NFL Draft, Day 2 Discussion

Ball'n

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how good teams stay good, and bad teams stay bad. New Orleans takes Charles Brown because Brown's coming off an injury and Bushrod is so-so at best. Great pick by them. Bad job by many teams (us included) in passing on him in the late first or second.

This is how good teams stay good, and bad teams stay bad. New Orleans takes Charles Brown because Brown's coming off an injury and Bushrod is so-so at best. Great pick by them. Bad job by many teams (us included) in passing on him in the late first or second.

McGahee was coming off an injury

Yet we did in fact take a free ageent DE even though there were injury concerns this offseason

Yeah right. I have been watching football since 1964 and New Orleans has had a contending team for maybe 5 seasons in that entire time span. Now they pick Brown and we are screwed up?

Why don't you wait and see how Troup and Brown play before you judge.

At this point, it's getting to where I no longer want Bruce Campbell at all. If there's this much of a consensus that he's not a high pick despite having the best workout/measurements in OL combine history, then isn't he almost guaranteed to be a bust? I don't trust the Bills' front office alone, but I do trust the combined wisdom of all 32 front offices. Guys in the NFL always fall in love with the physical freaks and think they can "coach 'em up." So if the ultimate physical freak at LT is falling this far, it's pretty damning.

Whatever, I'll still be happy if they grab him. But I've drastically lowered my expectations. Anything positive that guy produces will be a pleasant surprise.

Yeah right. I have been watching football since 1964 and New Orleans has had a contending team for maybe 5 seasons in that entire time span. Now they pick Brown and we are screwed up?

Why don't you wait and see how Troup and Brown play before you judge.

Yeah, and the Saints stayed bad for so long by making dumb moves. Now they've got smart people running the show and making smart moves.

I'm mostly judging the Bills based on past performance right now. Troup might turn out to be an awesome pick, or a complete bust, or anywhere in between. I just know that in the NFL, QB is #1 and LT is #2, and the Bills have done zero at either position this offseason. And now we're getting to late enough in the draft that you can't expect much help even if they do start addressing either position.

I'm just not seeing much of a plan in terms of building a winner. Who is going to play QB? Who is going to play LT? We have nothing but bums at both positions right now. I'll change my tune when the Bills start winning.