Nolan Nawrocki's (PFW) latest

Estro

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/1...up-draft-boards

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...t-value-chart-2

Quick thoughts:

1) For those who think Demaryius Thomas may be an option in Round 2, not looking good. It's iffy whether or not he get's past pick #23 at this point.

2) For those thinking Tyson Alualu is a 3rd round prospect, once again appears he'll be gone by the middle-late 2nd at worst.

3) Not down on Clausen, but also not really high on him, especially as a top 10 pick. I'm not going to let 55 passes in shorts and what most say was an impressive Pro Day sway my judgement. Ryan Mallett, who should've come out this year is 2 times the prospect Clausen is.

4) With a possible run on offensive tackles (3 or 4) before we pick and the possibility of Clausen being off the board, a player that the Bills have rated as one their top 5 prospects likely falls to them at 9. Whether it's Spiller or D. Morgan remains to be seen, but I'd be real happy with Morgan.

Another note:

One player who has been warming up tp me is Eric Norwood - OLB - South Carolina. I originally wasn't impressed with his size and saw him more as a one trick pony in rushing the QB, but I think he's got game. He's built and plays a lot like Lamarr Woodley of the Steelers, but I think he's more athletic than Woodley. I happen to think he'll be a productive player in a 3-4 system. He also fits in with Nix's whole philosophy of playing at a high level over a sustained amount of time.

He'd be a bit of a reach at pick #41, but I don't see him making it to our 3rd round pick. Look out for the Bills make an Andy Levitre type move back into the middle/late 2nd round to nab Norwood. This team is needy at OLB and if they dont get one with pick #1, I think Eric Norwood would make a lot of sense.

Too many holes in the mock to buy into it (McClain getting past the Giants, CJ Spiller to Oakland (although with Al, I suppose anything's possible), Parcells drafting D. Thomas #12 overall? possible I suppose), but I love the draft chart, thanks for posting it.

Too many holes in the mock to buy into it (McClain getting past the Giants, CJ Spiller to Oakland (although with Al, I suppose anything's possible), Parcells drafting D. Thomas #12 overall? possible I suppose), but I love the draft chart, thanks for posting it.

Take a look at Rolando McClain's highlight/lowlight reel on youtube. I know a 5 minute clip doesn't show what a player is all about, but it does give you an idea. McClain is a thin hipped, slower ILB who is not very stout against the run. Offensive lineman seem to easily locate and block McClain and rarely does McClain beat lineman to the ball. I was once very high on McClain, but after watching him closer I think he's a late 1st round prospect. Don't forget ILB's are notoriously not very high on the priority list.

He's got the name, but I think his game is overhyped.

I think Donald Butler and Brandon Spikes become better NFL ILB's than McClain.

Take a look at Rolando McClain's highlight/lowlight reel on youtube. I know a 5 minute clip doesn't show what a player is all about, but it does give you an idea. McClain is a thin hipped, slower ILB who is not very stout against the run. Offensive lineman seem to easily locate and block McClain and rarely does McClain beat lineman to the ball. I was once very high on McClain, but after watching him closer I think he's a late 1st round prospect. Don't forget ILB's are notoriously not very high on the priority list.

He's got the name, but I think his game is overhyped.

I think Donald Butler and Brandon Spikes become better NFL ILB's than McClain.

Perhaps, I'm certainly no scout. But everything I've heard has him going before NYG can draft him, and that they would consider moving up to get him. Could all be smoke and mirrors of course, but that defense was horrible last year and could certainly use the help in the LB corps.

And...he doesn't gouge out eyes at the bottom of piles. Not that we know of, of course.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/1...up-draft-boards

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...t-value-chart-2

Quick thoughts:

1) For those who think Demaryius Thomas may be an option in Round 2, not looking good. It's iffy whether or not he get's past pick #23 at this point.

2) For those thinking Tyson Alualu is a 3rd round prospect, once again appears he'll be gone by the middle-late 2nd at worst.

3) Not down on Clausen, but also not really high on him, especially as a top 10 pick. I'm not going to let 55 passes in shorts and what most say was an impressive Pro Day sway my judgement. Ryan Mallett, who should've come out this year is 2 times the prospect Clausen is.

4) With a possible run on offensive tackles (3 or 4) before we pick and the possibility of Clausen being off the board, a player that the Bills have rated as one their top 5 prospects likely falls to them at 9. Whether it's Spiller or D. Morgan remains to be seen, but I'd be real happy with Morgan.

I'm hoping they grab Morgan even if Clausen is there.

Yeah, Narwocki has been pretty accurate.

Narwocki says UBs James Starks has injury and mental issues. First, his injury was a shoulder. He's 100% from the waist down, so I don't see that affecting a RB. Second, I followed the kid for 3 years. I am not aware of any mental or intelligence issues Nawrocki is referring to. You can't be a dummy and go to UB. They have no basket weaving majors like a lot of football factories have.

PTR

I'm praying we draft offense with our 1st pick. Our defense isn't THAT bad. Our offense is worse than THAT bad.

early on i was all in for mcclain, but i am tending to agree that maybe we should go offense with the pick at nine, if we dont trade down. i think the draft is very deep with d-men everywhere, thats where i am counting on nix to deliver!

