Draft prospects that I believe are

Estro

Highly Rated:

Sam Bradford - the only QB the Bills would consider at #9, won't be there anyways and they know this.

Trent Williams - for all the pub Okung gets, Williams is rated as the #1 OT by many scouts. There's a little concern about his weight and how he'll handle a big payday, but he's a better pass protector and a much better run blocker than Okung IMO. There's things he needs to improve, but with Gailey's emphasis on the running game, Williams is probably rated higher than Okung.

C.J. Spiller - A homerun threat, who is arguably the #1 skill position prospect in this draft. He may not be our #1 choice, but if the draft goes a certaian way the Bills may be forced to draft him because he'll be so much higher than other guys still on the board. He showed he could carry the load this past season at Clemson and if you get him the ball in the open field, Touchdowns are near.

Brandon Graham - He may not have the ideal size or athleticism you look for in a 3-4 OLB, but he's produced big time in Michigan. He plays with great leverage and is solid vs. both the run and the pass. He lead all defensive players last year with more than 20 tackles for loss. We're thin at OLB, so he also fills a big need. He's compared a lot to Woodley, who has fit in real well in Pitt's 3-4 and we'll be running a similar 3-4 so he should fit in Buffalo's scheme.

Derrick Morgan - Originally recruited to play at GT by our head coach, Chan Gailey, so even if they won't admit it, there is going to be a positive bias toward Morgan. Much like Graham, he's been a producer, and he's got good height, 6'3", to play either end or OLB. He'd bring some much needed toughness to the Bills front 7. Whether or not the Bills view him as an OLB or a DE (he'd need to bulk up to be a DE) is a big question I have.

Demaryius Thomas - A bit of a surprise, but he's talented and would fill a humongous need. The Bills receiving core, as it stands now, is bad. Thomas broke his foot not even 2 months ago, and it seemed his stock would really suffer. After Dez Bryant's poor workouts and character concerns, Thomas is back in the conversation for possibly being the top WR taken. He played in a run heavy offense with a QB who wasn't a very good/accurate passer and as a result his numbers suffered. Come next Thursday, I think Thomas hears his name called in the Top 20.

Trent Williams or Bulaga would be a great pickup, assuming either's available at 9. I really like Spiller, but if you can't block for the man... Graham and Thomas feel like reaches, and Derrick Morgan was looked irrelevant vs. Iowa in the Orange Bowl. Look out for ILB Rolando McClain (Ala.), who has been back in the discussion in the last day.

Highly Rated:

Sam Bradford - the only QB the Bills would consider at #9, won't be there anyways and they know this.

Trent Williams - for all the pub Okung gets, Williams is rated as the #1 OT by many scouts. There's a little concern about his weight and how he'll handle a big payday, but he's a better pass protector and a much better run blocker than Okung IMO. There's things he needs to improve, but with Gailey's emphasis on the running game, Williams is probably rated higher than Okung.

C.J. Spiller - A homerun threat, who is arguably the #1 skill position prospect in this draft. He may not be our #1 choice, but if the draft goes a certaian way the Bills may be forced to draft him because he'll be so much higher than other guys still on the board. He showed he could carry the load this past season at Clemson and if you get him the ball in the open field, Touchdowns are near.

Brandon Graham - He may not have the ideal size or athleticism you look for in a 3-4 OLB, but he's produced big time in Michigan. He plays with great leverage and is solid vs. both the run and the pass. He lead all defensive players last year with more than 20 tackles for loss. We're thin at OLB, so he also fills a big need. He's compared a lot to Woodley, who has fit in real well in Pitt's 3-4 and we'll be running a similar 3-4 so he should fit in Buffalo's scheme.

Derrick Morgan - Originally recruited to play at GT by our head coach, Chan Gailey, so even if they won't admit it, there is going to be a positive bias toward Morgan. Much like Graham, he's been a producer, and he's got good height, 6'3", to play either end or OLB. He'd bring some much needed toughness to the Bills front 7. Whether or not the Bills view him as an OLB or a DE (he'd need to bulk up to be a DE) is a big question I have.

Demaryius Thomas - A bit of a surprise, but he's talented and would fill a humongous need. The Bills receiving core, as it stands now, is bad. Thomas broke his foot not even 2 months ago, and it seemed his stock would really suffer. After Dez Bryant's poor workouts and character concerns, Thomas is back in the conversation for possibly being the top WR taken. He played in a run heavy offense with a QB who wasn't a very good/accurate passer and as a result his numbers suffered. Come next Thursday, I think Thomas hears his name called in the Top 20.

