WGR's Jeremy White

Kingfish

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good read. I've been thinking for awhile now that Colt McCoy is the guy they've wanted all along, since he seems to be the one they've mentioned the least in public.

I'll admit though, I'd be very disappointed if we came away from the first 3 rounds without a new OT.

Very good read. I've been thinking for awhile now that Colt McCoy is the guy they've wanted all along, since he seems to be the one they've mentioned the least in public.

And also the least likely to succeed in Buffalo. Weakest arm, played on the most loaded team, never had to read a defense, and looked like a scrub when he faced a good defensive team. If he can't move the ball against Nebraska, he won't be able to move it against anyone in the pros.

By the way, how about Nix declaring the draft's strongest positions to be DT, S, & CB? Does this mean still more picks heading to the secondary? And still more apologists defending the selections?

I'll admit though, I'd be very disappointed if we came away from the first 3 rounds without a new OT.

I pray he's wrong about that. As much as certain people in the front office loved Demetrius Bell -- they think he can be another Peters, but hopefully without the lousy attitude -- fact remains that he's a.) incredibly raw at the position, and b.) rehabbing an ACL tear. Not a good combo for your blindside pass protector, in my opinion.

The article is very cryptic and somewhat odd. The only rational reason the Bills have for passing on a LT at 9 is because they think that the top LTs will be off of the board by then (which I agree with - Okung, Bulaga and Williams will be gone). If any of those three are there and the Bills pass, then they truly, truly deserve the hell that is coming to them when the games start.

I pray he's wrong about that. As much as certain people in the front office loved Demetrius Bell -- they think he can be another Peters, but hopefully without the lousy attitude -- fact remains that he's a.) incredibly raw at the position, and b.) rehabbing an ACL tear. Not a good combo for your blindside pass protector, in my opinion.

Agreed.

One would hope that its simply pre-draft posturing to the media, with Nix attempting to act nonchalant about the LT position in order to hopefully drive some talent down to the Bills picks.

We'll see in about a week.

And also the least likely to succeed in Buffalo. Weakest arm, played on the most loaded team, never had to read a defense, and looked like a scrub when he faced a good defensive team. If he can't move the ball against Nebraska, he won't be able to move it against anyone in the pros.

My concern about him is the same as it was for Breese. I've only seen Breese play a couple of times in weather (Chicago is the game that sticks out) and he was pretty terrible. I like all of the other things about him.

My concern about him is the same as it was for Breese. I've only seen Breese play a couple of times in weather (Chicago is the game that sticks out) and he was pretty terrible. I like all of the other things about him.

Brees chucked it all over the place in snow-filled stadiums when he was at Purdue. I remember him running an offense that featured 4 and 5 WRs and it seemed like 2-3 of them were open on every play.

Unless your QB is a mobile lefty :lol:

Brees chucked it all over the place in snow-filled stadiums when he was at Purdue. I remember him running an offense that featured 4 and 5 WRs and it seemed like 2-3 of them were open on every play.

I don't look at it the same way. College football is very offense oriented - defenses for the most part are way behind (there are obvious exceptions like Alabama). There's a reason the spread works on Saturdays and not on Sundays.

I don't look at it the same way. College football is very offense oriented - defenses for the most part are way behind (there are obvious exceptions like Alabama). There's a reason the spread works on Saturdays and not on Sundays.

I don't disagree with that. My point was just that with Brees, there was at least a fair amount of game tape of him lighting it up in the snow - not so with McCoy.

Unless your QB is a mobile lefty :lol:

In which case he'd have the immortal Cornell Green covering his backside. Not sure I'm down with that plan, either.

And the two names which immediately spring to mind in that scenario both frighten me.

The article is very cryptic and somewhat odd. The only rational reason the Bills have for passing on a LT at 9 is because they think that the top LTs will be off of the board by then (which I agree with - Okung, Bulaga and Williams will be gone). If any of those three are there and the Bills pass, then they truly, truly deserve the hell that is coming to them when the games start.

What if they believe that Bulaga or Trent Williams are only very good RTs but not LTs?