Narwocki says UBs James Starks has injury and mental issues. First, his injury was a shoulder. He's 100% from the waist down, so I don't see that affecting a RB. Second, I followed the kid for 3 years. I am not aware of any mental or intelligence issues Nawrocki is referring to. You can't be a dummy and go to UB. They have no basket weaving majors like a lot of football factories have.

PTR

I attended UB from 2003-2007. Let me be the first to say, there are plenty of joke classes that can be taken at UB. It's a great college don't get me wrong, but there are plenty of cupcake classes. I also knew a couple of guys on the football team that were pretty dumb to be honest. If Nawrocki has him listed there, he's just passing down information that he's gotten from NFL personnel, so I'm sure there is some merit to it

I'd actually be semi-surprised to see Starks drafted. I think he's more of a priority free agent. His injury that caused him to miss almost all of his senior season really killed any chance he had at being more than a late draftable prospect.

Didn't Morgan's performance, or lack thereof, against Bulaga scare you off? At least a little? He looked very ordinary in that game.

If you look at the stat lines from that game I can see where you're coming from. However, if you actually key in on Morgan he was pretty disruptive throughout the entire game. Sure Bulaga got the better of him on a few plays, but Bulaga is a legit prospect who probably get's picked in the top 10 too. Iowa's coaches also came in with a good game plan which included a lot of 3 step drops for the QB to prevent any pressure from being able to get to him.

Overall I don't think Morgan played great, but I think he played alright. He was especially stout vs. the run and you can argue Bulaga got away with illegal hands to the face a couple of plays. I especially like his effort from 8:04-8:13 in the first video where he abuses Iowa's RT Kyle Calloway who is mid round prospect.

highlights/lowlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUs6ny8Hps Morgan vs. Bulaga

I just don't know if the Bills view Morgan as being big enough to play DE ina 3-4, he's right on the borderline weight wise. Because he plays with really good leverage I think he'd be alright and I'd be really happy to see him in a Bills uniform.

early on i was all in for mcclain, but i am tending to agree that maybe we should go offense with the pick at nine, if we dont trade down. i think the draft is very deep with d-men everywhere, thats where i am counting on nix to deliver!

Exactly the Bills are not in a postion to draft a 3-4 ILB with the #9 pick. ILB's are less important than NT, DE & OLB's in the 3-4 defense. I do think we could use an upgrade at ILB, but there are much more pressing needs and McClain simply has too many question marks to warrant looks in the top 10. He is not nearly the prospect Patrick Willis was.

Donald Butler, ILB, Washington could be avialble late 2nd - early 3rd, and he's a better inside backer.

My hope is:

Trent Williams

Derrick Morgan

Brian Bulaga

C.J. Spiller

Brandon Graham

(I don't like Jimmy Clausen, anywhere in the top 15-20 picks of the draft)

in that order (assuming Bradford, Suh, McCoy and Okung are all of the board). BTW there's a good chance the top 3 guys on that list are gone so who would you rather have at #9 C.J. Spiller or Brandon Graham? Spiller's probably rated higher but Graham fits more of a need, it's a tough call.

If you look at the stat lines from that game I can see where you're coming from. However, if you actually key in on Morgan he was pretty disruptive throughout the entire game. Sure Bulaga got the better of him on a few plays, but Bulaga is a legit prospect who probably get's picked in the top 10 too. Iowa's coaches also came in with a good game plan which included a lot of 3 step drops for the QB to prevent any pressure from being able to get to him.

Overall I don't think Morgan played great, but I think he played alright. He was especially stout vs. the run and you can argue Bulaga got away with illegal hands to the face a couple of plays. I especially like his effort from 8:04-8:13 in the first video where he abuses Iowa's RT Kyle Calloway who is mid round prospect.

highlights/lowlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUs6ny8Hps Morgan vs. Bulaga

I just don't know if the Bills view Morgan as being big enough to play DE ina 3-4, he's right on the borderline weight wise. Because he plays with really good leverage I think he'd be alright and I'd be really happy to see him in a Bills uniform.

I didn't need to see the stat line as I saw the whole game. It didn't seem like Morgan knew when to spin, when to power or when to speed. He was fairly invisible.

I appreciate your effort in posting the Youtubes. The play on Calloway was at the end of a broken pocket. Can Morgan get to the pocket?? I'm not sure.

PTR

They might not have basket weaving but they do have a Computer aided Statistics course that I took with a bunch of football players that earned me an easy A. Granted this was back in the Joe Freedy days.

I really like CLausen I think he will do very well. McClain I have been on record for a while saying he is hyped. Eric Norwood rocks, im not buying him falling any later than mid2.

I wouldnt draft Spiller in the 2nd.

I really like CLausen I think he will do very well. McClain I have been on record for a while saying he is hyped. Eric Norwood rocks, im not buying him falling any later than mid2.

I wouldnt draft Spiller in the 2nd.

I'm warming up to Norwoord, and I agree if the Bills liek him they must consider him at #41 because he won't be there at #72.

As far as Spiller in the 2nd, you'll never have to worry that, because he'd never ever last that long. Spiller's not a lock for the top 10, but he is a lock for the top 20. Not an area of need for the Bills for sure, but he'd give our offense a home run threat that we haven't had in a long time.