Your plans for 4/20?

Fingon

On an unrelated note the thing that pisses me off about drunk driving most lies in the hands of the government. There is a 100% fool proof solution out there to almost completely rid the roads out there of drunk drivers....they are called ignition interlock devices. Why they are not mandatory on every vehicle is beyond me. If driving is considered a privledge and not a right why not make it mandatory that these devices be place on all new cars produced. Its a simply, inexpensive technology that would save thousands of lives. The only reason I can think of that they are not mandatory is the govt. doesn't want to lose all the revenue generated from drunk driving convictions. If that's the case, it is completely irresponsible to let drunks drive and risk lives to generate money. If its not the case, somebody explain to me why these devices aren't mandatory on all new vehicles.

So Chef, read my above post about ignition interlock devices. Can someone tell me why these aren't mandatory on all cars? If they could develop a device for Marijuana would you be OK with the legalization of Marijuana?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that is not the reason why there are far fewer traffic violations. Anyone who has ever smoked will tell you that marijuana is far less impairing than alcohol. I've been extremely high and extremely drunk, and the two are not even comparable. Not to mention pot is FAR easier to obtain than alcohol. If i want to drink i have to have someone buy it for me, but with marijuana all i have to do is call someone and they will deliver it to me.

Your argument for keeping marijuana illegal is akin to making guns illegal because there will be more murders.

Once again I'm not arguing that pot is more impairing than alcohol. I abused both of those I'm well aware of which !@#$s you up more. My point is, one more time, alcohol is currently legal and therefore should continute to be legal. Pot is not legal and, in my mind, legalizing it would put more impaired people out there which is not a good thing. And pot is easier to obtain? Most people who don't smoke pot have not clue how and where to get weed (that includes me) but we can buy alcohol almost on every street corner convenience store, gas station or super market.

So Chef, read my above post about ignition interlock devices. Can someone tell me why these aren't mandatory on all cars? If they could develop a device for Marijuana would you be OK with the legalization of Marijuana?

No, there are so many other ways an impaired person could hurt me, not just with a car.

Once again I'm not arguing that pot is more impairing than alcohol. I abused both of those I'm well aware of which !@#$s you up more. My point is, one more time, alcohol is currently legal and therefore should continute to be legal. Pot is not legal and, in my mind, legalizing it would put more impaired people out there which is not a good thing. And pot is easier to obtain? Most people who don't smoke pot have not clue how and where to get weed (that includes me) but we can buy alcohol almost on every street corner convenience store, gas station or super market.

so if only one thing gets to be legal, why dont we make the less impairing substance legal and the stronger substance illegal?

also, we know you live in SF, dont act like obtaining weed is a big mystery. They have dispensaries all over the place, vending machines on the streets, and Oaksterdam is right over the bridge.

And i could shoot you with a gun. Should guns be illegal because they can be used to murder someone?

You know you guys have some major reading comprehension. I've said many times I am not for them making anything currently legal illegal. But I am against making other harmful things legal.

You know you guys have some major reading comprehension. I've said many times I am not for them making anything currently legal illegal. But I am against making other harmful things legal.

What the hell kind of rational is that? What about my proposition to make ignition interlocks for alcohol mandatory on new cars? Would you support that?

I'm going to let you dwell on that for awhile and come up with your own list. :devil:

I get it, you believe what the government told us back when it was first made illegal. They used propaganda to claim that weed made you go psycho and kill people. I'm dead serious.

so if only one thing gets to be legal, why dont we make the less impairing substance legal and the stronger substance illegal?

also, we know you live in SF, dont act like obtaining weed is a big mystery. They have dispensaries all over the place, vending machines on the streets, and Oaksterdam is right over the bridge.

Did I say it was a mystery (man you guys must be high :devil: ) I said it was harder to get than alcohol. Making it legal would make it much easier to obtain. Hell I'd be buying it myself. That's the funning thing about this. If it was legal I'd buy it but I'm against making it legal. Still haven't heard from anyone what the advantages of making legal would be. I'll wait.

Did I say it was a mystery (man you guys must be high :thumbsup: ) I said it was harder to get than alcohol. Making it legal would make it much easier to obtain. Hell I'd be buying it myself. That's the funning thing about this. If it was legal I'd buy it but I'm against making it legal. Still haven't heard from anyone what the advantages of making legal would be. I'll wait.

The kids wouldn't be able to buy it! :devil:

Did I say it was a mystery (man you guys must be high :devil: ) I said it was harder to get than alcohol. Making it legal would make it much easier to obtain. Hell I'd be buying it myself. That's the funning thing about this. If it was legal I'd buy it but I'm against making it legal. Still haven't heard from anyone what the advantages of making legal would be. I'll wait.

1. It would create a lot of jobs.

2. You could tax the crap out of it.

Those two alone are enough for me.

3. You'd get rid of most the violence/crime involved with the illegal drug trade (the marijuana drug trade anyway) as the illegal marijuana drug trade would no longer exist.

Advantages:

Fewer non-violent offenders in jail

tax revenue

a regulated product

It would help stabilize Mexico, and decrease organized crime's profits

Separate marijuana from other drugs

decrease heavier drug use, as people will no longer need to go to drug dealers to get their weed.

Harder for kids to get

These are but a few.

1. It would create a lot of jobs.

2. You could tax the crap out of it.

Those two alone are enough for me.

1. I may agree but there are other ways to create jobs

2. You may have not seen me post this but that is the lamest reason to make something legal. When I the first thing I hear out of people's mouth is to tax the crap out of it I cringe and get pissed....very pissed. Yeah giving the government more money is a great idea.