Draft Luncheon (reading between the lines)

What we can gather from the luncheon today:

They are not going to reach for a T at 9 if the top two or three or not there

Seems like they are interested in Spiller and Jerry Hughes

Seem enamoured with Tim Tebow.

Usually when asking questions about most players they dance around a little bit. They were pretty clear on what they thought about Tim Tebow. I think Tebow will be a Buffalo Bill in the 2nd or 3rd round if he is still on the board. I don't know if he will last until the 3rd round though.

Usually when asking questions about most players they dance around a little bit. They were pretty clear on what they thought about Tim Tebow. I think Tebow will be a Buffalo Bill in the 2nd or 3rd round if he is still on the board. I don't know if he will last until the 3rd round though.

I have been totally perplexed by the Bills strategy over the past year(s).

First drafting Maybin when there were other choices.

Firing the OC right before the season began.

Hiring Chan Gailey.

Not being even semi aggressive in free agency.

I can honestly say I don't know what to expect from these guys.

Logic dosen't apply.. I have no idea who these guys are going to draft.

I haven't been overly impressed by Nix and his we can't do it all in one year attitude

when other teams have a we want to win now attitude. I'm willing to give Nix a chance

by seeing what type of product he puts on the field. The new regime dosen't seem to show the

urgency to make this team a winner anytime soon. I hope I am wrong.

I sure hope we STAY AWAY FROM TEBOW, if we were upset with maybin and his lack of PT, wait till you get a load of TT, talking bout a guy that has no business sniffing the field before yr 3, much less even being a minor contributor. For god's sake, I hope we take Clausen and alleviate all this BS talk of tebow and the "pistol"

On the contrary, we got into trouble making stupid draft choices and splashy FA signings. I'll take slow and competent from this crew. Nix has the history of good drafts. Put a few together and build a solid team that I will enjoy watching.

Hiring Chan Gailey.

I haven't been overly impressed by Nix and his we can't do it all in one year attitude

when other teams have a we want to win now attitude. I'm willing to give Nix a chance

by seeing what type of product he puts on the field. The new regime dosen't seem to show the

They are not in a hurry, that isn't how you build a team. We finally have a front office that will BUILD a team and that takes 2-3 years

Hiring Chan Gailey.

The morons that ran the draft and even more moronic coaches have all been fired and replaced.

New coaches and new GM, lets hope for the best

The morons that ran the draft and even more moronic coaches have all been fired and replaced.

New coaches and new GM, lets hope for the best

yeah - good thing the 2 morons, Nix and Modrak, that wasted our #12 pick on Maybin last year were canned. :lol:

He'll never make it past New England at 22 -- He'll be the err apparent to take over when Brady retires . If the Bills want him they'll have to do a lot of praying or trade down before the Pats pick .

Hiring Chan Gailey.

I think the Maybin pick has Jauron's fingerprints all over it. The coach got the guy he wanted in the end.

OC was Jauron's call as well.

Chan Gailey? Gotta wait and see how that pans out, but I'm skeptical myself.

Free agency - are there really that many free agents you are dying to see sign with the Bills? For any top notch talent who could basically write their own ticket (and how many of them were free agents this year?) the recent history of the team would be a tough selling point, and these guys don't seem to have the "drive a dump truck full of money up to 'em" mindset (A Good Thing) either.

I would say the new regime has to undo a decade's worth of decay, and it ain't gonna happen in one offseason. You are looking at 2 seasons (minimum) of bottom dwelling mediocrity before they can beef it up (the right way through the draft and younger players) to be contenders.

The more they try to quick-fix it, the longer it will be before it finally gets done right.

This is the first time in a long time I've seen the Bills look like they've got a decent plan and the stubborness to carry it out.

That said, I'm willing to give them a the benefit of the doubt until they fail miserably, then sit back and say "I knew it all along!" :w00t:

Hiring Chan Gailey.

Most of the scenario you just described occurred before the elevation of Nix. Let's see how the draft turns out and then take it from there. What happens if the Bills make some deals (Lynch and trade downs) which garner us more picks and those picks are turned into good prospects? As far as the lack of activity in free agency I thought the acquisitions they made made a lot of sense. ILB Davis and DT/DE Edwards were solid selections. Picking up the less than stellar OT Green was very perplexing.

There is still a long way to go before the end of free agency. Other teams will be letting players go as they shape their own rosters so there can be some solid picks there. What you and I know is that the Bills are not going to make some expensive and high profile free agent pickups.

The truth of the matter is that the Bills will not be making the playoffs for the forseeable future, despite what the true believers desperately hope for. But that doesn't mean that the front office and staff can't improve the product and reshape this very flawed roster so that down the road they will be in position to seriously compete.

Didn't Nix just try to trade for McNAbb?

I'm sure even old Buddy is smart enough to realize that with mcNabb it is still going to take a few years to rework this very hollow roster into a competitive team. Attempting to get McNabb is an acknowldegement that the present qbs on this team are not near being adequate. Sometimes the obvious is too blatantly obvious to ignore.