1st pick for bills will be a reach.

If there is ONE thing I feel good about, it's that Buddy Nix will not "reach" for a 1st round player. He'll pick a guy who is expected to immediately contribute and has a solid body of work in college.

If there is ONE thing I feel good about, it's that Buddy Nix will not "reach" for a 1st round player. He'll pick a guy who is expected to immediately contribute and has a solid body of work in college.

Agreed. Nix's specialty is college scouting and the draft. He will take the Best Player Available and someone who can play right away at #9.

We need to trade down. Bulaga and Clausen are reaches at 9

Easy to say but it takes two to deal. What Buddy seems to be doing is preparing for whatever scenario comes up and one of those is likely having to pick at 9. All things equal, I'd like to trade down as well.

I have confidence that Gailey and Nix will do the right thing. I mean Nix drafted amazingly well in San Diego and Gailey...he coached Georgia Tech and look at all the potential 1st rounders they have in the draft this year... Demaryius Thomas, Derrick Morgan, Jonathan Dwyer. And Gailey recruited them all.

So that means by virtue of Nix drafting him, he's not a reach?

It means he's not going to take a guy not ready to contribute right away, like Maybin, Pierre-Paul, Anthony Davis. My guess would be the pick is between Spiller and Dan Williams, if Okung and Trent Williams are gone. Impossible to know if Clausen is the pick because it will totally depend on Gailey and Nix being sold on Clausen's intangibles.

This is one thing I DON'T expect. Nix has said that they won't reach for a play just to fill a need. They have 2 OTs that they think are worth the 9th spot, and if they aren't there, they take the best player available. I am pretty sure we are going to get a quality player at the 9th spot. Just hard to tell who it is.

It means he's not going to take a guy not ready to contribute right away, like Maybin, Pierre-Paul, Anthony Davis. My guess would be the pick is between Spiller and Dan Williams, if Okung and Trent Williams are gone. Impossible to know if Clausen is the pick because it will totally depend on Gailey and Nix being sold on Clausen's intangibles.

And if he takes Pierre-Paul or Davis, will your reaction be that they are ready to contribute right away or that Nix made a mistake?

And if he takes Pierre-Paul or Davis, will your reaction be that they are ready to contribute right away or that Nix made a mistake?

I don't think he is going to take them with the 9th pick. He said what they expect out of the 9th overall pick. Someone that can make plays and contribute immediatly.

Also, it is awfully hard to say Nix made a mistake before the players he picks even make it on the field.

I don't think he is going to take them with the 9th pick. He said what they expect out of the 9th overall pick. Someone that can make plays and contribute immediatly.

Also, it is awfully hard to say Nix made a mistake before the players he picks even make it on the field.

Agreed.

My point (which I'm making in a kind of obnoxious way, sorry about that) is that it is just as difficult to say Nix made the right move.