How many minutes to make a pick in the first round tomorrow?

bbb

It used to be 15, and I think they changed it to ten last year........But, now with a night dedicated to the first round, I wonder if they changed it back.............I'm just trying to plan my night tomorrow, to make sure I'm around for at least half an hour before pick 9.

Found my answer:

In Round 1 of the NFL Draft 2010, teams have 10 minutes to make their choice (previously, it was 15). In round two, the clock time drops to 7 minutes (previously 10); it drops to 5 minutes in Rounds 3-7.

It used to be 15, and I think they changed it to ten last year........But, now with a night dedicated to the first round, I wonder if they changed it back.............I'm just trying to plan my night tomorrow, to make sure I'm around for at least half an hour before pick 9.

it will be hard for the talking heads to fit the pick anaylsis and praise the Jets great offseason and primetime schedule in only ten minutes

Found my answer:

In Round 1 of the NFL Draft 2010, teams have 10 minutes to make their choice (previously, it was 15). In round two, the clock time drops to 7 minutes (previously 10); it drops to 5 minutes in Rounds 3-7.

Add in 2 to 5 minutes of commercials between every other pick...I plan on spending zero time watching this drawn-out money grab.

Sad.

So worst case, 10 min X 32 teams = 320 minutes = 5+ hours = 1AM before it's done. Yuck.

According to the TV listing:

ESPNHD - 140 - Thu, 4/22, 7:30 PM 3 hrs 30 min

So they figure it will go until about 11pm.

They must not think teams will use the full 10 min. (210 minutes with 32 picks = 6.5 minutes avg per pick).

So if that avg holds up I guess the Bills go on the clock at about 8:23.

According to the TV listing:

ESPNHD - 140 - Thu, 4/22, 7:30 PM 3 hrs 30 min

So they figure it will go until about 11pm.

They must not think teams will use the full 10 min. (210 minutes with 32 picks = 6.5 minutes avg per pick).

So if that avg holds up I guess the Bills go on the clock at about 8:23.

Or that it will just run long.

Seriously, as much as this is a big deal to the NFL and even though it is ESPN it is still primetime. This thing could legitimately go 5 hours and 2o minutes if everyone uses their full time, and if it had been 15 minutes like in years past, whoa, we are talking potentially 8 hours.

With the way Goodell has been milking the cow, I'm surprised that he didn't give each team a whole evening to make their picks. That way the NFL could market the draft as a 32 part min-series.

:unsure:

I'm still baffled by the change from 15 minutes to 10 in the 1st. A team is making multi-million dollar decisions, and they lop 5 minutes off.