I like Williams, Morgan and Thomas! :w00t:

Trent Williams or Bulaga would be a great pickup, assuming either's available at 9. I really like Spiller, but if you can't block for the man... Graham and Thomas feel like reaches, and Derrick Morgan was looked irrelevant vs. Iowa in the Orange Bowl. Look out for ILB Rolando McClain (Ala.), who has been back in the discussion in the last day.

I would be disgusted with McClain in the top 10. I may be in the minority on this board, but I just don't see the hype in McClain. If you take an ILB in the top 10 he better not have many weaknesses, and McClain has apparent weakness IMO.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I like both Brandon Spikes and Donald Butler better than McClain and I think both could be available in the early-late 2nd round. Yea, Spikes is a little slow, but he compensates that with his instincts, just look at all the plays he made in the SEC. A much better tackler than McClain too.

But anyways that's my personal rant.

Highly Rated:

I know I have stated this before, but I really think Brandon Graham is going to Buffalo's pick. You pointed him out and its exactly what we need even though it is not seen by a lot of you on these boards.

Tom Modrak was asked in the luncheon if Aaron Schobel's decision on whether to retire or not will have any effect on the draft. He said "absolutely not". That too me sounds like they know they need pass-rushers. Also he sounded very high on Jerry Hughes, which I do not think deserves a first round pick, but definitely in the 2nd.

Brandon Graham to me if by far the pass pass-rusher in this years class. Very good leverage and pad level. A polished pass-rusher with various counter moves and has quickness. Him playing on a bad defense, I think will have a positive effect in the NFL. Was double teamed a lot and is very powerful. Can be taught the OLB and be used as a DE on passing downs.

With all the moves that were made to better our rivals passing games, there is only one counter for that and that is pass-rush. For all those who really think were going to take QB, I think you're going to be sadly mistaken. We need to build this defense up.

I really think that offensive line is important also, but no one is worthy of the 9th overall pick that is going to be there. The only two offensive tackles I would consider would be Willaims and Okung and neither are going to be there. If you think that we need Buluaga, just turn on the Michigan v Iowa tape.

Listen To Me. We need him and I think the front office agrees. Do not be shocked when you here his name called Thursday.

I know I have stated this before, but I really think Brandon Graham is going to Buffalo's pick. You pointed him out and its exactly what we need even though it is not seen by a lot of you on these boards.

Tom Modrak was asked in the luncheon if Aaron Schobel's decision on whether to retire or not will have any effect on the draft. He said "absolutely not". That too me sounds like they know they need pass-rushers. Also he sounded very high on Jerry Hughes, which I do not think deserves a first round pick, but definitely in the 2nd.

Brandon Graham to me if by far the pass pass-rusher in this years class. Very good leverage and pad level. A polished pass-rusher with various counter moves and has quickness. Him playing on a bad defense, I think will have a positive effect in the NFL. Was double teamed a lot and is very powerful. Can be taught the OLB and be used as a DE on passing downs.

With all the moves that were made to better our rivals passing games, there is only one counter for that and that is pass-rush. For all those who really think were going to take QB, I think you're going to be sadly mistaken. We need to build this defense up.

I really think that offensive line is important also, but no one is worthy of the 9th overall pick that is going to be there. The only two offensive tackles I would consider would be Willaims and Okung and neither are going to be there. If you think that we need Buluaga, just turn on the Michigan v Iowa tape.

Listen To Me. We need him and I think the front office agrees. Do not be shocked when you here his name called Thursday.

Could very well be. He's not #1 on my wish list, but I'd be happy with Brandon Graham.

I would be disgusted with McClain in the top 10. I may be in the minority on this board, but I just don't see the hype in McClain. If you take an ILB in the top 10 he better not have many weaknesses, and McClain has apparent weakness IMO.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I like both Brandon Spikes and Donald Butler better than McClain and I think both could be available in the early-late 2nd round. Yea, Spikes is a little slow, but he compensates that with his instincts, just look at all the plays he made in the SEC. A much better tackler than McClain too.

Sorry, disagree.

I wouldn't want Spikes even in the second round. If you watched the Bama game (TIVO'ed and watched three times)He is slow and slow reacting.He may have been the sixth or seventh best player on Florida's defense. McClain is faster, better reacting more instinctive and gets to the ball carrier faster. Uh.... other than that Spikes has him hands down and yeah, Spikes should DEFINITELY be available in the early-late second round .. because he isn't very good.. McClain would be awesome especially if a nose tackle like a Linval Joseph was available in the third round to take up space. Don't know much about Butler.

