To all You Tebow Haters!

He is going to be an outstanding NFL QB. Clausen sucks, McCoy is medicore at best. Everyone else in the draft is a joke. Campbell from Washington is garbage also. So you can look forward to another year of Trent Edwards and another decade of 7-9 football. :unsure:

you're an idiot

He is going to be an outstanding NFL QB. Clausen sucks, McCoy is medicore at best. Everyone else in the draft is a joke. Campbell from Washington is garbage also. So you can look forward to another year of Trent Edwards and another decade of 7-9 football. :censored:

Do you really believe that Tebow would be a starter? :unsure:

He is going to be an outstanding NFL QB. Clausen sucks, McCoy is medicore at best. Everyone else in the draft is a joke. Campbell from Washington is garbage also. So you can look forward to another year of Trent Edwards and another decade of 7-9 football. :unsure:

Why do you give a **** at this point? Good for Tebow, he was a first round pick. It's not like the Bills slighted him by not drafting him #9 overall.

Gotta agree with Prisco on this one....Idiotic move by McDaniels....He saved the Bills butt on this one. :unsure:

i DO agree it was a stupid move by the Broncos considering they have 2 young QBs. No team that has 2 decent players at a position should pick a 3rd when they have so many other needs.

Sounds like you have a man-crush on St. Timbo. From my chair, Denver's FO is going crackerdogs!

i DO agree it was a stupid move by the Broncos considering they have 2 young QBs. No team that has 2 decent players at a position should pick a 3rd when they have so many other needs.

Would you have been ok with the Bills taking Tebow over Spiller at 9?

Ummm, hold on, that could be the Bills your talking about..........

The major difference is that Denver paid a very heavy price for a real REACH in Tebow and the Bills did not with the BPA.

Spiller will make an immediate contribution this season and Tebow may never.

I know Tebow's a leader and a winner,but there are SERIOUS doubts about whether this guy can be an effective NFL QB. Have you watched any of his college career???? The offense he ran at Florida in no way resembles an NFL offense,and the guy has mechanical flaws in his throwing motion that may make him totally ineffective in the NFL. He's FAR from a sure thing.

Would you have been ok with the Bills taking Tebow over Spiller at 9?

ive said that before in discussions about the draft. but after it's said and done, i do like the spiller pick. and i DO think the Broncos made a ridiculous pick. but not because i think Tebow sucks. i just think that Spiller is more of a sure thing, RB is obviously easier to come in and make an immediate impact. Tebow is a project that I think will succeed, but in time. The Bills are in a situation where they need to add a top talent right away. especially when you are picking at 9 vs 25.

to answer your question, i may have been "OK" with it. but i probably wouldnt have given the Spiller alternative much thought then.

I guess you are right and most talent evaluators are wrong

Ummm, hold on, that could be the Bills your talking about..........

The major difference there is that you have 3 or 4 plays to get 10 yards. One QB is designated to take all of these snaps. However, you can go change of pace with your backs and play three of them in one set of downs. If I am a Broncos fan, I am wondering why they bothered going in the direction of Tebow when they have Orton and Brady, both relatively young QB's with upsides themselves.

Jackson

Lynch

Spiller

oh my!!!

no kidding, my first post was just a setup to the Bills comparison. glad you guys got it.

but we do need a playmaker and Spiller is a much more sure thing. big difference between picking at 9 and picking at 25 too. see my last post in the thread.

I guess you are right and most talent evaluators are wrong

not most, just a bunch of talking head "experts" that arent even good enough to get a real job in the NFL.

the PROFESSIONALS picked him as a first round talent. so much so that two teams were fighting for him. and everyone on the ESPN panel who has played or coached as a PROFESSIONAL, agrees. the only one who didnt like it was Kiper, who had him in the 3rd round.

guess what? KIPER was wrong.

not most, just a bunch of talking head "experts" that arent even good enough to get a real job in the NFL.

the PROFESSIONALS picked him as a first round talent. so much so that two teams were fighting for him. and everyone on the ESPN panel who has played or coached as a PROFESSIONAL, agrees. the only one who didnt like it was Kiper, who had him in the 3rd round.

guess what? KIPER was wrong.

That has yet to be proven. One thing that is proven is that no athlete in any draft that I can remember has been as polarizing.

That has yet to be proven. One thing that is proven is that no athlete in any draft that I can remember has been as polarizing.

what has yet to be proven? im not arguing that he is DEFINITELY going to be a hall of famer. we were talking about evaluating the value of someone's talent. obviously, those evaluators that actually matter rated him as first round talent.

that is all we know now. but at least we know something. all of the opinions previous to the draft dont matter. he was picked in the first.

whether he can live up to it is another story. but that is the case for every player picked in the first round.

what has yet to be proven? im not arguing that he is DEFINITELY going to be a hall of famer. we were talking about evaluating the value of someone's talent. obviously, those evaluators that actually matter rated him as first round talent.

that is all we know now. but at least we know something. all of the opinions previous to the draft dont matter. he was picked in the first.

whether he can live up to it is another story. but that is the case for every player picked in the first round.

What has yet to be proven is that he is a first round talent. Ryan Leaf was picked first overall, but I wouldn't consider him a first round talent. First round pick, but UDFA talent. Kiper was wrong in saying he would get picked in the third, but he may have been right stating that he was most worth the risk in the third round.

What has yet to be proven is that he is a first round talent. Ryan Leaf was picked first overall, but I wouldn't consider him a first round talent. First round pick, but UDFA talent. Kiper was wrong in saying he would get picked in the third, but he may have been right stating that he was most worth the risk in the third round.

right, he needs to prove himself, just like every other draft pick.

we're all just guessing at this point. except the evaluators (guessers) whose opinions matter, happen to agree that Tebow should be a first round talent. it doesnt mean anything really, except that the professionals have a much higher opinion of him than the talking heads. the problem is that people take the opinions (guesses) of the talking heads to be gospel, instead of just letting it all play out.

it's like having a strong opinion of what the weather is going to be like next week. you can agree with some people you saw talking about weather. while the weathermen with all the fancy equipment agree with us. maybe we'll all be wrong. but you cant say for sure the kid ISNT a first round talent.