Rick Gosselin's Mocks to come out starting this Sunday

Well, you had a decent run Mr. Gosselin, but you are not going to be near the top if you believe this is what's going to happen. Probably more near the bottom.

Washington still takes Jimmy Clausen? Uhhhhhh, no. McNabb is going to be their guy for the next 4 years atleast. The #4 pick is going to go to a QB that will ride the pine that long and Chris Samuels just retired?

Raiders take Kyle Wilson? Uhhhhhh, no.

Dan Williams is a possibility, but I don't think it will happen. Too many other impact players left on the board. I think we take Spiller before we take Dan Williams.

Ryan Matthews to the Dolphins? Not happening.

Gronkowski in the first round with all of the injury problems, especially a back injury? I don't see it.

Arizona will not take a WR. They have Fitz, Breaston, Doucet, and 3 other WR's.

Dez Bryant is not going to last until #27 and the Cowboys are not going WR in the first with Austin, RW's big money contract, and Ogletree on the rise in "Big D". They also still have Sam Hurd and Patrick Crayton. Not happening.

The Chargers are iffy. They traded Cromartie which likely means they believe in someone else being able to do an adequate job. I think they need more help at RB and NT versus a Rd.1 CB.

The Jets are not going to take a CB in the 1st after just trading for Cromartie. Get real.

All of those differences shake up his entire mock. It won't be pretty. :rolleyes:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you had a decent run Mr. Gosselin, but you are not going to be near the top if you believe this is what's going to happen. Probably more near the bottom.

Washington still takes Jimmy Clausen? Uhhhhhh, no. McNabb is going to be their guy for the next 4 years atleast. The #4 pick is going to go to a QB that will ride the pine that long and Chris Samuels just retired?

Raiders take Kyle Wilson? Uhhhhhh, no.

Dan Williams is a possibility, but I don't think it will happen. Too many other impact players left on the board. I think we take Spiller before we take Dan Williams.

Ryan Matthews to the Dolphins? Not happening.

Gronkowski in the first round with all of the injury problems, especially a back injury? I don't see it.

Arizona will not take a WR. They have Fitz, Breaston, Doucet, and 3 other WR's.

Dez Bryant is not going to last until #27 and the Cowboys are not going WR in the first with Austin, RW's big money contract, and Ogletree on the rise in "Big D". They also still have Sam Hurd and Patrick Crayton. Not happening.

The Chargers are iffy. They traded Cromartie which likely means they believe in someone else being able to do an adequate job. I think they need more help at RB and NT versus a Rd.1 CB.

The Jets are not going to take a CB in the 1st after just trading for Cromartie. Get real.

All of those differences shake up his entire mock. It won't be pretty. :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't his first two gimmicky all bpa, or all team need and the third is his actual this is how I think it'll play out?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't his first two gimmicky all bpa, or all team need and the third is his actual this is how I think it'll play out?

That would explain a lot.

Yes, Gosselin's and I think also, Nolan Nawrocki's final Mock Drafts are heavily weighted by their discussions with scouts and GMs.

yes

I have found his 1st mock to be o.k. and the second way off and the final one is his "real" prediction

If the bills take a DB when we have so many other blatent needs I am gonna need a new TV the day after the draft......

And I cannot find any NFL drafnic or analyst that says Jimmie Clausen is a 2nd round pick (I am not sure if that is what you meant)

Clausen is better then anything we have on this roster right now.....and while Bradford might be better by the end Clausen will be better out the gate.

I just dont see anything in Clausen's game that says to me.....you need to dock points for that. I dont take attitude points away for wearing a creepy looking hair cut or a thong at the lake.

Now...all of this is assuming that a OT I like doesn't fall because I know we need linemen.

"Clausen is better then anything we have on this roster right now.."

you must be basing this conclusion on all of the NFL games Clausen has played in :thumbsup:

Clausen is no better than Brady Quinn, but with a better PR dept and a weak QB class.

he may have physical tools but there is no proof he can handle the mental part of the game.

his physical tools also do not include being able to consistently escape elite pass rushers who will be abusing our non-existent OTs.

Clausen is no better than Brady Quinn, but with a better PR dept and a weak QB class.

What better PR people are you talking about? And This is a better QB class than the one with Quinn. At least this draft has bradford who actually has more promise than jamarcus russel. The best QBs in Quinn's draft turned out to be Kolb and maybe edwards. Edwards sucks and Kolb's jury is still out.

What better PR people are you talking about? And This is a better QB class than the one with Quinn. At least this draft has bradford who actually has more promise than jamarcus russel. The best QBs in Quinn's draft turned out to be Kolb and maybe edwards. Edwards sucks and Kolb's jury is still out.

the 2010 QB class is weak

Clausen is talked about as top 10 pick because the usual suspects are even worse, but the media need to hype some QBs in to the top of draft

It's similar to when Joey H came out-

and we know how that turned out

"Clausen is better then anything we have on this roster right now.."

you must be basing this conclusion on all of the NFL games Clausen has played in <_<

he may have physical tools but there is no proof he can handle the mental part of the game.

his physical tools also do not include being able to consistently escape elite pass rushers who will be abusing our non-existent OTs.

My guess is he is basing this off of the high completion percentage, great td to int ratio, numerous comebacks, and generally improved stats as he matured.... all while playing on an injured foot, with less then stellar help in the backfield. Not saying he's a future HOF but there are a few reasons to believe he miiiight be better then Joey harrington, or Brady Quinn. On the flipside, those guys wouldn't have been there unless someone thought they were better then Ryan leaf or akili smith. Anyone that speaks about qbs 100% good or bad in the draft is silly. I don't know if the maturity issues are real or not, and outside of a handul of people, no one will for awhile. Just like he might be getting hyped in a bad class, he might be getting knocked because they can't find solid cons on the game film. Media needs a story -- they will exaggerate to fill voids, a void of franchise qbs, or a void of drama when evaluating them. I think the only thing people love more them watching an underdog win is maybe someone given things too easily lose (ahem star qb at notre dame that just can't be perfect). I think that clausen has potential to play really well. If the maturity issues pop up ala Ryan leaf things could get ugly though. I won't lie, there are a few red flags but I also haven't researched like teams will when it comes to things like the black eye. I would like to hear more about his on field flaws then maturity tho at this point...

Thanks for posting.

Maybe I missed him but I think the DT from North Carolina, Cam Thomas, didn't make Gosselin's Top 100.

You are correct, no Cam Thomas. Tebow is #67 No Colt McCoy either which is no big suprise here. I thought that #8 was a little high for DT Dan Williams.

here is his final mock draft

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ck.3cacf47.html

he has us taking dan williams

My own prediction is the same EXCEPT if Bulaga is there. It will be an interesting/exciting 10 minutes tonight if Dan Williams (very likely), Jimmy Clausen (likely) and Bulaga (unlikely) are all that for the Bills pick.

Any of them are fine with me - I would take the OT however,