Upon further review....I love the new draft format.

KD in CA

Agree?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new format better than the old?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Undecided

I think this new format is fantastic both from a fan perspective and for the teams.

The old way was basically a one day event (not much happens in rounds 4-7) and covering rounds 1-3 took way too long.

Now, by having an entire day after round one, it not only builds suspense for us, but it creates a huge opportunity for teams to analyze and make deals before the start of rounds 2-3.

I think this new format is fantastic both from a fan perspective and for the teams.

The old way was basically a one day event (not much happens in rounds 4-7) and covering rounds 1-3 took way too long.

Now, by having an entire day after round one, it not only builds suspense for us, but it creates a huge opportunity for teams to analyze and make deals before the start of rounds 2-3.

Agreed. I like the fact my weekend won't be wasted.

It's !@#$ing horrible. Draft weekend used to be for the die-hards, now it's this bull **** piecemeal primetime ****. I loved the old format. I didn't even have time to get drunk last night before it ended. If this is the new format, I'm done watching the draft. You suck Roger Goddell.

It's !@#$ing horrible. Draft weekend used to be for the die-hards, now it's this bull **** piecemeal primetime ****. I loved the old format. I didn't even have time to get drunk last night before it ended. If this is the new format, I'm done watching the draft. You suck Roger Goddell.

Whoa dude... step down off the ledge...

Whoa dude... step down off the ledge...

I'm not on a !@#$ing ledge, !@#$. But I'm sick of the NFL and all their new 'innovative' bull ****. The draft weekend was perfect, then they moved it to Saturday night/Sunday all day. Then the next year they moved it to this bull **** format. It sucks! They still play games all over the !@#$ing earth. We played a game in Mexico, we play a game every year in England, and then they float rumors about playing the Super Bowl in England? I've had enough of Roger Goddell and him doing every single thing he can just to squeeze the rock on ratings and exposure. The NFL is an enormously successful business, don't forget what got you there, Rog.

Keep this format, and I'm done with the draft. It's just not as fun. I'll read up about it when it's all over.

I love the format - if nothing else today is pretty fun! Lots of rumors and I bet they'll just continue to grow as the day gets closer to the kick off of round 2 later.

I also like that I don't have to stay inside all weekend to watch the draft - prime time I'm in front of a TV be it at home or at the Moose!

Yes, I agree. All you have to do is read this board to know how much interest there is.

The only downside (not really) was that I was up until after 2:00 devouring everything on tv and the internet.

I liked it also. I wish they'd couple the first 2 rounds though and have an earlier start time of like 6:00pm. Then put the 3rd and 4th together the following day. End it all with 5-7 on the last. It went bye alot quicker and we didn't have to listen to as much meaningless chatter. Thumbs up here. :huh:

I guess the difference is, the people that really love the draft don't consider it a "waste." I used to look forward to draft weekend. Thanks for ruining it for the sake of mildly better ratings, Rog. I'm sure people that weren't watching it before are just huddling around the television on Thursday and Friday nights, waiting for some team they don't follow to pick a guy they've never heard of. !@#$.

I'm not on a !@#$ing ledge, !@#$. But I'm sick of the NFL and all their new 'innovative' bull ****. The draft weekend was perfect, then they moved it to Saturday night/Sunday all day. Then the next year they moved it to this bull **** format. It sucks! They still play games all over the !@#$ing earth. We played a game in Mexico, we play a game every year in England, and then they float rumors about playing the Super Bowl in England? I've had enough of Roger Goddell and him doing every single thing he can just to squeeze the rock on ratings and exposure. The NFL is an enormously successful business, don't forget what got you there, Rog.

Keep this format, and I'm done with the draft. It's just not as fun. I'll read up about it when it's all over.

It's OK, they won't miss you at all.

I think the three day format is BS and is all about the NFL making more money. I do like the idea of giving teams time to work. Why not do 1-3 on Friday and 4-end on Saturday? You could even give more time on the clock so dram builds.

Start drinking earlier. (I didn't realize you had to be drunk to enjoy it)

At first I loathed it and swore it off...but the 1st round part was fine...I do NOT like the 6pm start time for Friday though...its even tough for a East Coaster who works late to get home in time...and for us West Coasters...forget it

Get used to it. It was a ratings success despite the fact it went up against of bunch of NBA and NHL playoff games.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/383221-...ratings-success

^^

This.

Personally, I enjoyed it very much and the new wrinkles it will spawn. I'm sure it's pretty revolutionary to the Teams' war-rooms as well.

I loved it! I'll take NFL in prime time over saturday morning every time. I had yesterday night circled on my calendar for a while, and it was awesome to see it all go down. Can't wait til tonight!!!