Mike Lombardi: Bills will take a QB in Rd. 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-...ts-at-No-4.html

6. Someone high ranking in the NFL told me Buffalo will have a quarterback before the first round is over tomorrow. Not sure who it will be but, the Bills will have one.

I don't like that unless it involves Clausen dropping to us... last thing I want is for Buffalo to reach for someone (Tebow in at 9) or look at what Matt Mcguire predicts...Tebow in the 1st! NOOO because it means trading our 2nd and 3rd to Dallas for #27... we do get Dan Williams at #9... but what about OFFENSIVE TACKLE!

Matt Mcguire's April 22nd Mock

Read Lombardi's post again...it states we will have a new QB by the end of round 1, not that we will select a QB in round 1. To me, this may be an indicator of a trade for Jason Campbell or something in that vein.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Just stated on NFL Network:

(talking about Clausen slipping) From a very reliable source in Buffalo, Buffalo will not leave tonight without a QB. And they will not take one at #9.

The discussion was how far will Clausen fall if he's not picked in the top 10. Casserly said he see's a late 1st round run. Lombardi then agreed and and gave the above tidbit, and suggested that the late 1st round run would probably be 2nd rounders trading up.

This would make me physically ill.

Nope. Next year's 1st rounder might very well be a top-5 pick...waaaay too steep.

Sounds like a Bills move for sure to go up in the 20s for a guy projected to go in the 30s or 40s.

That would really suck for my family because then we'd need a new TV.

Again.

I think this would just about guarantee the Second Coming of J.P. Losman.....

Good stuff here.

Read Lombardi's post again...it states we will have a new QB by the end of round 1, not that we will select a QB in round 1. To me, this may be an indicator of a trade for Jason Campbell or something in that vein.

No thanks, we already have a roster full of poor decision QBs. Picking up a retread QB is like saying you are not capable of developing or picking one yourself. Drew Brees doesn't count, and neither does Steve Young.

Campbell may honestly be better than any of the guys currently on the team, and I'll give anyone on here that arguement, but I sure as hell don't want to give anything away in the draft for a stop-gap QB.

Pass.

Just stated on NFL Network:

(talking about Clausen slipping) From a very reliable source in Buffalo, Buffalo will not leave tonight without a QB. And they will not take one at #9.

The discussion was how far will Clausen fall if he's not picked in the top 10. Casserly said he see's a late 1st round run. Lombardi then agreed and and gave the above tidbit, and suggested that the late 1st round run would probably be 2nd rounders trading up.

Exactly what i heard also.So to sum up Bills will have a qb before the end of the first round but will not use 9th pick to acquire/draft qb.Sounds like trading back into bottom of 1st for Tebone

Exactly what i heard also.So to sum up Bills will have a qb before the end of the first round but will not use 9th pick to acquire/draft qb.Sounds like trading back into bottom of 1st for Tebone

I agree. It's much more likely that we trade down in the first round and grab one of the QBs than trade up from the second round. We need bodies. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down a couple times to stockpile several more picks in the top 3 rounds.

If this is true, I think it is going to be Clausen. Though given that Bradford is clearly not a given to St. Louis, I would love for it to be him. But if Sam isn't feeling good about St. Louis, I can't imagine he would feel better about Buffalo.

If Gailey and Nix have ultimate say, I can't see Tebow coming to the Bills. However, if RW has his say and demands a marketable player...you never know. Plus, Kelly has a lot of influence... for better or worse... and Kelly loved him.

I could see McCoy happening before Tebow. A lot of people make comparisons to him and Brees (I don't see it, but whatever). McCoy apparently knows football and can read coverages better than any of the other guys. He has a long track record of collegiate success which is a plus to Nix. Though, I don't think he is worth a 1st rounder.

I think the Bills are going to be very active over the next two days. And I'm excited to see what happens. No matter what happens, I think we will wake up Saturday morning with a starting LT and a rookie QB. I have faith.

...I cant believe it, but the Bills could realistically end up with Spiller and Tebow. That is one wacky, piss-poor blocking offense.

I am hoping it's Clausen at #9. I guess I also would be OK with trading up 10 spots or so to grab Tebow at the very end of the 1st.

:D

I don't mind Tebow as well as long as they don't get him with the 9th pick. If they do, this kid seriously better be the next Jim Kelly or better.

Would like to add that they should trade New Orleans for their O-Lineman.

Give up next year's 1st and this year's 4th, trade back into the 20s and take Colt McCoy.

Um, in case this is your first draft season, you do not give up picks when you trade down, you GAIN picks. And with a #9 flipping with a pick in the 20s, you should be able to pick up at least a 2nd round pick THIS YEAR, and maybe another one for next year if your trading partner is desperate enough to move up to 9.

That's exactly wat they're suggesting... the Bills have done alot of homework, review and scouting on Tebow, don't be surprised if they move back up o take him.

Not sure I like it at all. But, there's alot of Buffalo talk right now on NFLN about them moving up to get a QB.

Um, in case this is your first draft season, you do not give up picks when you trade down, you GAIN picks. And with a #9 flipping with a pick in the 20s, you should be able to pick up at least a 2nd round pick THIS YEAR, and maybe another one for next year if your trading partner is desperate enough to move up to 9.

First off, I wasn't suggesting trading down - I was suggesting that they'd trade back into Round 1, but do it in a way that doesn't cost them this year's #2. And second, I should've clarified my post - I was predicting, not hoping.