Chris Brown on NFL.com plays GM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm in the minority. I don't like Bulaga. He seems to be a bull in the run game, but his pass protection is suspect. I see far too many college D ends getting the edge on him and just barely missing the QB (go watch even youtube "highlight" videos), the NFL ends will take the edge. I just don't think he's a top 10 pick, and in my opinion light years away from safe.

People rave about Bulaga's ability to keep the best DE in the draft, Derrick Morgan, in check. So I'm not sure where you're getting DEs getting the edge on him. In looking at PFW Value Chart, Draft Countdown 2010 Draft Top Overall, NFL.com Draft Tracker, and ESPN/Scout's Inc. all list Bulaga in the upper echelon talent so if he's there again it seems like a no brainer to take him. Of course I'd prefer Okung but also wouldn't mind Trent Williams. As he's gotten similar grades to Bulaga but seems a tad lower which might mean a better chance at getting him at #9.

Lombardi and Casserly said that all of the NFL people they've talked said he was probably going to end up being a right tackle. That his LT production on the college level will not translate to that of the pros. His stock is falling and he'll probably be there at #9 for good reason. The Bills should not be drafting a right tackle as a top ten pick. They need to either draft the best player available or try to trade back.

Exactly.

I have several issues with this thread:

1) Talking about Bulaga at 9 is almost useless. He's not going to be there. As many as 4 OTs could go in the top 8 picks, and one of them will certainly be Bulaga.

2) The arm length thing is totally overblown. Bulaga's arm length is 33.25", which is almost identical to guys like Joe Thomas, David Diehl, Chris Samuels, Jason Peters, Matt Light, Jordan Gross, and Chad Clifton, all of whom have been Pro Bowl and All-Pro selections.

3) Anyone that says Bulaga can't play LT hasn't seen him play. Just because a guy has a nasty streak doesn't mean he can't play the left side. He is quite accomplished in pass protection, and will likely start at LT for some team in his rookie year.

Lastly, here's a nice article from Nolan Nawrocki of PFW on the subject of arm length. Unfortunately, Nawrocki tries to show that there's a correlation b/w arm length and success as an NFL tackle, but does more to prove himself wrong than right:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/04/1...ate-olt-success

Lombardi and Casserly said that all of the NFL people they've talked said he was probably going to end up being a right tackle. That his LT production on the college level will not translate to that of the pros. His stock is falling and he'll probably be there at #9 for good reason. The Bills should not be drafting a right tackle as a top ten pick. They need to either draft the best player available or try to trade back.

I don't think you have to worry about it, as Bulaga will be drafted as a LT in the top 6 picks.

Short arms my ass.

You guys read too much into stats and whatnot.

Turn on the tape, the guy can play, has a mean streak, finishes blocks.

If he has to play guard, so be it , then you go into the second round and draft a LT, or even the 3 rd.

I would take him at #9 and you upgrade your line.

:thumbsup: I think more than 50% of Bills fans would agree!

You have to ask yourself, Why would the Ravens trade away Gaither after two years if he's so good? Also, according to the only thing I've read about the situation is that he has a poor work ethic and the trade rumor was a ploy by the Ravens to get his butt into the off season program.

Thurman Thomas had a bad knee and was following Barry Sanders.

Wasn't Barry Sanders Thurmans backup???

'just sayin

You're right about the sequence. I've long thought one of the more interesting things about TT's talent was that he kept Barry freakin' Sanders on the bench. Now that's something.

You're right about the sequence. I've long thought one of the more interesting things about TT's talent was that he kept Barry freakin' Sanders on the bench. Now that's something.

TT---great back. HOFer. Not even close to Barry talent-wise. Sanders was a once in a lifetime RB. If you saw both you would agree.

Opinions differ. But if he really does project as a RT, you wouldn't see him going in the top-ten in every mock.

Seriously, that site wants us to watch an ad before finding out who each team picked?

Worst mock draft format ever. To find out who your team mock picked, just sit through a 15-second ad, then another 15 seconds of "with the XX pick in the NFL draft, the Wherever Whatevers select...", and then you'll know. And to find out who they "passed up", just do the same for every team in front of them! That's much better than just putting the name somewhere where you can read it.

I was watching the NFL channel yesterday and there is a growing feeling that Bulaga is another Robert Gallery. Another Iowa tackle who was coached up in college better than he will end up being at the NFL level. They said that many GMs feel he will end up as a RT.

Picking a RT at #9 would not be a smart move. The Bills need to get an impact "pro bowl" type player at the top ten spot. Hopefully the Bills will get to select Williams, draft another position (Clausen, Kindle, Spiller, Bryant, Morgan?) or attempt to trade back in the first and pick Iupati.

Just say no to a RT at #9.

That's good research those guys at the NFL network are doing. He went to Iowa thus he must be Gallery. Not Mike Goff or Eric Steinbach who had really good careers.

Bulaga is 20 years old. Gallery was about to turn 24 when he was drafted. Obviously, 20 years olds have no room for growth. :unsure:

If Bulaga is there, you jump on him. Then you find a way to get Mount Cody. In the 3rd get Arthur Jones and trade a 4th for Jason Campbell and give him a trial run for a year. If the Bills and him stumble, you get a chance to draft real franchise QBs next year (Locker, Mallet, and probably Pryor).

Those guys are out of the NFL GMs. What sense does it make for a NFL time to tip their caps to the media? If they do, they are doing a huge diservice to their teams.

After the season and combine, Bulaga was an easy top 10. The only reason he is falling is because draft nerds are bored and having nothing better to do than overanalyze everything.

I could live with that!

Hopefully without the injuries and brain farts that happen to Peters quite often. An oline of Bulaga-Levitre-Hang-Wood-Meredith with hopefully another year of development of Bell and Brown as backups sounds really good to me.