WGR's Jeremy White

Kingfish

you NEVER take a RIGHT tackle that high, they are not that important....not in the top 15 picks anyway

You shouldn't but the Arizona Cardinals did it a few years ago when took Levi Brown 5th overall and made the Super Bowl. That said he might finally shift to LT in 2010.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you NEVER take a RIGHT tackle that high, they are not that important....not in the top 15 picks anyway

The Cardinals did with Levi Jones to protect Leinert's blindside. But it's probably hard to remember things from when you were that young.

He's moving to LT this year, however.

I read the whole transcript, and I think his comments on left tackle are a smoke-screen or at least they are not going to reach for a need. Nix did make the statement that they need a strong offensive line:

"If we got some deficiencies in some areas, which we do, not as many as everybody thinks probably, but if we build a strong defense and a strong front offensive line we can keep adding some talent and that way we’ll stay good for awhile."

He mentioned in the past that a team cannot have enough good offensive linemen.

I think they could draft Derrick Morgan with the first pick.

Lastly, I think they are going to trade Marshawn if they can get a decent draft pick in return. I think they would just assume moving on. Hopefully, they pick up James Starks in the later rounds. They will be drafting wide receiver in the later rounds.

I read the whole transcript, and I think his comments on left tackle are a smoke-screen or at least they are not going to reach for a need. Nix did make the statement that they need a strong offensive line:

"If we got some deficiencies in some areas, which we do, not as many as everybody thinks probably, but if we build a strong defense and a strong front offensive line we can keep adding some talent and that way we’ll stay good for awhile."

He mentioned in the past that a team cannot have enough good offensive linemen.

I think they could draft Derrick Morgan with the first pick.

Lastly, I think they are going to trade Marshawn if they can get a decent draft pick in return. I think they would just assume moving on. Hopefully, they pick up James Starks in the later rounds. They will be drafting wide receiver in the later rounds.

How is Derrick Morgan going to help this D? We're shifting from a 4-3 to a 3-4, if we take Morgan it means shifting yet another DE to OLB? While I like Morgan's talents and size better then Maybin there's no telling how either would be at OLB. I think it seems to lead that we're going to take an OT as seems like the press is reporting that we're entertaining QBs (like Tebow and Clausen) which makes OT the ideal pick so long one of the top 3 are there. If not I could see us trading down and taking a guy like Davis.

I read between the lines somewhat differently than White. Buddy wants an immediate starter in round 1, and given our needs, Bulaga fits that bill best. Nix seems like a "watch what I do, not what I say" guy cut from the same cloth as John Butler.

And talk of McCoy seems to be by White alone, not the Bills, at least the way it's written on his blog.

Just watched video on BB.com and I think that if CJ Spiller is on the board the Bills will take him. Buddy said he wants an immediate impact player at the #9 position and after Suh and Okung, Spiller is the next best thing.

More answers from Nix

"We think we have a good left tackle (Demetrius Bell). He is injured right now and is coming along good. I guess the point I am trying to make is if we can’t get the guy that we need, then we are going to try to develop what we have or there is still a chance that we can fill some needs after the draft in free agency."

Sounds like they go OT at nine if a guy they like is there. If not, fill another positional hole...

the good news is that doesn't seem like he is going to follow the past pattern and reach for need. The bad news is there might not be a big upgrade at left tackle from last years mess. That said this mess is not getting fixed and one year anyway . Plus Buddy Nix forgets more football in his sleep then most of us know