Second Round

Assuming the Bills go OT in the first round, is everyone on board with Colt McCoy in round 2?

I wouldn't have an issue with Colt or about 15 other names, They will all upgrade the roster. And hopefully fill a big need.

This is like Christmas for every NFL fan, unless you're a bears fan cause they dont pick until the 3rd round.

Assuming the Bills go OT in the first round, is everyone on board with Colt McCoy in round 2?

Nope - they say they are switching to a 3-4. They should have their peepers zeroed in on a DE or a LB. A qb is a 3rd round consideration. I once thought they should make a 2nd round splash and try for a qb, but I've changed my mind.

The big "no" for me as far as McCoy.

I read today a comment from a scout/GM who said the comparisons of McCoy to Drew Brees are silly.

To paraphrase, he said something to the effect, "for every Drew Brees their are a dozen John Becks."

A speculative QB at #41? No thank you. This is a guy that if he REALLY slides, then you draft him.

I would be ok with it.

I'm telling you...he's the guy the Bills have wanted all along. They MAY even trade up in the 2nd round to get him.

I've been thinking the same thing.

Not in the Second. We NEED a real NT for our 3-4. No good NT's will remain after the 2nd round, while a few solid QB's might be there. (and the QB class is solid next year, anyone know how the NT class next year is?)

McCoy is a good second round shot, assuming with get an OT in the first round. Then we go back to fixing the O-line with another OT.

If they take an OT in the first two rounds, I dont think they'll add another via the Draft. I'm pretty sure they are viewing Meredith as a future starter at RT.

The big "no" for me as far as McCoy.

I read today a comment from a scout/GM who said the comparisons of McCoy to Drew Brees are silly.

To paraphrase, he said something to the effect, "for every Drew Brees their are a dozen John Becks."

A speculative QB at #41? No thank you. This is a guy that if he REALLY slides, then you draft him.

:thumbsup: