Eagles want to trade "way up"

Yes I would move down and we need to aquire more picks.

I WOULD NOT DRAFT CODY, he has attitude problems and weight management issues.

I WOULD NOT DRAFT TEBOW, because hes not a 1st RD value and NOT A GOOD QB

I would draft DT -Price from UCLA, and then get a OT and WR in the 2nd RD

Well move up from R2 into 1st to draft Tebow or move down and pick him? I'd take the later.

I agree, moving back with compensation is a more appealing scenario than trading away needed draft picks. I love the idea that we could pick up a few more draft picks this year. The Bills have so many holes to fill and this draft is perceived to be deep with talent, seems like the right move, although not splashy.

Why draft a 43 UT? Don't think he has the skill set to be a 34 end.

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/football/10...rence-cody.html

care to elaborate on the attitude problems? ive never heard of those. from what ive heard is that hes a great kid with a hard upbringing. that if he fails it wont be from lack of effort or not caring.

I think a more likely trade would be with the Giants so they can get McClain. They released their starting inside linebacker, and there really isn't anyone else at ILB.

However, it all depends on what the Eagles are willing to give up. What about a starting Left Tackle?

This has been done to death, but Philly isn't trading up to get Berry unless he falls to us or later. And he won't. They might trade up for Earl Thomas, but they won't have to go higher than Miami to do it. The Giants realize the depth at ILB in the draft and won't reach to trade the farm for McClain.

I think a more likely trade would be with the Giants so they can get McClain. They released their starting inside linebacker, and there really isn't anyone else at ILB.

However, it all depends on what the Eagles are willing to give up. What about a starting Left Tackle?

Coughlin is too smart to let that happen.

I'm all for taking Philly's #24, #37 and #121, still getting a Jimmy Clausen, Tim Tebow, or Charles Brown.

For us the trade up/trade down situation might gel right after the seventh pick. Blue chippers who might be there and be more attractive to someone other than the Bills might be Eric Berry/Clausen. If Trent Williams or Dan Williams are there I don't think we will trade down, but if they are gone and we don't see an OT we like, it might be a good idea.

draft value chart says:

bills #9 = 1,350

phil #24 = 740

difference = 610

phil #37 = 530

so to give up the 9th overall, the bills would get philly's 1st(#24), 2nd (#37) and a 4th.

i would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I agree. Even the fourth round pick would be nice. But the 24th, 37th, and 41st all sound really sweet. We could address a lot of needs and still do BPA once.

draft value chart says:

bills #9 = 1,350

phil #24 = 740

difference = 610

phil #37 = 530

so to give up the 9th overall, the bills would get philly's 1st(#24), 2nd (#37) and a 4th.

I would too. We could go a long way toward solidifying the offensive and defensive lines with those picks.

If we move to 24 im sorry but hello Tebow, and i hate it

There is no way a rookie G.M. banks his first draft AND his future on a QB like Tebow.

Not a chance IMO.

:rolleyes:

draft value chart says:

bills #9 = 1,350

phil #24 = 740

difference = 610

phil #37 = 530

I would probably do it too...however depending upon who the Eagles are targeting, our pick at #9 may be more expensive and higher than they need, to pick their guy.

Also, I like a trade down in principal but 24 is (at least psychologically speaking) starting to get fairly far away as far as getting someone who is a solid, "can't miss" pick (keeping in mind that there's really no such thing).

Here are the players taken at and after #24 last year:

24 Peria Jerry

25 Vontae Davis

26 Clay Matthews

27 Donald Brown

28 Eric Wood

29 Hakeem Nicks

30 Kenny Britt

31 Chris Wells

32 Evander Hood

Tim is reporting the Eagles may be trying to work a deal with the stinkin' fish to move up to #12

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...phins-12th-pick

I've read several reports that the Dolphins want Dan Williams but think that #12 is too high to draft him.

It's not reassuring to read that when many believe the Bills will take Dan Williams at #9.

I've read several reports that the Dolphins want Dan Williams but think that #12 is too high to draft him.

It's not reassuring to read that when many believe the Bills will take Dan Williams at #9.

But what are the chances he's available at #24?

FWIW, from ESPN Insider:

Trading partners for No. 12 pick (talking about the Dolphins, of course, but the same logic still applies here)

* 18. Pittsburgh Steelers: If Jimmy Clausen falls to No. 12, it might be too much to pass up.

* 20. Houston Texans: Might want to move up to grab Joe Haden if he's still there.

* 22. New England Patriots: This is based largely upon their cache of picks (including three second-rounders). Any other season, an intra-division trade wouldn't happen. This year? All bets are off.

* 23. Green Bay Packers: Mentioned by ESPN Insider Adam Schefter as a team looking to move up.

* 24. Philadelphia Eagles: They want to grab one of the elite safeties, and have lots of trade ammo, including two second-rounders.

* 27. Dallas Cowboys: Do the 'Boys need to move up this badly? Probably not, but we're still waiting for Jerry Jones to make his first offseason splash.

* 28. San Diego Chargers: This depends on how badly they feel that they want Dan Williams and/or C.J. Spiller.