Trade two picks away

2nd for gaither, 4th for Campbell. Trade down in the first, pick up Cody or whomever Nix feels the best NT is.

With the trade down we should have 2 ( *edit* 3rd) round picks. Get the best two pass rushers (DE and OLB) available.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd for gaither, 4th for Campbell. Trade down in the first, pick up Cody or whomever Nix feels the best NT is.

With the trade down we should have 2 second round picks. Get the best two pass rushers (DE and OLB) available.

I can not disagree with any thing you just said.

if only it were that easy

With the trade down we should have 2 second round picks. Get the best two pass rushers (DE and OLB) available.

The only part I don't get is where the second rd 2 pick comes from. I get that if we're lucky we could trade #9 for a 1st and a 2nd, but where does the other 2nd come from?

And if Clausen's available at #9 and we already have Gaither do you pass on him?

Okay. I can't find a ton of fault with this scenario. Still like to get a big nasty guard so Wood can play center.

Okay. I can't find a ton of fault with this scenario. Still like to get a big nasty guard so Wood can play center.

Iupati....he's a beast...but no...not for us...Hangartner did alright this season...don't know why everyone's so down on him...he gave up all of 1 and half sacks last season...

This entire scenario looks blah to me...I like the Gaither trade...but only if you can't trade up for Bulaga...and Campbell?...why not just stick with Trentative they are the same lol...both don't go downfield as much as these crazy bills fans like...anyhow...

I wouldn't mind though...grabbing Gaither and finding a way to snag up Cody or even trading down further and getting Linval Joseph...plus a late round QB project...for fun...

I like Gaither...not a bad move, Trading a 4th for Campbell would be giving away a draft pick. Keep the 4th and offer the Ravens a 5th for Troy Smith we will get much better value. If a deal is made for Campbell. That would tell me that Nix and Gailey just hasn't watched film on this guy and will be picking very high in next years draft just as the Redskins are this season. Keep in mind during Campbell's tenure with the Redskins the Redskins had very high rated defenses and he still could not produce point to win low scoring games. Most fans in DC feel that Campbell was the reason the Redskins couldn't win.

They're right.

I posted this in the Gaither thread. I'm beginning to agree.

I'd hate parting with a draft pick, after all it's fun to speculate who might be picked with the pick you give up.

However, in the last ten minutes I'm beginning to see the light that could change the direction of the Bills franchise.

#1. Trade 2nd round pick for Gaither

#2 See if the Redskins would take a 5th for QB Jason Campbell (or a 5th and a player, etc.)

Keep in mind during Campbell's tenure with the Redskins the Redskins had very high rated defenses and he still could produce point to win low scoring games. Most fans in DC feel that Campbell was the reason the Redskins couldn't win.

They're right.

Most fans in DC are just pissed that their owner doesn't know how to run a team as far as selecting players. Neither does ours.

Stats do lie a lot of the time and I'm not going to make a huge argument for getting Campbell at any cost. However, he had his best numbers by far as a pro in 2009 and the Skins won four games (vs. eight in 2008 and nine in 2007). And he showed big improvement in each of those three seasons. There has to be another factor for the worsening record: lack of running game, different coaches/coordinators, etc.

The only thing I can definitively say is that his numbers are consistently better than Losman or Edwards, and are his stats are improving.

I'd rather give up a 5th for Troy Smith, but other than that, sure.

The only part I don't get is where the second rd 2 pick comes from. I get that if we're lucky we could trade #9 for a 1st and a 2nd, but where does the other 2nd come from?

And if Clausen's available at #9 and we already have Gaither do you pass on him?

You're right, the OP created an extra 2nd rd pick. We currently only have one, and in this scenario you trade it to B'more, leaving us w/ zero. Then you trade down, and get a lower 1st and a 2nd (which brings us back to having 1 2nd rd pick...).

To answer your question Re: Claussen, I wouldn't but then again Clausen is like Tebow -- Everyone has a strong opinion one way or the other.

He had Flacco beat in camp until his unfortunate "illness". I'm not saying he's an absolute starter at QB, but for a 5th, it would be a bargain for sure. To me, there's more upside grabbing him for a 5th than there is Campbell for a 4th.

I also admit to being an OSU fan, so..... :thumbsup:

Gaither isn't going anywhere. The Ravens want him and aren't giving him up.

Campbell ... Meh.

Iupati....he's a beast...but no...not for us...Hangartner did alright this season...don't know why everyone's so down on him...he gave up all of 1 and half sacks last season...

This entire scenario looks blah to me...I like the Gaither trade...but only if you can't trade up for Bulaga...and Campbell?...why not just stick with Trentative they are the same lol...both don't go downfield as much as these crazy bills fans like...anyhow...

I wouldn't mind though...grabbing Gaither and finding a way to snag up Cody or even trading down further and getting Linval Joseph...plus a late round QB project...for fun...

About Hangartner, take a look at this: http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

He had Flacco beat in camp until his unfortunate "illness". I'm not saying he's an absolute starter at QB, but for a 5th, it would be a bargain for sure. To me, there's more upside grabbing him for a 5th than there is Campbell for a 4th.

We need all the help we can get right now at QB, and gailey likes scrambling QBs so, I would be OK with this

Not from what I saw, although he managed to play all 16 games which was a rare feat for a Bills O linemen last season.

He was rated 27th out of 34 and he allowed 4 sacks - 4 penalties -16 QB pressures and stunk at pass blocking, worst in the league.

Stating that, I'm not ready to crucify him just yet, considering the player changes and inexperience of the players around him. After all it is a team game and that line had zero continuity.

Most fans in DC are just pissed that their owner doesn't know how to run a team as far as selecting players. Neither does ours.

Stats do lie a lot of the time and I'm not going to make a huge argument for getting Campbell at any cost. However, he had his best numbers by far as a pro in 2009 and the Skins won four games (vs. eight in 2008 and nine in 2007). And he showed big improvement in each of those three seasons. There has to be another factor for the worsening record: lack of running game, different coaches/coordinators, etc.

The only thing I can definitively say is that his numbers are consistently better than Losman or Edwards, and are his stats are improving.

Stats do not mean much in this case. Campbell simply does not get it. He is erratic, usually fails in the clutch, and is a very poor decision maker. The Skins ran a west coast offense designed to rack up passing stats. Look at the wins during his tenure. They had many problems, but QB play was chief among them. Why do you think there was no long term contract offer? Why the play for McNab? Jason Campbell is a career back up at best. The Bills already have three of those - do not need another.

Ahhhhh....the truth comes out! I have a friend who is the opposite; a HUGE OSU fan who wouldn't touch an OSU QB in the NFL with a 50-ft pole!

If Troy Smith was available for a 7th or on waivers I might look into it if I were the Bills. Otherwise, he has no track record to be a starter.