Campbell

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbell has improved every year in the league and it's not like the Skins have been a steady team. The mcNabb trade was a good one for them and they had to do it. But if Campbell was available cheap (a 5th or so), I'd definitely take a flyer on him.

Unless they are 100% sold on Clausen (and I'm not), I would rather get some quality big guys in a draft loaded with them than take a QB at #9 in one of the worst QBs classes in a long time.

Campbell has improved every year in the league and it's not like the Skins have been a steady team. The mcNabb trade was a good one for them and they had to do it. But if Campbell was available cheap (a 5th or so), I'd definitely take a flyer on him.

Unless they are 100% sold on Clausen (and I'm not), I would rather get some quality big guys in a draft loaded with them than take a QB at #9 in one of the worst QBs classes in a long time.

5th? heck yes! :wallbash:

He has improved so much that Shanny says no way does this guy lead my team. You think Trent`s a dink and dunker wait till you get a look at Campbell. :wallbash:

I feel the same way. I would take Campbell for a 5th in a second and let him come in as the 4th QB and compete for the starting job. Certainly not the long term QB answer, but decent stop-gap while we take the time to straighten the lines out.

He has improved so much that Shanny says no way does this guy lead my team. You think Trent`s a dink and dunker wait till you get a look at Campbell. :wallbash:

I wouldn't necessarily label Campbell as a dink and dunker. He does throw one helluva 30 yard incompletion.

He also is a great fumbler... but calling him a dink and dunker is so one dimensional.

Campbell would be a solid #2 behind McNabb. I think he stays in DC.

I feel the same way. I would take Campbell for a 5th in a second and let him come in as the 4th QB and compete for the starting job. Certainly not the long term QB answer, but decent stop-gap while we take the time to straighten the lines out.

I live in DC. I am forced to see(not watch) Redskins games and coverage. That O-Line was worse than ours with almost just as bad the amount of injuries.

I am not a Campbell fan, I think Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams made his career. Those were his backfield in college anyone can look great with those dudes toting the ball behind you.

But Trading a 2010 4th and a conditional 2011 would not be a horrible idea.

If the Bills know they are passing on Clausen, then you're decision is do you want Pike, LeFevour or some other scrubbier "developmental" QB or Campbell.

It could make sense but I believe Campbell is a restricted free agent and he was only tendered a 1 year deal with 1st and 3rd compensatory picks if another team signs him.

Meaning no way anyone signs Campbell until the redskins rescind the offer. I'm not sure if they can just change the compensatory part and just say "Um, we mean a 4th."

Either way the Bills would have to work a deal with Campbell before finializing the trade. This means a signing bonus atleast a 3 year deal.

So do you want Pike/LeFevour/notherScrub or Campbell for 3 years 12 Million?

I just talked myself out of the Campbell deal.

he's a much better qb than anyone on our roster. fosho

His stats are better than he is. I'd rather have TE who throws three yd passes all game long, but might give you a fighting chance in the final drive, than Jason Campbell who shines when the game is out of reach and sucks when it's on the line.

I live in VA where Redskin talk dominates the airwaves and most Redskin fans wanted Todd Collins to start b/c his stretch when Campbell was injured was the best stretch the Redskins have had during Campbell's time there.

I live in DC. I am forced to see(not watch) Redskins games and coverage. That O-Line was worse than ours with almost just as bad the amount of injuries.

I am not a Campbell fan, I think Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams made his career. Those were his backfield in college anyone can look great with those dudes toting the ball behind you.

But Trading a 2010 4th and a conditional 2011 would not be a horrible idea.

If the Bills know they are passing on Clausen, then you're decision is do you want Pike, LeFevour or some other scrubbier "developmental" QB or Campbell.

It could make sense but I believe Campbell is a restricted free agent and he was only tendered a 1 year deal with 1st and 3rd compensatory picks if another team signs him.

Meaning no way anyone signs Campbell until the redskins rescind the offer. I'm not sure if they can just change the compensatory part and just say "Um, we mean a 4th."

Either way the Bills would have to work a deal with Campbell before finializing the trade. This means a signing bonus atleast a 3 year deal.

So do you want Pike/LeFevour/notherScrub or Campbell for 3 years 12 Million?

I just talked myself out of the Campbell deal.

I'mma have to go notherScrub on this one...Armanti or Skelton...Campbell sucks...I like Edwards over any of them...

It's pretty likely that Campbell will be a UFA by 2011 - he'll likely sign his RFA tender, play out the year on the bench, then go seek his fortune. So it might set him up for minimal trade value, or we could just wait a year and see where we are.

I hope not. I could see us picking him up . Skins will no doubt shop him around. Somebody`s reject to us ? Just say NO. <_<

Campbell's 2009 stats:

Passing Rushing Sacked Fumbles

G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD Sack YdsL Fum FumL

16 86.4 327 507 64.5 3618 226.1 7.1 20 15 46 236 14.8 5.1 1 43 285 11 3

A lot better than what the Bills have had for the past 3 seasons

ohh god no...! i'd hate that pick up. i dont see why all these fans r so enamored by some other teams trash. why is it everytime a team disgards some one, a bunch of fans wants to sign them. hell i even saw some posts about bulger and who was the other one i saw, ohh ya culpper! r u serious people? r we that desperate? i hope not....lol