Nix denies talking to Pitt about Ben...

boyst

I would love to pull the background reports on the players on the current roster. I bet there is more there than you'd believe.

Lets name some, shall we? The rest of you, feel free to chime in, too!

Bruce Smith - DUI several times

Ko Simpson - He's Ko Simpson...B!tch.

Daunte Whitner - Cleveland

Lynch - running over a woman and having a gun

Any I forgot?

Taking pride in a football team is just that! I am a die hard fan, but when I go to sleep at night I know this is just a sports franchise who's players I have and sometimes will continue to praise highly. This is a team, a business, who only cares about our bottom dollar and I only care about the entertainment provided. I am not perfect and I am not going to judge anyone else, especially on a sports team I love to be perfect.

its true, people have messed up. getting drunk and saying im ko simpson im worth millions, not the same as possible serial rapist. i think you see a lot of people that want marshawn gone for what hes done. when you talk about wearing a hat, jersey, going to games, people associate that with more then wins and losses.

most football fans grow up watching with dad, share it with their own children, friends etc... a team becomes a value, not just a representation of how much you like to win but also becomes what kind of person you think you want to represent to the rest of the world. i take pride not just in watching lee evans outrun a db because hes faster, but because he is a class act. i can tell a friend im a fan and he doesnt look at me like im supporting rape. winning is good, winning with class is great...

not to mention that i dont see pitt winning the sb with a franchise qb suspended 6 games this year. could prove me wrong but i think that its going to be a bit of a disadvantage for them to play through. just going out on a limb there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to pull the background reports on the players on the current roster. I bet there is more there than you'd believe.

I'm sure your correct that all you named aren't choir boys. But like the majority of Pittsburgh fans who value the "image" of the team over any player, I feel the same way about the Bills.

The BR situation is unique in this way, he is probably the highest profile/most talented NFL player ever to be accused of rape (or anything of such a serious nature) in history. I don't want to see the "Rapelisberger" name on the back of Bills jerseys. That's not meant to be the typical "Rapelisberger" crack you see all the time either. I guarantee you that is what you'll will see Browns, Bengals and Ravens fans wearing when they play the Steelers if BR is still with the team.

So while a number of current and former Bills might have their issues, they dont keep the news cycle churning in a negative fashion 24/7 for two straight months the way BR has in Pittsburgh for the past 2 months. That's why I say pass on him.

probably cuz they know big ben is a scumbag and why , when your rebuilding a franchise , would you want to bring in a qb with so much negativity and bad publicity surrounding him when you might be able to secure a franchise qb tomorrow?

because he's a proven QB in the NFL with TWO SB Rings and is only 28. History has shown us WINNING cures PR problems.

Again, he was not convicted! You people must love the freedom of speech but forget innocent until proven guilty.

As far as him coming in to Buffalo? It'd be great for him to come and hide in our small market while enjoying the pasion we have for football embraces him. Buffalo would be a great place for Ben who got lucky to end up in Pitt while thriving on some good teams.

"Innocent until proven guilty" does not preclude a fan from having an opinion about a guy. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find far-reaching passion for a guy with this type of baggage. Let him be creepy in a big market.

ESPN LinkAccording to the runmors Pittsburgh has contacted teams about Ben, including the Bills. Why would we not listen to these offers?

From where we are we have no reason not to listen to what they may want. Asking for a 1st may be high, but we do not even know what they want! I would gladly give away a second round pick for him, issues or not. We aren't going to win it all next year and he is still young! Why not just simply see what they are asking!!!!

This guy has issues & thats not something that respectable teams deal with WHY DO YOU THINK THE STEELERS ARE SHOPPING HIM ?? BECAUSE THEY ARE A RESPECTABLE TEAM WITH A RESPECTABLE OWNER !! WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS OF OUR OWN . :thumbsup: You should have heard what Scott Vanpelt & his side kick were saying about Marshawn today on the show & you want to throw this guy in the mix ??????

Again, he was not convicted! You people must love the freedom of speech but forget innocent until proven guilty.

As far as him coming in to Buffalo? It'd be great for him to come and hide in our small market while enjoying the pasion we have for football embraces him. Buffalo would be a great place for Ben who got lucky to end up in Pitt while thriving on some good teams.

I'm not on a jury, so I'm free to reach my own conclusions to whatever standard I see fit to decide whether he's a person worth cheering for or not. I'm not going to throw him in jail but I don't have an obligation to pretend like having him on the Bills would make me happy.

If you honestly believe he didn't do anything, then fair enough, although I disagree. But don't hide behind "innocent until proven guilty" because that's only the standard for a criminal prosecution.

You must not understand the difference between a court of criminal law and the real world. He took his 6 game suspension without a word because he knows he's guilty. Tell ya what, we'll get Big Ben and when he gets to town he can take your daughter or girl friend out for drinks and maybe walk her to the bathroom, Sound good to you?

You must not understand the difference between a court of criminal law and the real world. He took his 6 game suspension without a word because he knows he's guilty. Tell ya what, we'll get Big Ben and when he gets to town he can take your daughter or girl friend out for drinks and maybe walk her to the bathroom, Sound good to you?

The real world? The real world is unfair, BS, full of people who just want to be victims, and just a rough place.

He took the suspension without a word? It just came down today! His PR person and lawyer will be the mouthpieces of action. Plus, the Union, which has totally tucked tail in recent years, is who needs to fight the action. As part of any Union that's just how things work. Believe me, I am anti-Union, but I have worked in enough to know how they work. I am sure Ben has been out with dozens, if not hundreds, of women. How many of them have complained about him? I was not in the bathroom stall, I do not know what has happened. I would not have a problem if he took out any of my friends. He could not take out my girlfriend, she would never go because she is in a relationship with me.

