Demeterius Bell has ACL injury

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it really been confirmed it was ACL? Haven't been able to find any confirmation. If so, shame on Nix for making an already risky proposition even moreso. I mean it's one thing to believe your guy can develop into an NFL caliber starter and give him his shot to prove it, but a whole other if that guy is in the middle of ACL rehab and with no viable backup plan on the roster.

Has it really been confirmed it was ACL? Haven't been able to find any confirmation. If so, shame on Nix for making an already risky proposition even moreso. I mean it's one thing to believe your guy can develop into an NFL caliber starter and give him his shot to prove it, but a whole other if that guy is in the middle of ACL rehab and with no viable backup plan on the roster.

Yes, it has, per Allen Wilson: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...-at-tackle.html

Come on Gailey, Nix, & Whaley. How can you expect Bell to be your front runner at LT when he's coming off that kind of injury. What happened to the comment of the QB's always throwing on their back. You have to bring someone else in. How about Gaither? Please get the Bills a good starting left tackle. Thank you.

They did, his name is Ed Wang

How about Gaither? How about a guy who doesn't have motivation issues and actually wants to play

I didn't care that we came out of the draft without a quarterback. I didn't ultimately think that there was one worth taking at our picks.

But I am concerned that the Bills didn't do more to address the LOT position.

One would have to be the eternal optimist to believe that Wang will be the answer in his first year.

I believe Nix has a plan...I just don't know what it is yet.

His rehab is going well. Here's an article from February.

“I think with the coach we got, coach Joe, I think he’ll get the combinations up front that he needs and we’ll get the job done,” said Bell. “I was talking to him the other day on the phone. He already has in mind what he wants and what he needs.”

As far as when Bell will be ready for action on the field, he called it a “wait and see” situation, but he’s confident he’ll be ready when it counts. For now, Bell is focused on getting a clean bill of health sooner rather than later.

“I just have to keep rehab going and keep progressing,” he said.

I hope he's back full strength by camp! :lol:

It was early in the season. He has extra time.

Played the first eight games and didn't go on I.R. until December, so at the most, he'd be nine months post-op on opening weekend.

Come on Gailey, Nix, & Whaley. How can you expect Bell to be your front runner at LT when he's coming off that kind of injury. What happened to the comment of the QB's always throwing on their back. You have to bring someone else in. How about Gaither? Please get the Bills a good starting left tackle. Thank you.

yeah - and did you know that pearl harbor was bombed? - old news - everyone knows this - everyone knows he will be ready by the start-to-middle of training camp

with that said i do agree with you on getting a left tackle this offseason if possible - but if they don't i really am sure it won't be because they did not try to

I've seen an awful lot of confidence being placed in Wang around here. I'm afraid these expectations are too far removed from reality. Everything I've read points to Wang being a developmental project, and if he's ever ready to start it won't be this year. Can someone please point me to why the #22 ranked tackle in this draft according to Nawrocki will be of any help this year, if ever?

I've seen an awful lot of confidence being placed in Wang around here. I'm afraid these expectations are too far removed from reality. Everything I've read points to Wang being a developmental project, and if he's ever ready to start it won't be this year. Can someone please point me to why the #22 ranked tackle in this draft according to Nawrocki will be of any help this year, if ever?

That's where you get your information profootballweekly, ha ha ha lol You are a very funny person. Next you'll be basing your Bills GM credentials on sleeping at a Holiday Inn

That's where you get your information profootballweekly, ha ha ha lol You are a very funny person. Next you'll be basing your Bills GM credentials on sleeping at a Holiday Inn

Sorry to interrupt your bashing of one of the board members. I'll make this quick.

What do you base your football information on? Watching game tape?

It's worth remembering that his surgery was arthroscopic, which greatly increases the chances for a quick recovery.

Allan Wilson said on Feb. 19th that there was some doubt that he would be ready to go at the start of training camp. Chris Brown, on the 23rd, said that his rehab was going well and Bell was confident he would be ready to go. Take this as you will.

[This is a recording] Jared Gaither is not actually going anywhere. It would not make sense for the Ravens to trade him. He will be in Baltimore for years. [This has been a recording.]

How about Gaither? How about a guy who doesn't have motivation issues and actually wants to play

Wang has played only two college seasons at LT. He is a developmental project and is highly unlikely to be ready to go this year.

[This is a recording] Jared Gaither is not actually going anywhere. It would not make sense for the Ravens to trade him. He will be in Baltimore for years. [This has been a recording.]

Sorry to interrupt your bashing of one of the board members. I'll make this quick.

What do you base your football information on? Watching game tape?

On these two quotes, maybe?

On Ed Wang

(BN) In the fifth round, he’s got redeeming qualities. He’s got size. He’s got intelligence and he’s got left tackle ability. (Good) Feet. He’s got balance. He can pass protect. The guy’s got a lot of things going for him. Obviously, there are some things he’ll have to get better on but he’s got the things to start with and now it’s up to us to develop those and get him to doing the things he’s deficient in and getting him to doing it better.

On whether or not Demetrius Bell will be the favorite to start at left tackle:

(CG) Well, right now he would have to be, because he started and played there until he got hurt. He had some problems of his own from time to time, he’s a work in progress as well and we understand that, we know that, but that’s part of our job to get these guys to continue to get better and increase their play and increase their productivity on the field, that’s part of it.

http://www.wgr550.com/Chan-Gailey-and-Budd...the-201/6883782

There you have it. Bell will be the favorite to start even though he's still a work in progress. Specifically uses the word "develop" about Ed Wang, which might possibly maybe lead you to think that he's still, I don't know, developing? In other words, a developmental project. And one who is even behind the developmental project that is Demetrius Bell.

Oh, those quotes are from Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey, you may have heard of them.

I get my draft info from Nolan Nawrocki, among others, for varied opinions. In case you didn't know, Nawrocki is pretty well respected since taking over for Joel Buchsbaum and has a proven track record.

But I believe I was asking for other credible scouting reports that would justify the unbdridled optimism for Wang. Since you didn't provide any and instead just attacked, I'll assume you haven't reviewed game tape and have nothing to offer on the matter.

And people wonder why it's so hard to have to sift through the drivel around here and engage in any meaningful football dialogue. :lol:

There you have it. Bell will be the favorite to start even though he's still a work in progress. Specifically uses the word "develop" about Ed Wang, which might possibly maybe lead you to think that he's still, I don't know, developing? In other words, a developmental project. And one who is even behind the developmental project that is Demetrius Bell.

Oh, those quotes are from Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey, you may have heard of them.

Nice use of sarcasm, but we were both saying the same thing - Wang is a developmental prospect, and should not be looked upon as providing any help next year, if ever. What was being asked was for some scouting reports or quotes if you prefer from those who thought Wang was some sort of savior and that he adequately addressed our glaring need at LT. Guess you missed that in your haste to denegrate. But thanks for the quotes supporting the original point being made.

After trading away Jason Peters last off season the entire world watched and waited for the Bills to draft a replacement or bring in someone in free agency, they didn't and the result was a disastrous season.

The entire world was watching and waiting again for the Bills to draft that LT in round one or two this year, they didn't. Right now the entire world knows Bell / Wang is not the answer at LT and they are still waiting to see how free agency goes.

If this new GM and coaching staff don't make any moves to upgrade the LT position, then they are no better then jauron and his staff of morons and will suffer their same fate.