[please fix subject]

Why is Washington out of the QB hunt? McNabb is only good for a few years, if he re-ups his contract this year. It would give Clausen a year to season. Shanahan likes gunslingers with an arm. Clausen seems to be like that. I wouldn't be so sure that they wouldn't take him. It really depends what these guys really think of Clausen. Everything is probably a smokescreen...

Agreed. It's not inconceivable that Washington grabs Clausen even after the McNabb pickup. At least that's what I'm hoping...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said along, Clausen will be long gone by the time we pick at 8. Redskins could still take him. they only have McNabb for 1 year unless they can get him to resign. Clowns could still take him. Let him ride the pine a bit. Seattle might still take him. Do you really think Pete Carroll wants to put all his eggs in the basket of a guy who hasnt' thrown a pass in 5 years? They need someone for the future too. Oakland needs a QB too. If Clausen is a mad bomber, Al loves those guys.

If he's there though, snatch him up quick.

Just food for thought but dont the redskins now have 4 qbs on there roster? why would they draft a qb so high if they have Mcnabb,cambell(possible trade bait),brennon,and sign grossmen if i remember right. i think they r set. and as far as the raiders, hmmm maybe a later qb but i think al davis is sour on the high pick of russell to do it again anythime soon..

and clevland and seatle r a crap shoot? i think w w stay pat with a left tackle and go l after a qb in the later rounds.

This is funny. A lot of posters have been upset that the bills win too many names to get the hot franchise rookie QB. Now when it looks like maybe we can due to trades and signings, it's let's get a LT instead. they are both big needs. but a QB is more important in the grand scheme of things. If Clausen is there, which I doubt, snatch him up fast.

This is funny. A lot of posters have been upset that the bills win too many names to get the hot franchise rookie QB. Now when it looks like maybe we can due to trades and signings, it's let's get a LT instead. they are both big needs. but a QB is more important in the grand scheme of things. If Clausen is there, which I doubt, snatch him up fast.

oohh dont get me wrong, i would love to get a young talented qb. bradford,claussen,mcCoy,tebow. but in the grand scheme of things im a fan and my insite doesnt matter. see while every one on here has thier opinion about which qb is this or that, i watch alot of college football during the year. and i love this class of guys comin out. almost all have been in the top 10 nationally every year, well except claussen...lol . but talented nun the less. but my question is if they pass on a qb in rnd 1. what do they have as a good starting left tacle in rnd 2? and i think thats why the f.o. will go tackle first.

Still have to worry about Cleveland. Who knows what they'll do.

More likely though...someone jumps in front of us to draft him. Won't break my heart if that happens though I would like to have Clausen. Bills have so many needs that you know they can fill 1 with the #9 choice.

Rather than jumping ahead of us to take Clausen my sense is that the strategy for this team to get better fastest is for them to trade the #9 pick to a team which wants Claussen in exchange for their 1st rounder and a package of early picks to make this deal equitable on the value chart.

The Bills do need a good QB to be a good team but they also need not only the traditional wide body at NT but a back-up there to boot. They need a starter at WR and likely two starter quality OL players to be adequate on OL.

They could desperately use another early pick or two to fill these essential non-QB needs. If all they end up with is Claussen and do not fill one of their essential needs with a 1st because they spent it on Claussen simply figure on 2010 being a wasted year of play as the Bills QB gets a year of extended training camp he needs.

There weren't that many. Cleveland picking up Delhome is one of the strangest moves I have ever seen. St.Louis is going to draft Bradford. I can understand Washington making a move for McNabb and having Campbell as the backup or moving him for a 3 round pick. Seattle has a decent QB in Hasslebeck if he can stay upright. It is not like we are siting at 24 and we think we can get him. He is a easily a top ten pick and it wouldn't surprise me if Cleveland took him and let him sit for a year or so while Delhome increases his interception completion percentage. If you watch ND games, there were a ton of long bomb completions to Tate and Floyd, maybe Oakland takes him at 8 and says goodbye to Jamarcus. Wow now there is a pick that sucked

I thought maybe Cleveland would take a chance on Clausen, then realized they picked up Seneca Wallace

this offseason, a guy who played under Holmgren in Seattle. That pick up kinda reminded me of how he

went and got Hasselbeck from Green Bay, makes me think he is the eventual starter. As for the Delhome

pickup, Holmgren is a QB guru, and probably believes he can resurrect him for a few years maybe...which

actually may contradict what I thought about Wallace.

As for the Raiders. I absolutely believe they pick Clausen if he is still available. I believe Russell may have

played his last game as a Raider if they land another QB.

