I guess the Bills are not as High on Evans

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an impressive trait for us as we looked for big, fast receivers. [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I both believe in having [on] the outside the biggest guys you can get out there to play that position."

This Statement by Gailey pretty much says Evans is not their guy! Maybe he will be playing the slot

Good pick up! :flirt:

OK, your response made me laugh. Sorry 'bout that.

Don't be sorry. Making people laugh is what I do for a living.

As for your post, my height has nothing to do with it. And your claim that he hasn't done anything for Buffalo is retarded especially when you yourself admit in your next post he HAS won games for Buffalo.

So, to recap, you're wrong about Evans doing nothing for Buffalo in his career.

Thanks for playing.

If evans goes to the slot he needs to run routes over the middle...something he hasn't shown a willingness to do. :flirt:

I'm honestly asking now. When did Lee or someone actually a part of the organization say that he's unwilling to run over the middle?

Just because he hasn't done it extensively doesn't mean he is unwilling.

I have a magic rock that keeps tigers away. You don't see any tigers around here do you?

Most overpaid player on the team and what's worse it is not in position of need. Another big mistake by the previous FO.

Chan and Buddy must be shaking their heads, because they are stuck with little Lee and his big salary. Little Lee and his big salary.

Umm Chris Kelsay?

That was an impressive trait for us as we looked for big, fast receivers. [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I both believe in having [on] the outside the biggest guys you can get out there to play that position."

This Statement by Gailey pretty much says Evans is not their guy! Maybe he will be playing the slot

Once again, another post by a fan that only heard what he wanted to hear. :flirt:

You didn't listen to the whole quote on Nix and Gailey's philosophy of receivers. Yes...they do prefer bigger guys on the outside if at all possible. However, they mention that height is an ideal but there are exceptions to that. Evans may be 5'10 but he is unquestionably the most gifted receiver on the roster despite his height.

Next time listen to the whole quote before putting out your "expert opinion."

I'm honestly asking now. When did Lee or someone actually a part of the organization say that he's unwilling to run over the middle?

Just because he hasn't done it extensively doesn't mean he is unwilling.

I have a magic rock that keeps tigers away. You don't see any tigers around here do you?

Last season he was single every game and he still didn't have a breakout season! When has he broken a tackle? When has he taken a big time hit and still caught the ball? He earns 9 million per year, which is 8 million to much for what he gives the Bills

Once again, another post by a fan that only heard what he wanted to hear. :flirt:

You didn't listen to the whole quote on Nix and Gailey's philosophy of receivers. Yes...they do prefer bigger guys on the outside if at all possible. However, they mention that height is an ideal but there are exceptions to that. Evans may be 5'10 but he is unquestionably the most gifted receiver on the roster despite his height.

Next time listen to the whole quote before putting out your "expert opinion."

Sorry to insult your hero Lee Evans! What are you going to do when they cut his ass?

You need big guys out there -- end of story. For all the Evans lovers out there, what has he really done for Buffalo all these years? Yes, you can blame the QB, the OL, and the play-not-to-lose coaching over the years, but at the end of the day, Evans has not been a difference maker. If surrounded by more talent and coaches who could utilize him better, he could perhaps contribute more, but you just have got to have big guys out there.

Sure Evans might be guilty of coasting after signing his four-year, $37.25 million contract extension, but guys like Steve Smith and others rely on their speed and route running to make plays regardless of how tall they are. Yeah, bigger might be better in most cases, but don't sell this guy short - unless he continues to coast. :flirt:

My main disappointment with Lee is that not once, not once has he protected the QB for more than 2 seconds. Nor has he even thrown 1, not 1 TD to himself in 4 years. AND, to make matters worse. He has not called any plays to place himself in the middle of the field. I refuse to believe that the legendary Fairchild, AVP, Turk Butlick triumvirate's or Dick "the head" Jauron's mastery of offense is to blame. WWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you freaking serious. your probably one of he guys who said the bills didnt like williams also and said the bills would trade him or cut him,LOL..

well nix put that to rest the second day of the draft telling thw whole world what a great football player they thought williams was and how he and our new puppy NT were going to cause a lot of problems for opposing centers.

just because they wanted big receivers has nothing to do with how they feel about Evans.

with evans,roscoe and spiller in our 4 receiver sets i think they want the fourth receiver to be a big physical guy which johnson and the rookie are!

Don't be sorry. Making people laugh is what I do for a living.

As for your post, my height has nothing to do with it. And your claim that he hasn't done anything for Buffalo is retarded especially when you yourself admit in your next post he HAS won games for Buffalo.

So, to recap, you're wrong about Evans doing nothing for Buffalo in his career.

Thanks for playing.

Evans was invisible last year...his fault, someone else's fault...whatever - he did not earn his 10 million dollars for last year IMO...

This entire thread of posts has confused me. With our history of success, which is no success, who can point fingers anywhere? Our team is weak in many places, Lee Evans is not a weakness. If we are going to worry about his ability to play this critically than I guess we have no other worries on this team! What a waste of a discussion to give so much to this ridiculous topic. Anywhere we put Evans he should be effective. Yes, he makes 10 million dollars, but the way the NFL works is you do good and you show potential to get better than you get paid on the assumption you'll progress. Evans did that and now he's getting paid. Whether he has regressed or progressed is hard to say, but I would take him on my football team any day.

Just look at what Brandon Marshall was able to do with Kyle Orton last year. Lee Evans is a good but not great reciever. Great recievers put up numbers no matter who is throwing to him. You certainly can't argue he is one of the top 5 wr in the nfl, which he is paid. Again he is worth having but he is 1 dimensional and overpaid.

Where did you read this? Can you please post the entire article instead of the one line that somehow states they don't like Lee Evans. My guess is that they were discussing Marcus Easley because he is a big fast reciever.

This entire thread of posts has confused me. With our history of success, which is no success, who can point fingers anywhere? Our team is weak in many places, Lee Evans is not a weakness. If we are going to worry about his ability to play this critically than I guess we have no other worries on this team! What a waste of a discussion to give so much to this ridiculous topic. Anywhere we put Evans he should be effective. Yes, he makes 10 million dollars, but the way the NFL works is you do good and you show potential to get better than you get paid on the assumption you'll progress. Evans did that and now he's getting paid. Whether he has regressed or progressed is hard to say, but I would take him on my football team any day.

Evans could still be arguably the best offensive player on the Bills (not counting Spiller), but last year he was a disappointment. Sure, he has had a bad supporting cast, but go back and watch the film...he did not seem to come back to the ball or get open as much as you would like to see your 10 million dollar investment do. Maybe I am just mad because I had him on my fantasy team for a short time and he and every other Bill were worthless last year... :flirt: