Round 4, Pick #107: WR Marcus Easley WR - UCONN

Tom

I wonder what this board would have been like when they announced "Andre Reed, Wide Receiver, Kutztown"?

:thumbsup:

Kutztown? Where is Kutztown? WTF is Polian doing. He promised a LT, QB, LB, etc... why is he drafting guys from D2 problems in Podunk, PA? That Polian guy needs to go, maybe someone like the crapping Pathers can use him. I'm done. <_<

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix, so far, has been true to his statement that there's no point in bringing in an OT unless he can help you right away (which I read to mean start this year). Maybe he really has convinced himself that the offense was 1 player away, and that player was Spiller.

Perhaps, he feels that if the player at a position of need is not the 'right' player then taking a player you don't feel will pan out is silly simply because you have a player that did not pan out?

What the point of drafting a player to 'not suck' when you can start drafting players that are good?

"Easley is a very raw talent who struggled on the bench for three years before bursting on the scene during his senior year at UConn. He has a rare combination of size and straight-line speed and can make acrobatic catches. The problem is Easley does not appear to trust his hands and will not only drop some catchable passes but tends to let the ball get into his body to trap it rather than reach out to pluck it. He is a bit of a strider and will need a lot of work on getting in and out of his breaks. The nice thing is that he has a good chance to see some action on special teams. He was a core special-teams performer at UConn during his first three years as he tried to earn a scholarship."

Sounds like a replacement for Sam Aiken, from that. :thumbsup:

We needed a tight end more than we needed a special teamer/4th wide receiver. Pitta and Hernandez were on the board, and I'd value them over Easley because they can start from day 1 and create mismatches in the middle of the field. Yes I know, my board isn't as sophisticated as Buddy's board... but this was a blown pick IMO. Hope I'm proven wrong.

A TE more than a receiver?! I disagree. I'll be surprised if they take a TE before their second pick in the sixth round and maybe not at all.

Faustus thinks he played on a pretty bad team though

apparently going 8-5 and winning a bowl game against an SEC team which is always regarded as the best conference in football means you are a pretty bad team

Dude; Let-it-go!! You don't need to repeat things multiple times. You made your statement, let it die.

Question for the Righteous Defenders of the Bills:

If every pick is such a home run, how many wins will we get next year?

As for Easley, he's very much a one-year wonder, which Nix says he doesn't like. Strikes me as strictly a special-teamer unless he really surprises. With that size and speed, if he could catch or run routes, he wouldn't be there in the 4th.

How many games will the Bills win next year because of this draft? Tell me how you could have drafted guys that would be more significant to winning this year than the guys the Bills took? I'm still going with 7 wins.

Nix's comment on one year wonders I think pertains much more to the first 3 rounds. At this point in the draft they should be looking for immediate ST help and guys with big upside. Easley is easily both.

He's just a guy that was on a pretty bad team

if he could catch or run routes, he wouldn't be there in the 4th.

its comments like these that amaze me, fans like these guys dont have a clue what they are talking about yet they complain about the picks being made...yeah that makes perfect sense

Maybe the Bills finally found a WR who can run routes over the middle!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

One can hope. Can you imagine a tall big WR actually running a crassing route and not getting aligator arms because some 5'10" FS is a giant compared to him.

Question for the Righteous Defenders of the Bills:

If every pick is such a home run, how many wins will we get next year?

I'm certainly no defender of the Bills but your entire line of thinking is wrong. The Bills will suck this season no matter how good or bad this draft is. New coaches, new systems, roster devoid of talent = suckitude. This draft is not about the 2010 season. Smart teams don't draft for the upcoming season, especially not rebuilding teams. This draft and all drafts should be about winning the Super Bowl three or four years down the line and that means getting as many explosive talents onto the roster as possible.

guys, we went from having april influence our bad front office too much having us draft tons of special teams only guys to ditching them and him, but we still need some studs on special teams. this kid day one can be that guy for us and has upside as a WR.

throw in cj on punts, mclovin' on kicks, and freddie sometimes and you've got us being able to produce like we used to (even have parish there too) while we added big play ability to O and some beef up on the line on D.

i wanna see what a line backing core of schoble, maybin, poz, and mitchell can do behind stroud troup and one of many guys we can put at the other end slot.

if we can force two extra punts a game this year that gives us some field position an with our stable of backs if we can wear some teams down we will win some more games.

its comments like these that amaze me, fans like these guys dont have a clue what they are talking about yet they complain about the picks being made...yeah that makes perfect sense

Minimize, Max!

