47% will pay zero federal income taxes

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15%. I paid 11% last year. What is another 5%. We don't want to confuse it with tithe. :rolleyes:

Another 5% is actually a 50% increase. You can send in a check for the additional 5% they'd surely accept it. I'll stick with my 10% and seeing I don't tithe I don't think I'd be confused.

I'm really starting to believe that he's not stupid, just mentally challenged.

Kind of sad really.

I'm torn, really. Sometimes I can't believe what a moran he is, and something I think he's just screwing around with us because there's no way a person could be that much of a moran, and still get through each day, find a computer, log on, and post here without first being hit by a bus or falling down a flight of stairs or choking on a meatball.

I know some people here question God's existence, but I ask you this: if conner is a real person and there is no God, how do you explain that he manages to survive so many days in succession?

It's got divine intervention written all over it.

I'm torn, really. Sometimes I can't believe what a moran he is, and something I think he's just screwing around with us because there's no way a person could be that much of a moran, and still get through each day, find a computer, log on, and post here without first being hit by a bus or falling down a flight of stairs or choking on a meatball.

I know some people here question God's existence, but I ask you this: if conner is a real person and there is no God, how do you explain that he manages to survive so many days in succession?

It's got divine intervention written all over it.

Maybe he's the Messiah?

But regardless, if he is playing a moran, i don't think he can be topped.

10% flat tax on all income for everyone no deductions. Done. Next question.

That's a bit too low. Realistically 15% - 18% is more appropriate to support the gov't needs.

The biggest problem I see with a flat tax is implementation. Initially, the government has to collect the same amount of revenue. So implementing a flat tax creates some humungous winners and losers. If the flat tax rate is 15%, everyone with an effectiv tax rate greater than that is an instant winner. But someone has to be a big loser in this in order to balance the total tax revenue. Probably includes everyone making between 50k and 200k per year having their taxes go up in order for everyone above 200k to have a huge tax cut. The more you make the larger the tax cut you get.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

If the goal is tax simplification, you could accomplish it with several tiers. In other words, no deductions, but income brackets of 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, etc. You could still pay your income tax on the back of a postcard, but you wouldn't have every millionaire getting a huge tax cut paid for by the middle class.

The biggest problem I see with a flat tax is implementation. Initially, the government has to collect the same amount of revenue. So implementing a flat tax creates some humungous winners and losers. If the flat tax rate is 15%, everyone with an effectiv tax rate greater than that is an instant winner. But someone has to be a big loser in this in order to balance the total tax revenue. Probably includes everyone making between 50k and 200k per year having their taxes go up in order for everyone above 200k to have a huge tax cut. The more you make the larger the tax cut you get.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

If the goal is tax simplification, you could accomplish it with several tiers. In other words, no deductions, but income brackets of 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, etc. You could still pay your income tax on the back of a postcard, but you wouldn't have every millionaire getting a huge tax cut paid for by the middle class.

That's because originally the tax system was incorrectly done. Had there always been a flat tax, there wouldn't be big winners and losers once the "new flat tax" would switch the old method.

The real argument is economists favorite which is the marginal benefit of one extra dollar by a wealthy person in comparison to a poor person.

Of course I don't subscribe to this argument since I live in a country where you're taxed to death.

The real argument is economists favorite which is the marginal benefit of one extra dollar by a wealthy person in comparison to a poor person.

Of course I don't subscribe to this argument since I live in a country where you're taxed to death.

Here is a switch... Can you explain this a little clearer... :flirt:

I think I know what you are getting at, but want to be sure before I comment further. <_<

Here is a switch... Can you explain this a little clearer... :flirt:

I think I know what you are getting at, but want to be sure before I comment further. <_<

If I have 1 M in my bank account and you have 100 dollars in your bank account, the benefit of making 1 extra dollar will be a lot higher for you than for me because I have 1M and you have 100D.

*I'm tired so i explained it rather quickly and crudely.*

If I have 1 M in my bank account and you have 100 dollars in your bank account, the benefit of making 1 extra dollar will be a lot higher for you than for me because I have 1M and you have 100D.

*I'm tired so i explained it rather quickly and crudely.*

And you don't subscribe to this argument. Of course it the benefit is greater for the poor. They gotta feed themselves and do what is needed to barely survive.

And you don't subscribe to this argument. Of course it the benefit is greater for the poor. They gotta feed themselves and do what is needed to barely survive.

I'm saying personal benefit.

As in, for me to pay 1$ more for a soda will piss me off less than someone who has 10 times my income.

Of course I understand the concept, but that doesn't mean I have to agree. One thing I've noticed is that wealthier people actually tend to be more frugal. One reason why they're in that position to begin with.

I'm saying personal benefit.

As in, for me to pay 1$ more for a soda will piss me off less than someone who has 10 times my income.

Of course I understand the concept, but that doesn't mean I have to agree. One thing I've noticed is that wealthier people actually tend to be more frugal. One reason why they're in that position to begin with.

True.

And in the years they made a profit, they paid taxes. Duh!

:flirt:

Yes, because there's no possible way that a company could exist if it never made a profit. I just love when ignorant, minimum wage hippies attempt to discuss business issues.

<_<

If you actually know how to find that information, go ahead and provide the list of the majority of the Fortune 500 that don't pay any income taxes.

1. I never said "majority of the Fortune 500" (where did you get that from? when did I mention fortune 500 at all?)

2. If I prove you wrong, will you admit you are wrong?

1. I never said "majority of the Fortune 500" (where did you get that from? when did I mention fortune 500 at all?)

2. If I prove you wrong, will you admit you are wrong?

You said "Most major corporations don't pay any taxes" you ignorant squirrel. Go ahead and define the population yourself then and provide the appropriate support for the claim.

Hello generic brainless PPP poster. I am well away you have no functional nervous system, and I need no further proof of this. But, perhaps the rest of your generic PPP moron friends needed this information? GM not making a profit in 2009 does not mean they have never made a profit. If they have never made a profit, then certainly they would not exist.

Additionally GM served as an example in my post. There is a long list of corporations that pay no taxes in the USA. I know you don't know what the word "example" means, because you have no nervous system. So I won't hold it against you that you don't understand such things.

I can't believe this stupid schit was left standing after this stupid, ignorant post. Who "owns" public corporations and where do the profits go? Who pays taxes on the profits? Figure this one out Conner and you may understand why most people here make fun of your high level of assmudgeonry.

I can't believe this stupid schit was left standing after this stupid, ignorant post. Who "owns" public corporations and where do the profits go? Who pays taxes on the profits? Figure this one out Conner and you may understand why most people here make fun of your high level of assmudgeonry.

The reason for the delay is that Whack-a-mole gets old.