in the heck is TO supposed to "go up and get it"? He was expecting the QB to lead him, instead it comes down 5 yards behind him. If BB had led him TO would have caught it 8 yards deep in the EZ untouched.

Face it, it was a bad throw.

I don't like to base it all on that game, but as or right now it's all we got to go on.

Now go here: http://www.nfl.com/players/ryanfitzpatrick...le?id=FIT792915 Same play, but with a good pass and a TD to TO in the snow!

That's the other thing I like about Fitz, he can play in the snow.

You can watch the play here: http://www.nfl.com/players/brianbrohm/profile?id=BRO095850 On the right side click on play.

First off, notice the protection on the play. It was superb. Then watch the part at the end where they only show TO and the defender. How in the heck is TO supposed to "go up and get it"? He was expecting the QB to lead him, instead it comes down 5 yards behind him. If BB had led him TO would have caught it 8 yards deep in the EZ untouched.

Face it, it was a bad throw.

I don't like to base it all on that game, but as or right now it's all we got to go on.

You can't seem to find the Trent play to compare to, as Brohm actually was in possession of a pair of testicles when he made that throw.

You really don't think that Nix had anything to do with Brohm coming to this team? Really? I suppose you don't think they knew right around the time Richie Jauron was bagged that Nix would be the GM? I have a feeling this was a foregone conclusion. I have read that it was Nix's relationship with southern schools that led to us drafting Wood, Nelson and others... I am willing to bet that Nix, whether or not he lays claim to it, brought Brohm here.

Brohm is a real QB. He has had success at all levels, minus the NFL up to this point. He had some rough times in a couple preseason games in GB, and they put him on the PS to allow themselves to carry more lineman. We snagged him. Flynn keeps getting the hand release, but truth be told, Brohm is a better QB. What Flynn had over Brohm was confidence, and you couldn't have your 2nd stringer be a deer in the headlights. Brohm has addressed these issues, and you can put your favorite gonad on it, that BROHM will be our starter.

I will go a step further, and say that BROHM will make the homecoming court, also known as the Pro Bowl in the next 2 years.

I wouldn't discard Brohm because he's lost out to Flynn.

I certainly would. The second round selection (Brohm) got decisively beaten out by a seventh round selection (Flynn). What does that tell you about his prospects? One of the main crticisms of Brohm coming out of Green Bay is that he lacked confidence. That is a chilling criticism for qb who is the leader of the offense.

If Brohm outperforms the other qb candidates heading into the season and wins the starting job then I'll support him. What is very perplexing is the level of support he is receiving based on his college game while refusing to acknowledge his disappointing pro performances.

The DarthIce mentality of anyone else but Edwards is nonsensical. If Edwards beats out the other candidates he beats out the other candidates. When the coaches make a decision over the starting qb they will do it based on what they see, not on their preconceived prejudices.

First of all let me say this...most of you believe that trent will start next year over brohm for whatever reason and I dont believe you know what you all are talking about..just because brohm was picked up for nothing people believe he is garbage and will never start in this league....ONE major reason he will/should start next season is that even in his one and only start HE ACTUALLY TARGETS HIS RECIEVERS!! if you could go back to the one game he started, you can tell he threw to his recievers on numerous occasions, I remember Lee had at least 4 receptions...how many passes would trent through to all of them per game, 3 4 times???? Owens reception streaked was broken because trent has no idea whats going on.......hes a complete bum and even if brohm isnt that much better he should be the one to start next season regardless

I think if anyone on this board doesn't know what they are talking about it is.......You! The roster will most likely be the following at the QB depth:

1. Trent Edwards

2. Ryan Fitz

3. Brown

Either cut or on the practice squad: Brohm

The starting job will be won by Edwards (75%) or Brohm (25%). Brown is the 3rd string/emergency guy and Fitz will be cut.

this is what i think will happen also. i also thought the caps would win the stanley cup.

Brohm as profiled by WGR - (they prob got from other sources)

…a very similar body type to Brady Quinn. He's tall and stands with poise. He moves well around the pocket and his patience allows plays to fully develop. He has speed and can be a threat on the ground if necessary, but prefers to work with his arm rather than his feet…arm is as good as they come. He throws a great deep ball but more importantly, the majority of his passes have touch, making it easy for his receivers to pick up yardage after the catch. Durability is a major question. He has a Tom Brady swagger with a Carson Palmer-like arm. He's big and strong and makes sound decisions for his team. However, he has a downside that the other top quarterback's don't and that's durability.

Face it, it was a bad throw...

yea, it was a bad throw, but TO probably should have come back to the ball or become the DB on that play.

For the first time in as long as I can remember there is not a favorite QB going into camp. All 4 QBs are going in with a shot to start. Here's my prediction on the finish:

#1) Brohm

#2) Fitzpatrick (only because of experience)

#3) Brown (only because he's a rookie...he's better than Fitz)

cut - Edwards.

PTR

+1

Trent will not be cut. He may or may not be the starter, but I guarantee he will not get cut. His salary is 1/4 of what Fitz and Brohm make. Whichever of those 2 is not the starter is the one who gets cut. Most likely Fitz.

I think the depth chart will be Brohm, Edwards, Brown or Edwards, Brohm, Brown with Fitzy packing his bags.

Theoretically, they could keep all 4 by sliding brown to the Practice squad, but I just don't see them paying $2m to both Fitz and Brohm and neither is the starter.

Fitz was brought in and paid to be a backup! And a backup he shall be, to Brohm

Problem was that "hot" start was not overly "hot" to begin with.

4 games, 4 TDs.

The Bills went 4-0 because the teams they played were crappy.

Hey look, something we totally agree on...lmao.

Yeah, his play in the 4-0 start was poor in big chunks of those games with Sea being the only game he played solid in.

:rolleyes: