Bills roll out "Truth About Tebow"

scribo

hmmm....tried to get mcnabb, tried to get bradford, tried to get dan williams....and failed in every instance. Sure makes me hopeful!

which is shocking since you are usually so positive! What you call failure is, first of all, pure speculation, and secondly, I would guess happens with every single team in the NFL. Do you really think every team gets precisely who they were targeting in the draft, free agency, etc? Listen, everyone is entitled to feel differently about similar sets of circumstances. If you want to always be the glass half empty guy, so be it. I will choose to be optimistic for the new regime until and unless they prove otherwise.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want Tebow to begin with so whatever. What is really bugging me are the outright lies. Someone is lying somewhere. It has gone beyond rumors to the point where people (Schefter seems to be the one doing it) are reporting things as fact. Last night it was reported that the Bills were desperate to trade up for Tebow and were very disappointed they couldn't. Nix says that wasn't the case. I like hearing rumors as much as anyone but things being reported as fact that are not true at all really pisses me off. Today I hear the Bills called the Rams about the 33rd pick to take Clausen. Wild, untrue lie or fact? Nobody knows. Bunch of crap. If they want to trade up for the 33rd then just frickin do it and take whomever you are going take. If not, then don't. I don't want to listen to 4 more hours of lies. "Joe Blow told someone somewhere that someone called someone about someone" That's the kind of nonsense being reported as factual information these days. Arrrgh!

hmmm....tried to get mcnabb, tried to get bradford, tried to get dan williams....and failed in every instance. Sure makes me hopeful!

Yeah, I'd have been much happier if he had tried to get Dan Williams and succeeded by giving up our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th picks. I'm betting that offer would have succeeded.

The story isn't that he failed. It's just that he offered what he felt the guy was worth and the offers were refused and he wasn't willing to pay more than he felt they were worth.

Didn't want Tebow to begin with so whatever. What is really bugging me are the outright lies. Someone is lying somewhere. It has gone beyond rumors to the point where people (Schefter seems to be the one doing it) are reporting things as fact. Last night it was reported that the Bills were desperate to trade up for Tebow and were very disappointed they couldn't. Nix says that wasn't the case. I like hearing rumors as much as anyone but things being reported as fact that are not true at all really pisses me off. Today I hear the Bills called the Rams about the 33rd pick to take Clausen. Wild, untrue lie or fact? Nobody knows. Bunch of crap. If they want to trade up for the 33rd then just frickin do it and take whomever you are going take. If not, then don't. I don't want to listen to 4 more hours of lies. "Joe Blow told someone somewhere that someone called someone about someone" That's the kind of nonsense being reported as factual information these days. Arrrgh!

Relax bro. It's called poker. Teams want to get misinformation out. Just let it play out.

Yeah, it annoying, but I don't think that it was reported that the call to the Rams about 33 was about Clausen specifically, was it? It only said that Clausen and McCoy are "in play," as in available.

Yeah, I'd have been much happier if he had tried to get Dan Williams and succeeded by giving up our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th picks. I'm betting that offer would have succeeded.

The story isn't that he failed. It's just that he offered what he felt the guy was worth and the offers were refused and he wasn't willing to pay more than he felt they were worth.

I'm just saying that sooner or later you gotta get some of the players you are trying to get....I'm seeing a lot of talk of labor pains and ain't seen any babies lately. Others seem to be getting at least some ofthe players they are going after.

He also said they had some calls to trade down. But no strong interest...don't know if he meant the other teams weren't that interested to move up or that the Bills were not that interested to move down. I would guess the latter. Or else why would the Bills send the pick up to the podium so quickly?

Keep in mind, that picks 1-10 are not strongly desired while picks after 11 are highly desired.

Tebow is a 1-2 year project at QB and the Bills didn't want him, I'm hearing they don't want Clausen or McCoy in the second either.

They will select a QB in the 4-5th round from what I've heard on the NFL network.

They got a bit time play maker in Spiller, the team needed that.

don't forget Shanahan and Cowher

and Tim Tebow

little too much of denial having Ralph go ballistic for there to be nothing to it

which is shocking since you are usually so positive! What you call failure is, first of all, pure speculation, and secondly, I would guess happens with every single team in the NFL. Do you really think every team gets precisely who they were targeting in the draft, free agency, etc? Listen, everyone is entitled to feel differently about similar sets of circumstances. If you want to always be the glass half empty guy, so be it. I will choose to be optimistic for the new regime until and unless they prove otherwise.

Detroit does.