I think the Bills are really looking at taking Clausen now. Jimmy would start here from day one. I agree with the Morgan, Graham, and Thomas statements as two of those were recruited by Gailey at GT. I too like Graham and think he's going to be a pass rusher along the mold of Merriman and Woodley. I, personally, am not drinking the Kool-Aid on Trent Williams. It was his missed block that got Bradford floored and sent under the knife. He struggled big time making the switch from RT to LT. He improved some as the year wen along, but I don't get the hype. I think they have their eyes on Cody as well. He, despite weight issues, was a dominant force in the middle for Bama since he set foot on the field. I think they're considering Tebow. It seems they like Hughes. Nix likes guys who've shown they can get it done on the field over the course of their college career consistently so look for that criteria and you likely have a match.

Didn't big ol Mike Williams have the same grades and concerns as Trent Williams? We can't make that same mistake. That pick set us back for a decade (still paying for it now).

No it didn't. The crappy Fa's we've signed since Williams was here have set us back. A bad draft pick has never set any franchise back a decade. The most they could/can set you back is 2 to 4 seasons. And for well run orginizations it's not even that long.

Gotta disagree as well. There's a reason(s) that scouts have McClain rated higher than Spikes.

First, McClain didn't run a 5.0 40 at his Pro Day like Spikes. Instead, he ran a 4.6.

Second, McClain has been starting at the "qb" position of the 3-4 since his freshman year. It took Spikes until his sophomore year to get legit playing time.

Third, he's got slightly better size than Spikes, which is important for an MLB. McClain 6'4" 258 lbs., Spikes 6'3" 255 lbs. Fourth, McClain is not a dirty player, but Spikes is. After tearing up his opponent, Rolando helps them up, whereas Spikes gouges them in the eyes.

Lastly, Rolando has been compared to being Nick Saban in a football player's body out there. He is very wise to the 3-4 scheme. Spikes was a part of a Gators squad that runs a 4-3.

Gotta disagree as well. There's a reason(s) that scouts have McClain rated higher than Spikes.

First, McClain didn't run a 5.0 40 at his Pro Day like Spikes. Instead, he ran a 4.6.

Second, McClain has been starting at the "qb" position of the 3-4 since his freshman year. It took Spikes until his sophomore year to get legit playing time.

Third, he's got slightly better size than Spikes, which is important for an MLB. McClain 6'4" 258 lbs., Spikes 6'3" 255 lbs. Fourth, McClain is not a dirty player, but Spikes is. After tearing up his opponent, Rolando helps them up, whereas Spikes gouges them in the eyes.

Lastly, Rolando has been compared to being Nick Saban in a football player's body out there. He is very wise to the 3-4 scheme. Spikes was a part of a Gators squad that runs a 4-3.

I'm a huge McClain fan as well. Not sure how a Bills fan could not want him after watching Poz, Ellison and Mitchell.

I think the real value of the draft will be in how Nix and Gailey can pull starters out of the 3-7 rounds.

How do they evaluate small school talent. What gems will they be able pull from other pools to

help our OL, LB and DL. I feel they are doing the due dilligence with the top picks but their meddle will be tested with the later rounds. Outside of the first pick we still need to find starters (not depth players but starters) at the other positions.

Can be taught the OLB and be used as a DE on passing downs.

We made this mistake last year.

Let me add this link as well: Tale of the Tape: McClain versus Lee

What weakness did you see in McClain? I didn't see much when I watched him play. Runs the defense well, gets to the ball, tackles well...

Highly Rated:

Clausen. James Clausen.

And Dan Williams.

As for the rest, not bad, though I can't imagine Demaryius Thomas without a major trade down, and expect us to take Dan Williams instead of Spiller if it came down to those two guys.

We made this mistake last year.

Not even close. The rap on Maybin was that he wasn't physically ready to play.

At 6'1" 263, Graham is physically ready, and a lot more.

Check out the highlights:

Yeah, highlights films are cherrypicked, but there's a reason this one is eight minutes long.

If Clausen gets to #9, I'd expect us to take him, but if he doesn't, Graham doesn't fill one of our biggest needs but he is a terrific player.

Clausen. James Clausen.

And Dan Williams.

As for the rest, not bad, though I can't imagine Demaryius Thomas without a major trade down, and expect us to take Dan Williams instead of Spiller if it came down to those two guys.

I didn't include Clausen because deep down I don't think the Bills are interested in him in the top 10. A little small, a good but not great arm, okay accuracy on the deep ball, but needs work. I don't really see much of a difference between Clausen and Quinn's skill sets coming out and so far Quinn hasn't produced in the NFL. I can't envision Buddy Nix thinking that Jimmy Clausen is the answer at QB.

Dan Williams is another prospect who I feel has been overrated. His tape does not warrant a top 10 pick.