Plenty of trade options available for agressive GM

Hopefully this team does not enter the season with glaring needs, when they could make a few deals to try to get better still.

Spend a few $$ and help the O-line while there are still good players out there. Add a TRUE #1 or #2 WR.

I wonder what it would take to get Jammal Brown from the Saints. He finally signed his tender last night. They already have his replacement as a starter, as well as a top draft choice Charles Brown as the back-up and future. If we could swing that trade, maybe even slightly overpaying, it would put a hugely different look on this roster, team and season.

Hopefully this team does not enter the season with glaring needs, when they could make a few deals to try to get better still.

Spend a few $$ and help the O-line while there are still good players out there. Add a TRUE #1 or #2 WR.

You want to get a "true #1 or #2 WR" without a true #1 QB?

Not sure about that one.

My general feeling about this offseason is that I was much more jealous of the teams with lots of draft picks than I was of the teams which made big free agent signings.

This is not a one-year rebuild.

Brown is coming off of hip problems and a sports hernia surgery. If he's cleared by our doctors I would be fine with a move for him though.

I know he missed last year but from what I have been reading he is healthy and running full speed and working out. He could have participated fully in the Saints OTAs but decided against it.

I wonder what it would take to get Jammal Brown from the Saints. He finally signed his tender last night. They already have his replacement as a starter, as well as a top draft choice Charles Brown as the back-up and future. If we could swing that trade, maybe even slightly overpaying, it would put a hugely different look on this roster, team and season.

How would you feel about signing Faneca and pushing Levitre outside? I am not trying to sell Levitre as a credible LT mind you, but he isn't Demetrious Bell. As for Faneca, he is declining but I saw him play a few games last year and he is still a crushing run blocker.

How would you feel about signing Faneca and pushing Levitre outside? I am not trying to sell Levitre as a credible LT mind you, but he isn't Demetrious Bell. As for Faneca, he is declining but I saw him play a few games last year and he is still a crushing run blocker.

That's more of a desperate stopgap that would probably retard Levitre's growth as a guard (as well as the interior line's as a whole). Faneca is definitely on a decline. That said, I wouldn't totally be against it, as Faneca may be able to help Wood and Hangartner and the young guys, especially Calloway. I actually think Calloway could play guard fairly soon. He's a really underrated player and draft choice, IMO.

Ultimately, the Faneca thing would make us a slightly better line this year, but is no answer. I'd much rather go the Jammal Brown idea, or even Flozell for a year or two.

The other thing is, I have no idea what the coaches actually think of Demetrius Bell, and his ability to start the season as our LT. I don't think he looks very good, but they may know better, and Gailey, IMO, is going to be able to disguise weaknesses far better than what we have seen.

That's more of a desperate stopgap that would probably retard Levitre's growth as a guard (as well as the interior line's as a whole). Faneca is definitely on a decline. That said, I wouldn't totally be against it, as Faneca may be able to help Wood and Hangartner and the young guys, especially Calloway. I actually think Calloway could play guard fairly soon. He's a really underrated player and draft choice, IMO.

Ultimately, the Faneca thing would make us a slightly better line this year, but is no answer. I'd much rather go the Jammal Brown idea, or even Flozell for a year or two.

The other thing is, I have no idea what the coaches actually think of Demetrius Bell, and his ability to start the season as our LT. I don't think he looks very good, but they may know better, and Gailey, IMO, is going to be able to disguise weaknesses far better than what we have seen.

They didn't reach for an OT in Rd. 1 and they didn't take an OT in Rd. 2. That should tell you what they think of him compared to what they could have drafted at least.

They didn't reach for an OT in Rd. 1 and they didn't take an OT in Rd. 2. That should tell you what they think of him compared to what they could have drafted at least.

I dont think it tells me or you or anyone that at all. I think all it means is there was not a stud available, nor was there a player at that position available who was nearly as highly rated overall as the player they took. They could have easily taken Spiller and Troup ( a huge need) all the while thinking that Bell is hideous.

I like the Jammal Brown idea. Of course, provided he's cleared to play. The Saints did the right thing and moved on with younger, healthier players. But, that doesn't necessarily mean Brown is washed up. For a team, like the Bills, in desparate need of a LT; he could prbably step in and be a noticeable improvement. That would give Bell and whomever else another year (at least) to develop.

I like that better than getting Faneca and moving Levitre. Just because... I don't like the idea of moving everyone on the line around each year. It seems that's been half our problem - every year they move guys all over the place in hopes someoen sticks somewhere.

So, yeah, it's nice Levitre can fill in as LT in a pinch. But, I'd much ratherr they just leave him and Wood where they are so we've at least got continuity in 2 of our spots.

Of course, that doesn't mean I wowuldn't mind seeing Faneca broght in. He could be a great back-up or injury starter.

I'm thinking we will see some more players acquired before camp starts. Hope that we can find a couple more solid journeymen out there who can help us now.

Excellent contribution. Whining without any proposals. You should work for the government.

What don't people understand about rebuilding, and particularly rebuilding through the draft?

We will have glaring holes this season, deal with it.

If you go in thinking we are going to be in the 10-6 neighborhood and sniffing playoffs this season you need to step away from the crack pipe or you are going to be sorely disappointed.