Your plans for 4/20?

Fingon

How do cops determine if a driver is under the influence of a prescriptin drug? Like say,vicoden?

IDK, ask a cop, i'd guess by looking for RX bottles, or observing behaviors, either way, if they ask you to take a test and you decline, its an automatic dui and 6 month suspension that you have to fight in court

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK, ask a cop, i'd guess by looking for RX bottles, or observing behaviors, either way, if they ask you to take a test and you decline, its an automatic dui and 6 month suspension that you have to fight in court

So why wouldn't the same actions be applied to DUI of marijuana?

So you say they shouldn't drive stoned because they're impaired to they should control it and ticket people who get caught. Yeah that's great. Do you have any idea how many people are driving on any given night on the freeway smashed out of their goard but never get caught? So you want to add to that number by legalizing another substance that impairs driving? Yeah I guess that's ok so long as they get a ticket when they get pulled over. <_<

You call that a week argument? I call that a good argument.

So you think alcohol should be illegal too?

So I guess no new prescription drugs that can impair your driving should ever be approved?

So let me explain it to you again. 4/20's over so maybe you're not as stoned as you were yesterday. Prescription drugs are legal, pot is not. You legalize something else that impairs people you're most likely going to increase the number of impaired people out there. I guess I'm crazy for not wanting someone wasted on weed running a red light and killing someone I love. I guess that's just me.

And to Stl Bills I'm not for making legal things illegal. I'm for keeping certain things illegal. You guys getting my point now?

So let me explain it to you again. 4/20's over so maybe you're not as stoned as you were yesterday. Prescription drugs are legal, pot is not. You legalize something else that impairs people you're most likely going to increase the number of impaired people out there. I guess I'm crazy for not wanting someone wasted on weed running a red light and killing someone I love. I guess that's just me.

And to Stl Bills I'm not for making legal things illegal. I'm for keeping certain things illegal. You guys getting my point now?

I don't think anyone could get your point. You are advocating keeping marijuana illegal simply because it impairs people. Guess what? Alcohol is far worse when it comes to traffic accidents and deaths. If more people smoked instead of drank, our country would be a far better place.

I haven't used marijuana,or any other illegal drugs,in over 25 years. So drop the stoner implications. You're still not answering my question.

I don't think anyone could get your point. You are advocating keeping marijuana illegal simply because it impairs people. Guess what? Alcohol is far worse when it comes to traffic accidents and deaths. If more people smoked instead of drank, our country would be a far better place.

You know why alcohol is worse when it comes to traffic accidents, because it's legal and therefore easier to obtain. Pot is illegal and harder to obtain. You legalize it and there WILL be more people driving under the influence. I would never advocate that they make more things illegal, i.e. alcohol but I am against them legalizing MORE things that endanger others. Sorry I feel that way but the safetly to me and my loved ones in important to me. Now seeing you've all done a good job bashing my reason for keeping it legal what are your reasons for legalizing it? All I can think of is reducing the number of people in our prison system.

You know why alcohol is worse when it comes to traffic accidents, because it's legal and therefore easier to obtain. Pot is illegal and harder to obtain. You legalize it and there WILL be more people driving under the influence. I would never advocate that they make more things illegal, i.e. alcohol but I am against them legalizing MORE things that endanger others. Sorry I feel that way but the safetly to me and my loved ones in important to me. Now seeing you've all done a good job bashing my reason for keeping it legal what are your reasons for legalizing it? All I can think of is reducing the number of people in our prison system.

No, that is not the reason why there are far fewer traffic violations. Anyone who has ever smoked will tell you that marijuana is far less impairing than alcohol. I've been extremely high and extremely drunk, and the two are not even comparable. Not to mention pot is FAR easier to obtain than alcohol. If i want to drink i have to have someone buy it for me, but with marijuana all i have to do is call someone and they will deliver it to me.

Your argument for keeping marijuana illegal is akin to making guns illegal because there will be more murders.

So if a new high blood pressure medication or antibiotic are developed that may make you dizzy or otherwise impair you,it should not be approved right???

Now you're being an idiot. Comparing medications to recreational use. I'm all for medical use of marijuana but not the way it is currently adminstered.