Bills roll out "Truth About Tebow"

scribo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to move up..hmmm. The more I hear of Buddy, the more I like him. A very straight shooter with no other agenda other than to make the Bills a winner again. Pass the kool-aid. I love the Spiller pick and can't wait to see the rest of the draft.

I like Buddy too. I think they were going for Williams and that Cody will be the Rd 2 pick if he is still on the board.

I'm not sure if when Buddy said "but he was gone" if that meant Tebow or the player that they wanted? If he means Tebow I bet they were trying to get in front of Indy to take one of the LT prospects.

I took it that he meant the Player they wanted was gone... :huh:

What a refreshing amount of non-BS to come from a GM.

He may be blowing smoke up out asses but at least he didn't break out the old "he was the exact player we wanted and targeted from the day I became GM blah blah blah..."

He basically acknowledged the Bills would listen to any offers, and who they take/took depends on how the board falls. I don't know jack about running a draft but that sounds like a very reasonable strategy to me.

I'm not sold on Nix/Chan but he seems like a straight shooter.

RTB

Did ya even watch the draft.... Dan Williams went 26 to Cards, Dez went 24 to cowboys, Bulaga went 23 to Pack.

It could have been Rolando McClain at 8, or Okung at 6, or Trent Williams at 4. I'm guessing Okung.

Did ya even watch the draft.... Dan Williams went 26 to Cards, Dez went 24 to cowboys, Bulaga went 23 to Pack.

It could have been Rolando McClain at 8, or Okung at 6, or Trent Williams at 4. I'm guessing Okung.

Not sure who you're replying to, or how you think trading to climb back into the bottom of the round would net a top-10 player who was already long off the board.

Did you watch the video? He never said if moving up meant from the 9th spot or back into the first round later so both theories could be valid.

Did you watch the video? He never said if moving up meant from the 9th spot or back into the first round later so both theories could be valid.

He said he had the chance to move up 1 spot, but at that point the guy they wanted was gone. So it would have to be within the first 7 taken

I did watch the video. Nix said they could have moved up ONE spot. He basically tells us who the trade partner would have been.

He also said they had some calls to trade down. But no strong interest...don't know if he meant the other teams weren't that interested to move up or that the Bills were not that interested to move down. I would guess the latter. Or else why would the Bills send the pick up to the podium so quickly?

He said he had the chance to move up 1 spot, but at that point the guy they wanted was gone. So it would have to be within the first 7 taken

And now we're disregarding all the reports that the Bills were trying to move back into the first round. Nix hiimself said that they did try when he was specifically asked by Chris Brown (on the Tebow question).

IMO, the Bills tried moving up (for Okung or T. Williams) and couldn't...and later tried to move up (for D. Thomas or D. Williams) and couldn't.

Lotta trades this year. Nix suggested that the 2nd round might be just as crazy.

I did watch the video. Nix said they could have moved up ONE spot. He basically tells us who the trade partner would have been.

He also said they had some calls to trade down. But no strong interest...don't know if he meant the other teams weren't that interested to move up or that the Bills were not that interested to move down. I would guess the latter. Or else why would the Bills send the pick up to the podium so quickly?

And now we're disregarding all the reports that the Bills were trying to move back into the first round. Nix hiimself said that they did try when he was specifically asked by Chris Brown (on the Tebow question).

IMO, the Bills tried moving up (for Okung or T. Williams) and couldn't...and later tried to move up (for D. Thomas or D. Williams) and couldn't.

Lotta trades this year. Nix suggested that the 2nd round might be just as crazy.

Not sure why you replied to me as if I got it wrong and then in your very next post agree with what I said. To be clear, Nix first mentioned moving up very generically which COULD have meant moving back into the first round. Later in the interview he made the "one spot" comment. Those could have been two very distinct opportunities to move up, and probably were.

Not sure why you replied to me as if I got it wrong and then in your very next post agree with what I said. To be clear, Nix first mentioned moving up very generically which COULD have meant moving back into the first round. Later in the interview he made the "one spot" comment. Those could have been two very distinct opportunities to move up, and probably were.

Sorry if I was not clear. I was agreeing with you.

Tried to move up..hmmm. The more I hear of Buddy, the more I like him. A very straight shooter with no other agenda other than to make the Bills a winner again. Pass the kool-aid. I love the Spiller pick and can't wait to see the rest of the draft.

hmmm....tried to get mcnabb, tried to get bradford, tried to get dan williams....and failed in every instance. Sure makes me hopeful!