Demeterius Bell has ACL injury

Or perhaps the Bills are sticking with their plan, that it will take them couple of years to retool the team, so they can be consistently good for many years. At least, this is what I hope is going on.

They can develop their left tackle of the future throughout the season. Both prospects can pass block against speed rushers. they need to develop against double moves, bull rushers, and run blocking.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Gailey, Nix, & Whaley. How can you expect Bell to be your front runner at LT when he's coming off that kind of injury. What happened to the comment of the QB's always throwing on their back. You have to bring someone else in. How about Gaither? Please get the Bills a good starting left tackle. Thank you.

i do not believe it required surgery. do you think that nix and galiey dont know the extent of his injury?

really man if they thought it would preclude him from playing then he would not be an option.

i still think they are in the flozell and gaither market no matter what!

Played the first eight games and didn't go on I.R. until December, so at the most, he'd be nine months post-op on opening weekend.

We had a kid pop his ACL in October, had surgery, then ran track in March. ACL's by themselfs aren't that bad anymore.

After trading away Jason Peters last off season the entire world watched and waited for the Bills to draft a replacement or bring in someone in free agency, they didn't and the result was a disastrous season.

The entire world was watching and waiting again for the Bills to draft that LT in round one or two this year, they didn't. Right now the entire world knows Bell / Wang is not the answer at LT and they are still waiting to see how free agency goes.

Wow, the whole world was watching? I knew the draft ratings were good, but wow.....the whole world watching and waiting for out LT decision? Oh yeah, Wang brought the Chinese audience in.......

J*sus H...relax. This will work itself out and ACL's are not the death knell they used to be.

Or perhaps the Bills are sticking with their plan, that it will take them couple of years to retool the team, so they can be consistently good for many years. At least, this is what I hope is going on.

They can develop their left tackle of the future throughout the season. Both prospects can pass block against speed rushers. they need to develop against double moves, bull rushers, and run blocking.

This is what the plan is starting to look like, but who really knows? To somehow think that everything has been addressed in one draft is ridiculous - just as it is ridiculous to think that there will not be more pain and suffering if the Bills line anybody up at LT that is on the current roster.

Maybe some people forgot what happened last year when Trent Edwards was sacked 18 times in the first 5 games and then knocked out in game 6 against the Jets.

Sure, we might have some great players in time, but for the sake of whoever lines up at QB, a quality experienced LT might not be such a bad thing to have until the newbs are up to speed.

I wonder if they are really serious about improving the offense. You need an offensive line, which means not only a starting lineup but extremely capable reserves. Demetrius Bell was a less than capable reserve who was a starter on the only team in the NFL where he would be a starter. God knows what the "reserves" are like. We let incognito go, and aren't sure about Wood, and folks are saying we should not have made a play for Faneca because we are "set" at gaurd. Uh....noooo. There is no reason we can't be a middle of the pack, or high middle of the pack team this coming season if this crew starts to make the obvious necessary personnel decisions.

ACL recovery time is 6 to 9 months for a reconstruction surgery. Bell had a arthroscopic repair (far less invasive than a reconstruction) done in late November. The Bills thought he would return but put him on IR December 11.

I haven't seen any reports of a second surgery, but a scope normally wouldn't have him out 6 to 9 months.

We had a kid pop his ACL in October, had surgery, then ran track in March. ACL's by themselfs aren't that bad anymore.

they are still a very big deal... unless you consider a cadaver implant or patella tendon division anchored by screws minor. ever had one repaired? Mine reminds me every day especially when pushed doing something like skiing. And like everything else there are good repairs and bad repairs. Not all are equal. some knees go very badly...remember Brady?

Whether Bell is completely healthy or not isn't the real issue. The real issue is whether he is a capable starting LT. In my opinion he still has a long way to go. Last year there were injuries on the line. How much depth do the Bills have at this point? Nix will have to be working the phones to get some relief for this very thin unit.

I've seen an awful lot of confidence being placed in Wang around here. I'm afraid these expectations are too far removed from reality.

Wang expectations are often far removed from reality (just aske ~NGs~ wife), but, not having conficence in your Wang is troublesome. You should consider seeking help.

There is a plan, but that isn't it.

Send me $1,000,000 and I will reveal it to you.

This is what the plan is starting to look like, but who really knows? To somehow think that everything has been addressed in one draft is ridiculous - just as it is ridiculous to think that there will not be more pain and suffering

I wonder if they are really serious about improving the offense. You need an offensive line, which means not only a starting lineup but extremely capable reserves.

Nix will have to be working the phones to get some relief for this very thin unit.

it's been reported that gailey has such an amazing scheme that no NFL caliber QB or Oline is required

Wow, the whole world was watching? I knew the draft ratings were good, but wow.....the whole world watching and waiting for out LT decision? Oh yeah, Wang brought the Chinese audience in.......

J*sus H...relax. This will work itself out and ACL's are not the death knell they used to be.

When I read that I had visions of Obama's relatives in Kenya sitting around the campfire discussing the merits of trading for Gaither vs. sticking with Bell.