Chris Brown on NFL.com plays GM

Unless a stud LT is there at #9, I don't have a problem picking the most talented RT in the draft--knowing that it's possible he actually ends up being the LT. Remember: the Bills have HUGE holes to fill. You do it one pick at a time. Beluga sounds like a mean tough O-lineman. The Bills are in desperate need of tackles. IF you can pick a guy to fill that spot and suffer another year with a journeyman at LT, so be it. This rebuilding won't be done in a single draft and I like the sound of Wood, Levitre, Beluga as a core for a line even if the vital LT spot is still open.

And I'll say it again: how can you not love a lineman named Beluga. Bills fans will flock to the jersey shop the second he's drafted.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People rave about Bulaga's ability to keep the best DE in the draft, Derrick Morgan, in check. So I'm not sure where you're getting DEs getting the edge on him. In looking at PFW Value Chart, Draft Countdown 2010 Draft Top Overall, NFL.com Draft Tracker, and ESPN/Scout's Inc. all list Bulaga in the upper echelon talent so if he's there again it seems like a no brainer to take him. Of course I'd prefer Okung but also wouldn't mind Trent Williams. As he's gotten similar grades to Bulaga but seems a tad lower which might mean a better chance at getting him at #9.

Ok, you're not a very good reader. I'm not sure why your not sure where I'm getting that DE's get the edge on him. I couldn't have been more clear. But your one of those guys that reads to form his opinion, instead of doing a little looking for himself. For every article you find raving about him, I can find one that downgrades him. What does that mean? Do your own research.

Oh please, other than Tim Tebow, I'd say about 90% of the people on this board are basing their opinion of players on what they've read because they've never seen them play. Not a lot of college football gurus here at TSW, that's for sure. If you have the time to follow college football as much as the Buffalo Bills and the NFL than you need to get a life.

:lol:

O rly???

It doesn't take a guru to simply say, " I don't watch much College Football, so I don't know much about him."

Sounds better than " Ooh, ooh, I was watching these guys on this channel and they said this guy won't cut it, so obviously he isn't good enough...".

Get real. :thumbsup:

I have several issues with this thread:

1) Talking about Bulaga at 9 is almost useless. He's not going to be there. As many as 4 OTs could go in the top 8 picks, and one of them will certainly be Bulaga.

2) The arm length thing is totally overblown. Bulaga's arm length is 33.25", which is almost identical to guys like Joe Thomas, David Diehl, Chris Samuels, Jason Peters, Matt Light, Jordan Gross, and Chad Clifton, all of whom have been Pro Bowl and All-Pro selections.

3) Anyone that says Bulaga can't play LT hasn't seen him play. Just because a guy has a nasty streak doesn't mean he can't play the left side. He is quite accomplished in pass protection, and will likely start at LT for some team in his rookie year.

Lastly, here's a nice article from Nolan Nawrocki of PFW on the subject of arm length. Unfortunately, Nawrocki tries to show that there's a correlation b/w arm length and success as an NFL tackle, but does more to prove himself wrong than right:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/04/1...ate-olt-success

You still think Bulaga will be gone by #9? And you think he's an LT of the future? What about the other top four LT's (forget Okung - he'll be long gone)?