Round 4, Pick #107: WR Marcus Easley WR - UCONN

Tom

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty bad team? maybe you should look up some stats before thinking you know what you are talking about

Connecticut is a program on the rise the last few years and went 8-5 in the Big East this year

Yeah. Try watching some games before blindly looking up stats.

NFL.com's pick analysis:

Pick Analysis: The Bills bypass an opportunity to pick up an offensive tackle or quarterback to nab Marcus Easley. The athletic pass catcher from Connecticut flashes big-play ability, and has the potential to develop into a solid third- or fourth-receiver. With the Bills slated to run a spread offense, the addition of Easley gives them another weapon in the passing game.

slated to run the spread? I thought we'll be running the wishbone

:beer:

Someone please identify the great offensive tackles and QBs that they bypassed to take Easley. I don't see any

that are obviously better than an athlete like this guy.

And beat the SEC team South Carolina in the bowl game so Yeah they are a good program. Do you watch any football?

I watch about 8-12 games a week. I don't rely on the talking heads or the stats to give me my opinions. And SC was weak for most of the year last year. Outside of a couple of big wins that came from really poor play by their opponents.

The funny thing about the replies here are that I haven't even said that Easley was a "bad" pick. Just that I think it was strange given what was available. It's funny how people are so determined to jump up and defend anything the Bills do that someone can't even find a pick questionable without being jumped on.

I watch about 8-12 games a week. I don't rely on the talking heads or the stats to give me my opinions. And SC was weak for most of the year last year. Outside of a couple of big wins that came from really poor play by their opponents.

The funny thing about the replies here are that I haven't even said that Easley was a "bad" pick. Just that I think it was strange given what was available. It's funny how people are so determined to jump up and defend anything the Bills do that someone can't even find a pick questionable without being jumped on.

We needed a WR. I honestly don't know where Easley falls, but he is a huge WR with good speed. Something we don't have right now. We have a poor route runner as our best WR who is 5'8" and 160 pounds. The next best is about 5'6" and 140 punds after eating his Thansgiving Turkey dinner. I trust the scouts to decie what is best. We needed a Wr if Easley was the best receiver based on the type of WR we were looking for then great.

you said they were a pretty bad team when its clear you've never watched them play or have any clue about them

We needed a WR. I honestly don't know where Easley falls, but he is a huge WR with good speed. Something we don't have right now. We have a poor route runner as our best WR who is 5'8" and 160 pounds. The next best is about 5'6" and 140 punds after eating his Thansgiving Turkey dinner. I trust the scouts to decie what is best. We needed a Wr if Easley was the best receiver based on the type of WR we were looking for then great.

I agree that WR is a need and if they thought it was a big enough need to go there before a position like OLB, fine. But even if that pick had to be a WR, I think there were guys who showed better play on the field, and did it for more than one year.

And again, apparently Nix/Gailey see something in him that they like. Hopefully it works out, but that doesn't stop it from being an odd choice to me.

I have been scratching my head a lot through this draft because I have been foolishly listening to all of the draftniks around here for the last month. But watching all of this play out and doing a little research on the guys Buffalo has picked, I can see that they are definitely doing their homework. With the exception of this last pick, I can see every single player so far starting. I never really looked at it from that perspective before. All of these guys are highly likely to start because they are an upgrade to what we have. I have doubts about this WR, but if nothing else, this is going to put pressure on our existing WRs compete.

He's just a guy that was on a pretty bad team

thats what people have a problem with...blindly stating they are a bad team when its clear you dont have a clue about them and probably never even seen them play

I have been scratching my head a lot through this draft because I have been foolishly listening to all of the draftniks around here for the last month. But watching all of this play out and doing a little research on the guys Buffalo has picked, I can see that they are definitely doing their homework. With the exception of this last pick, I can see every single player so far starting. I never really looked at it from that perspective before. All of these guys are highly likely to start because they are an upgrade to what we have. I have doubts about this WR, but if nothing else, this is going to put pressure on our existing WRs compete.

I mostly agree. I have been surprised by every pick, but have also liked every one outside of this last pick. I said in another thread that I don't know hardly anything about Troupe, but from what I know he's talented enough that if the front office thinks he's the NT they want, cool.

Overall I like what they've done.