NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Those back to back PPs were probably the best executed ones I've ever seen in years. Of course, being used to watching Buffalo on power plays, my expectations are pretty low.

But hell of a comeback by the Habs...this is turning into a great game.

The Habs get the puck out of their zone quickly. Game sevens are the best! I hope it goes OT!

The Sabres PP will haunt me all summer. 0-19. God help us.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last 3 months i have been preparing for a brutal exam that is june 5th (pass rate 30%). This is the year that it would not have bothered me had they not made the playoffs because i really don't have much time to spare.

I can't believe i have to feel guilty to stop studying just to watch a period :sick:

Oh well. Unluckiest sports fan alive i guess :)

Cry us a river! You are allowed to take study breaks!

Tell me whats happening in centre-ville! Are they going off? I'm trying to get Montreal TV coverage!

I'm At a coffee shop in cv since i live downtown now. Not that much but im assuming its a mess next to the bell

You sons a bitches Meazza. I hate game 7s. I've seen my share of victory in my life with Lemiuex, Jagr, Crosby and Malkin. But I've seen a couple of losses too. This one feels a lot like the year the Pens were coming off of back to back Cups, probably had their best team ever, and bowed out to #8 NY Isles in a game seven in Pittsburgh.

I thought the Pens would bow out in the second round, just not to Montreal. Unreal story!

Don't have a great feeling about this Game 7. It's going to come down to the goaltending--whoever is better in goal is going to win. Let's hope Fleury doesn't give up his customary cheap one, because this could very easily be a 1-0 game.

Don't have a great feeling about this Game 7. It's going to come down to the goaltending--whoever is better in goal is going to win. Let's hope Fleury doesn't give up his customary cheap one, because this could very easily be a 1-0 game.

Yeah, it just doesn't feel right for some reason. Although, this is pretty much how the Pens have been all season. Not bad, but not great either. Think Malkin will actually show up and not turn the puck over 50 times tonight?

Yeah, it just doesn't feel right for some reason. Although, this is pretty much how the Pens have been all season. Not bad, but not great either. Think Malkin will actually show up and not turn the puck over 50 times tonight?

Is this all part of that Pens' "cakewalk" to the Finals that you were talking about two weeks ago?

Geno has been disappointment #1 all season; I guess I expect more of the same tonight.

The one guy--one of my favorite players--Kris Letang, has been a mystery. He's scoring big time goals, and then making bad defensive mistakes every game. He can't be kicking the puck into his goal or turning it over in his own end tonight.

Pens need to play a crisp game tonight.

Sometimes I wonder if playing on the road helps as much in hockey as other sports. The Pens better hope so because they looked lethargic on Monday night in Montreal. The Habs looked like they wanted it more. The pressure is on the Pens. I think the Pens will take it with a riot in Montreal whether the Habs win or lose.

The winning goal by Maxim Lapierre was the kind of effort the Sabres need.

Check out the cartoon for Wednesday May 12th:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/opinion/edi...ons/index.html#

Sometimes I wonder if playing on the road helps as much in hockey as other sports. The Pens better hope so because they looked lethargic on Monday night in Montreal. The Habs looked like they wanted it more. The pressure is on the Pens. I think the Pens will take it with a riot in Montreal whether the Habs win or lose.

The winning goal by Maxim Lapierre was the kind of effort the Sabres need.

Check out the cartoon for Wednesday May 12th:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/opinion/edi...ons/index.html#

Shoot me... Hockey is flukey and all drive/coaching... Talent is just icing on the cake. Any wonder why the game has had 3 0-3 comebacks in a 7 game series.

Basketball, IMO, is the other extreme... All physical talent. Baseball on the other is like hockey... The only reason why the game didn't see more 0-3 comebacks (until the Faux Sox did it against the Yanks) is becuase it was always the two best teams playing... Still the playoffs are pretty selective in MLB.

Congrats to Habs fans. The Penguins were completely worn out and gassed. Outcoached. I thought the Pens would bow out this year in round 2, but I just thought it would be to Washington. The Pens gave me a great three years in a row. They'll be back.

Habs fans, enjoy the ride. There's nothing better than a team on the rise for crowd excitement and enjoyment.

Well done.

Congrats to Habs fans. The Penguins were completely worn out and gassed. Outcoached. I thought the Pens would bow out this year in round 2, but I just thought it would be to Washington. The Pens gave me a great three years in a row. They'll be back.

Habs fans, enjoy the ride. There's nothing better than a team on the rise for crowd excitement and enjoyment.

Well done.

Chicago has the inside track! Hope they take it... The Habs made it that much easier. Bring that Cup back to BFLO one day Kaney via a cab ride!!!

:D:thumbsup:

Well done.

Bring on the flyers!!!