Go back to watching Nancy Grace and while you are at it, go write a letter to Duke about how the Lacrosse team was out of control for raping that woman! You'll get bonus points too, she is not only a woman, but a minority.

The real world? The real world is unfair, BS, full of people who just want to be victims, and just a rough place.

He took the suspension without a word? It just came down today! His PR person and lawyer will be the mouthpieces of action. Plus, the Union, which has totally tucked tail in recent years, is who needs to fight the action. As part of any Union that's just how things work. Believe me, I am anti-Union, but I have worked in enough to know how they work. I am sure Ben has been out with dozens, if not hundreds, of women. How many of them have complained about him? I was not in the bathroom stall, I do not know what has happened. I would not have a problem if he took out any of my friends. He could not take out my girlfriend, she would never go because she is in a relationship with me.

Go back to watching Nancy Grace and while you are at it, go write a letter to Duke about how the Lacrosse team was out of control for raping that woman! You'll get bonus points too, she is not only a woman, but a minority.

your right, its not like he gets accused of rape every time he goes out. its a good standard of morality.

ps. i dont know if youve noticed but a lot of stories have come out that are very consistent, even before the police report was public. just cause there havent been criminal complaints doesnt mean hes never crossed the line. i think there is a reason pittsburgh locals are selling him down the river right now.

If we draft Clausen or Tebow and they become a Pro Bowl, two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback everyone around here would be doing back flips, and rightfully so. There's no guesswork to Roethlisberger's on the field game. That's the bottom line. There are some sort of off the field issues with half the guys in the league right now. If you can come up with something that works for both sides, pull the trigger.

If we draft Clausen or Tebow and they become a Pro Bowl, two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback everyone around here would be doing back flips, and rightfully so. There's no guesswork to Roethlisberger's on the field game. That's the bottom line. There are some sort of off the field issues with half the guys in the league right now. If you can come up with something that works for both sides, pull the trigger.

its true, if they win 2 sb for buffalo we would be thrilled. just cause br did in burgh, doesnt mean he will win any for us. his prior rings bring us no glory, and no promise for future success. you might know what you get on the field, but at this point you no longer know whether he will actually be on the field. you cant say he learned his lesson this time, he didnt last time and put himself in a position to be accused again.

if traded to buffalo which do you think is more likely within 5 years -- getting accused for rape again or winning a sb? i know it sounds like an troll comment but im actually curious what people think

HEY PAL, Ben's reps HELPED DECIDE the amount of games he would be suspended per espn "In addition, Goodell said he listened to recommendations from the quarterback's representatives ". The Duke players were adamant about their innocents, Ben hasn't said Jack. Yeah. and I'm sure you're such a rich stud that your girl friend would never look twice a a pro football player with a lot of money. I'll bet you don't make such an asinine post in about 20 years when you might have a 20 year old daughter. Now you can go back to the cartoon network and have your mommy get you a snack.

Let's see. The Bills new assistant GM Whaley just came from the Steelers organization two months ago. It seems that a) he probably still has some contacts in Pittsburgh that he still talks to, even if unofficially; and b) he probably knows one or two tidbits about Ben that the public does not.

When Buddy says no one has talked to "him", I would take that quote literally. My guess is the Bills and Steelers have had some form of communication (even if its the "friend of a friend" variety) regardless of what Buddy is saying. It may go absolutely no where, so the public statement may always be "we never talked to them".

What he said. The guy has been suspended 6 gms by the league executive. A stand up franchise wants to trade him away and he's one strike away. We're already in a sh*t hole, you wanna dig even deeper?

C

HEY PAL, Ben's reps HELPED DECIDE the amount of games he would be suspended per espn "In addition, Goodell said he listened to recommendations from the quarterback's representatives ". The Duke players were adamant about their innocents, Ben hasn't said Jack. Yeah. and I'm sure you're such a rich stud that your girl friend would never look twice a a pro football player with a lot of money. I'll bet you don't make such an asinine post in about 20 years when you might have a 20 year old daughter. Now you can go back to the cartoon network and have your mommy get you a snack.

Innocents = innocence

I never said I was a stud. I never said I am a stud. I am just a regular guy, like everyone else in the world. If she went out with him, that's fine. It'll let me learn who she really is.

Ben should say nothing, why does he have to answer to any of us? Would you rather he take the Tiger Woods approach? That doesn't work! The smartest thing he can do is shut up and let this fade away. It will fade away.

In 20 years if I have a daughter who gets plastered and is flirting with a man who is also drunk and decides it is in her best interest to go in to a bathroom with him, than that is her choice. She is 20 years old and I hope I would have raised her better than that. When is anyone going to account for their actions? When you drink alcohol you simply cannot make good judgements. Maybe this chick needs to chill out on the drinking. Plus, why didn't she go to a hospital? Where is the physical evidence? I'm not saying he is a Saint, but he could probably be a Pope or something. At least he's not getting it on with little boys, right?

ESPN LinkAccording to the runmors Pittsburgh has contacted teams about Ben, including the Bills. Why would we not listen to these offers?

From where we are we have no reason not to listen to what they may want. Asking for a 1st may be high, but we do not even know what they want! I would gladly give away a second round pick for him, issues or not. We aren't going to win it all next year and he is still young! Why not just simply see what they are asking!!!!

Pittsburgh is posturing and will not trade a top 5 QB.. they are sending him a message to stop acting like a knucklehead.