Your plans for 4/20?

Fingon

What's worse is they talk to us like we have no idea what we're talking about. I have done more drugs in my life than most of these people here combined and I'm here to tell you are high, on anything (including alcohol) you're not very productive and you cause more problems than solutions.

indeed... :thumbdown:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're just jealous because your wife doesn't let you smoke any more. :D

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like...it's been over 20 years.B-) My kids tell me they know some friends whose parents smoke with them...seriously...I know my kids would harsh my buzz. :thumbdown:

What's worse is they talk to us like we have no idea what we're talking about. I have done more drugs in my life than most of these people here combined and I'm here to tell you are high, on anything (including alcohol) you're not very productive and you cause more problems than solutions.

That is true, however I do not need to be productive at 10:00 pm on a Friday night, I was productive all day starting at 6am.

That is true, however I do not need to be productive at 10:00 pm on a Friday night, I was productive all day starting at 6am.

Agreed, I don't smoke before I go to work just like I don't drink before I go to work. I don't smoke before I go to a meeting just like I don't drink before I go to meeting. BB and Chef have stereotyped what they believe are potheads just like I can stereotype an drinker. It's not for everyone just like drinking.

Why is it that you two believe what you believe without any grey area's? And don't give me "because I've done this" or "I know so many who have done that" that's a BS argument. So what if you know 20 potheads who are worthless? I know 20 who aren't and just because you have done x amount of drugs doesn't make you an expert, it makes you a burnout or just bitter to those that still enjoy.

Even if MJ usage is legal, it will remain a clandestine activity. Folks, for reasons, won't be strutting around in the general public saying "Care for a toke?" Their private sector jobs would be at risk, at the least. As well as opprobrium from family and friends.

I certainly know the difference between a MJ high and an alcohol high...that alcohol dwarfs MJ re anti-social behaviour, family problems, crime, and so forth. Little-known fact: during Prohibition, there was a marked decrease in what we now call domestic violence, in so-called petty crime.

If it is legalized, there will be a rush to fill the increased demand. Would there be government "suppliers?" Likely. Would it be a bureaucratic mess? Likely...there is no requirement for competence imposed upon government workers, nor any penalty for failure.

So the criminal supply network would jump for joy - the increased volume of sales would well make out over the current prices.

The thing I worry about, that with increased usage upon legalization, there undoubtedly will be more folks on the roadways under its' influence, there will be a problem for the businesses that we all need to earn out money.

Marijuana is very pleasurable. I know that. I hear the term "gateway drug". I don't think that's strictly true - but I do think you can get addicted to MJ - perhaps not physically, but certainly emotionally. It's entirely so, that it can make one's life be in stasis. And a pleasurable thrill being what it is, some move on to other substances. That's a fact.

As others said, nice post. However, if I had my way it wouldn't play out like that. I would have minimal government involvement as it would be able to be sold commercially. Let the big corporations duke it out to produce the finest, kindest, tightest rolled packs of marijuana cigarettes (no filter naturally). Tax it at about the percentage of cigarettes and you still have a vastly reduced cost to the consumer. To sell commercially, you would need to purchase a business license at a very nominal fee based on the amount you want to sell, which entitles the government to check their records as far as sales, type and amount sold, any taxes collected etc. Mind you, the taxes will be fairly low.

Within a year, no criminal cartel will be able to compete price wise. Unless of course they wish to become a legitimate business. Do you know many criminal cartels that want to let government agencies crack into their books?

As to increased usage, there certainly will be a spike. I would imagine it would jump pretty high for a while and then sorta settle back down with alcohol and prescription drug sales decreasing somewhat and overall marijuana usage increasing overall.

My somewhat hazy take. :thumbdown:

Agreed, I don't smoke before I go to work just like I don't drink before I go to work. I don't smoke before I go to a meeting just like I don't drink before I go to meeting. BB and Chef have stereotyped what they believe are potheads just like I can stereotype an drinker. It's not for everyone just like drinking.

Why is it that you two believe what you believe without any grey area's? And don't give me "because I've done this" or "I know so many who have done that" that's a BS argument. So what if you know 20 potheads who are worthless? I know 20 who aren't and just because you have done x amount of drugs doesn't make you an expert, it makes you a burnout or just bitter to those that still enjoy.

So all you guys just smoke weed at home and never leave the house, never hop in a car and drive someplace. I don't give a !@#$ what you do at home just don't fire up and drive next to me on the freeway. Oh that's right, you've never done that before. :thumbdown:

My point is that they may as well legalize it, it's not as if that all of a sudden the whole country is going to be significantly impacted by it. However, what it will do, is increase tax revenues and lessen the violence that we have with our southern neighbors. In my view, it makes sense.

This is the most sensible statement in the entire thread. :thumbdown:

So all you guys just smoke weed at home and never leave the house, never hop in a car and drive someplace. I don't give a !@#$ what you do at home just don't fire up and drive next to me on the freeway. Oh that's right, you've never done that before. :thumbdown:

Please don't have two glasses of wine with dinner at a restaurant and drive home. You've never done that before...

Please don't have two glasses of wine with dinner at a restaurant and drive home. You've never done that before...

Never said I didn't. But just so you know now that I live in a city with great public transportation I never do that anymore. But these guys act like their getting high is not jeopardizing anyone.

Please don't have two glasses of wine with dinner at a restaurant and drive home.

Well, that is legal. Sure, there is a slight loss of reflexes and lack of attention and such. However, pot doesn't mess you up anywhere near as bad as alcohol does. So how much THC for lack of a better description does it take to equal two glasses of wine?

Half a joint of ragweed? One hit of Hawaiian? :thumbdown:

I NEVER drink and drive and I NEVER smoke and drive, no exceptions!