I personally don't think the Raiders take JC. What immediately scared me the most after hearing about the trade is that we miss out on the chance to get a top flight LT. I still think the Lions, Skins, KC, and Raiders all pick Offensive line...JMO

And knowing this team, I wouldn't be surprised if we took Spiller...which would drive me off the deep end.

Rather than jumping ahead of us to take Clausen my sense is that the strategy for this team to get better fastest is for them to trade the #9 pick to a team which wants Claussen in exchange for their 1st rounder and a package of early picks to make this deal equitable on the value chart.

The Bills do need a good QB to be a good team but they also need not only the traditional wide body at NT but a back-up there to boot. They need a starter at WR and likely two starter quality OL players to be adequate on OL.

They could desperately use another early pick or two to fill these essential non-QB needs. If all they end up with is Claussen and do not fill one of their essential needs with a 1st because they spent it on Claussen simply figure on 2010 being a wasted year of play as the Bills QB gets a year of extended training camp he needs.

So after getting turned down by a franchise QB in McNabb to play for their team, you want the Buffalo Bills to pass on Jimmy Clausen (the only franchise QB left after Bradford) in this years draft? When exactly do the Buffalo Bills finally find the guy who replaces Jim Kelly? You should be kissing the football gods' feet if he were somehow there at #9.

Some of you people are certifiable. <_<

So after getting turned down by a franchise QB in McNabb to play for their team, you want the Buffalo Bills to pass on Jimmy Clausen (the only franchise QB left after Bradford) in this years draft? When exactly do the Buffalo Bills finally find the guy who replaces Jim Kelly? You should be kissing the football gods' feet if he were somehow there at #9.

Some of you people are certifiable. <_<

Agree 100%. More should also.

It doesn't scare anyone that none of the teams above us that have QB needs wanted nothing to do with Clausen??? Because that terrifies me.

and lets just say that Clausen is picked before #9........you will have folks saying the Bills should have moved up to get him.

if you ignore Todd McShay......Clausen is ranked as high as #4 (Kiper) to around #15......while he may not be the best available player for most teams before us, he is NOT that big of a reach at a position of our greatest need. the bills will be very fortunate if clausen is still there at #9.

It doesn't scare anyone that none of the teams above us that have QB needs wanted nothing to do with Clausen??? Because that terrifies me.

Having Trent Edwards as our starting QB terrifies me...

Take Clausen if they can find a way to protect him. We had a nice start on the OL last year, minus all of the injuries, etc. If they can find a way to either trade for a solid veteran lineman or still grab a solid/immediate impact OL in the draft. Go for it.

QBs are only good when they have time to pass.

I thought maybe Cleveland would take a chance on Clausen, then realized they picked up Seneca Wallace

this offseason, a guy who played under Holmgren in Seattle. That pick up kinda reminded me of how he

went and got Hasselbeck from Green Bay, makes me think he is the eventual starter. As for the Delhome

pickup, Holmgren is a QB guru, and probably believes he can resurrect him for a few years maybe...which

actually may contradict what I thought about Wallace.

As for the Raiders. I absolutely believe they pick Clausen if he is still available. I believe Russell may have

played his last game as a Raider if they land another QB.

I just don't see the Raiders paying another QB a big rookie contract. They already have Russell on the books....

I just don't see the Raiders paying another QB a big rookie contract. They already have Russell on the books....

Since when has Al Davis made ANY sense during the last decade? The Raiders truly are a crapshoot...I could easily see them take a QB just to push Russell (or push him out the door perhaps).

Gotta take Claussen if he is there at nine. He's got the tools, attitude and experience in the pro set. Make him the starter from day one and let Chan do his magic. Chan has made much lesser qbs look pretty good. Give him a qb like Claussen and who knows, maybe good things will start to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wed don't "gotta" do anything with Claussen. He's so good the Redskins gave up a boatload of picks instead of grabbing they guy. We need big bodies this draft and a QB later on. I see nothing in Claussen that merits a #9 pick.

Wed don't "gotta" do anything with Claussen. He's so good the Redskins gave up a boatload of picks instead of grabbing they guy. We need big bodies this draft and a QB later on. I see nothing in Claussen that merits a #9 pick.

People continue to ignore what the Bills biggest need is....QB! Without one we will get no where.

Move along, nothing to see here

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=231813

Pro style qbs with the above stat lines don't usually last until 9, The Redskins moved a 2 and 3 ( boatload???) for a multle pro bowl 33 year old QB with a few years left. As being reported everywhere, the Bills also wanted McNabb but he didn't want the Bills. I would understand why the Bills would want McNabb for that price, a proven commodity that will solidify your QB position for the next 5 years. No matter who we draft there is a wash out rate in the draft and that applies to all positions, albeit less so for OL.

I understand all those who clamour for a wide body at 9 but Claussen at 9 is absolutely not a reach.