WGR's Jeremy White

Kingfish

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great read. After the events of the past few weeks I've just let the anxiety pass and have come to the conclusion that Buddy has forgotten more about football than I'm ever going to learn. I'm going to relax, and watch Buddy do his thing. Damn, I'm exciited!

From the article:

"Jerry Hughes...remember the name. Modrak made a quip to Nix and flashed Nix a look when his name came up."

Our round 2 OLB pick? Not familiar with him anyone seen him in action?

Seems like a nice kid. I hope he enjoyed the soiree. Doubt if he has ever got into a clubhouse, ever spoke with any player. My guess is that he is trying for a degree in Communications. Whatever that is...

Actually, Whitey already has the degree, from Newhouse (Syracuse J-school). He's been at GR for probably 10 years, co-hosting evenings with Brad Riter before moving to morning drive when they hired Howard Simon in 2004. Also took over the Lee Evans Show upon Riter's forced departure.

One more note: although the WGR guys no longer log in here, White joined TSW in 2004 and presumably still drops by to read the board.

Never seen him but based on this he sounds like Maybin Jr.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...erry-Hughes.php

He's actually quite the opposite. One of the best things about him was his coverage skills when he would drop back and help cover the middle. Being a two-time consensus first team All-American is quite an accomplishment.

Plus, Terrell Suggs, David Pollack, Elvis Dumervil, LaMarr Woodley, Chris Long and Brian Orakpo were the last winners of the Hendricks award. Not bad company.

Would make a nice addition, but I feel like taking an OLB in the top 3 rounds means another year of neglecting our Offense.

Assuming his prediction is correct, 1) DT/LB 2) QB 3) LB/DT, I think Bills go:

1) McClain

2) Tebow

3) Cam Thomas

Wouldn't be mad at that...but wouldn't be overly happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down into the late teens and coming away with something like this-

1)Tebow

2)Saffold

2)jerry hughes

3)Cam Thomas

He's actually quite the opposite. One of the best things about him was his coverage skills when he would drop back and help cover the middle. Being a two-time consensus first team All-American is quite an accomplishment.

Plus, Terrell Suggs, David Pollack, Elvis Dumervil, LaMarr Woodley, Chris Long and Brian Orakpo were the last winners of the Hendricks award. Not bad company.

Would make a nice addition, but I feel like taking an OLB in the top 3 rounds means another year of neglecting our Offense.

I think Hughes will be selected by someone before the 2nd round ends.

I don't look at it the same way. College football is very offense oriented - defenses for the most part are way behind (there are obvious exceptions like Alabama). There's a reason the spread works on Saturdays and not on Sundays.

Patriots and Saints are two teams that use a lot of spread principals in there offense.... they tend to be pretty good.

One would hope that its simply pre-draft posturing to the media, with Nix attempting to act nonchalant about the LT position in order to hopefully drive some talent down to the Bills picks.

I read between the lines somewhat differently than White. Buddy wants an immediate starter in round 1, and given our needs, Bulaga fits that bill best. Nix seems like a "watch what I do, not what I say" guy cut from the same cloth as John Butler.

And talk of McCoy seems to be by White alone, not the Bills, at least the way it's written on his blog.

From the article:

"Jerry Hughes...remember the name. Modrak made a quip to Nix and flashed Nix a look when his name came up."

Our round 2 OLB pick? Not familiar with him anyone seen him in action?

I looked up his stats. 6' 1". 255. Runs a 4.5 to 4.6 40. TCU DE/OLB.

Assuming his prediction is correct, 1) DT/LB 2) QB 3) LB/DT, I think Bills go:

1) McClain

2) Tebow

3) Cam Thomas

Wouldn't be mad at that...but wouldn't be overly happy.

No ILB is worth #9 even Ray Lewis. Those guys are only as good as the guys in front of them. I still say we are going to trade down, pick up DT in the first, QB in the 2nd and a guy like Jerry Hughes in the 3rd