You've stopped adding anything to the discussions and are warped into blasting other posters.

Calm the eff down! We're all fans of the team and are uber-interested in the new Regimes' plan unfolding.

I enjoy many of your posts, but you're out of control right now.

How many more times will you need to say that until you feel you've proven how much smarter you are?

One can hope. Can you imagine a tall big WR actually running a crassing route and not getting aligator arms because some 5'10" FS is a giant compared to him.

If he runs crass routes he should be chastised!! :thumbsup:

I'm certainly no defender of the Bills but your entire line of thinking is wrong. The Bills will suck this season no matter how good or bad this draft is. New coaches, new systems, roster devoid of talent = suckitude. This draft is not about the 2010 season. Smart teams don't draft for the upcoming season, especially not rebuilding teams. This draft and all drafts should be about winning the Super Bowl three or four years down the line and that means getting as many explosive talents onto the roster as possible.

Let's see if the Bills play to win or not to lose like they did with DJ. That would be a improvement. Less penalties, better game/time management and running the ball on 3 and inches instead of having TE get sacked would be nice too. :thumbsup:

He's just a guy that was on a pretty bad team that never really stood out. Apparently his combine performance had him looking pretty good, but he just didn't look all that great on the field.

I think there was some really good talent at other positions of need that could have been considered, but if they wanted a WR there were some guys that really showed more talent on the field available. There must be something Nix and/or Gailey like about Easley, I'm just no sure what it is. So for me, it's a strange pick.

And your credentials are; you live with your mom, read football magazines and watch a lot of football on tv

This is where scouts make their money. None of us have heard of him. It's nice to have the name recognition of your pick and have a little media hype behind the pick. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see with this guy.

Yeah, our scouts...they've been money the last few drafts :thumbsup:

"Easley is a very raw talent who struggled on the bench for three years before bursting on the scene during his senior year at UConn. He has a rare combination of size and straight-line speed and can make acrobatic catches. The problem is Easley does not appear to trust his hands and will not only drop some catchable passes but tends to let the ball get into his body to trap it rather than reach out to pluck it. He is a bit of a strider and will need a lot of work on getting in and out of his breaks. The nice thing is that he has a good chance to see some action on special teams. He was a core special-teams performer at UConn during his first three years as he tried to earn a scholarship."

Funny, ESPN said he is an extemely sure-handed WR in this draft...

pretty bad team? maybe you should look up some stats before thinking you know what you are talking about

Connecticut is a program on the rise the last few years and went 8-5 in the Big East this year

And that was w/ a transfer at QB, who lost time to injuries (replaced by a green sophomore).

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to my alma mater. I don't get the TV station many of their games are on. But from what I've heard locally, we got a decent receiver with size.

Hey, losing TO, we did need another WR. But, brass tacks are down now. I hope we hear OL and LB picks from here on. Perhaps a flier on a project QB.

And that was w/ a JUCO transfer at QB, who lost time to injuries (replaced by a green sophomore).

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to my alma mater. I don't get the TV station many of their games are on. But from what I've heard locally, we got a decent receiver with size.

Hey, losing TO, we did need another WR. But, brass tacks are down now. I hope we hear OL and LB picks from here on. Perhaps a flier on a project QB.

He was also a walk on who suppossidly is a very determined and hard working guy. He was one of the guys I predicted we would be looking at in the later rounds, but I was just looking at areas of need, no inside knowledge or anything. Also, if you look at the line talent and depth still available, I think I am starting to understand why the Bills feel they can wait to sign some guys. I wouldn't be surpirised to see them invite a handful of farily accomplished linemen in as free agents after the draft.

ESPN has STILL not announced the pick. We're at pick 112 and they're STILL talking about Bruce Campbell at 106. Their draft coverage is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Which is why I didn't watch them at all, screw paying for their draft news and the "insider".

NFL network had much better coverage

Anyway, the Bills had a need at WR,lets see what the kid can do