Steve Johnson loves the new playbook

Hamden-Omon-Johnson...only the TBD brain trust could see the potential!

Wow, do you guys really think a UDFA DB in Jabari Greer and some ex-arena league back in Freddy Jackson are ever going to amount to anything? If Dick Jauron isn't putting them on the field, they aren't good enough.

(John Adams, circa 2007)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee won't know what do do when the coach tells him to run over a hash mark on a route. He's never done that before.

what kind of route was he running when trent edwards got him knocked out of the philly game a few years ago?

He started 1 year at Kentucky, then he left. He was the 31st WR selected in the draft (7th round), the 224th player overall.

Let's all calm down a bit.

Great point. By the way, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo say hi. But it's all about draft position. :thumbsup:

Maybe Chan's playbook actually includes Steve Johnson passing plays, unlike Jaurons offenses. But then again, any offensive playbook at this point has got to be better than Dickie J's "Football Offenses for Dummies" book.

Fixed that for ya. :thumbsup:

Wow, do you guys really think a UDFA DB in Jabari Greer and some ex-arena league back in Freddy Jackson are ever going to amount to anything? If Dick Jauron isn't putting them on the field, they aren't good enough.

(John Adams, circa 2007)

Get it right. I'd be thrilled to see him perform but how can the TBD GMs be excited about Steve Johnson at this point when he has never done a single thing?! 12 catches in 2 seasons and now he's the #2 WR with a huge upside? WTF?

Steve Johnson fanboys are out. How sad is our team when we pin hopes on a guy who hasn't given even a hint of being a good player. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy wasn't on the roster in August.

Saying he hasn't even shown a hint of being a good player is just plain stupid. Either you're having a bad day or your a hater.......cool

Feelings don't make him a better football player.

Why bother posting? I gave you permission to call me crazy, not to make a predictable common sense comment because he hasn't seen the field enough.

Great point. By the way, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo say hi. But it's all about draft position. :thumbsup:

That's a nice list of QBs (one RB). It would be even longer if you listed all of them twice.

Just saying that this kid has had one somewhat impressive year playing football since he left High School. He may turn out great, but many of the guys here are really making a lot out of what he has done so far, which is nearly nothing, even you have to admit.

Saying he hasn't even shown a hint of being a good player is just plain stupid. Either you're having a bad day or your a hater.......cool

12 receptions in 2 years? Sorry if I don't consider that much of a resume.

I want him to be great--don't get me wrong. But he's a nobody on this roster. He was a late draft pick and hasn't done much since being drafted. This is likely his cut year unless he decides to show up this season.

That's a nice list of QBs (one RB). It would be even longer if you listed all of them twice.

Just saying that this kid has had one somewhat impressive year playing football since he left High School. He may turn out great, but many of the guys here are really making a lot out of what he has done so far, which is nearly nothing, even you have to admit.

I agree you probably should keep your expectations in check but why can't Bills fans be excited about a player in April? Isn't that what being a fan is about? And being the best receiver in the best college conference is nothing to shake your head at.

Get it right. I'd be thrilled to see him perform but how can the TBD GMs be excited about Steve Johnson at this point when he has never done a single thing?! 12 catches in 2 seasons and now he's the #2 WR with a huge upside? WTF?

He's shown some ability in his limited time, and has looked good in preseason. The problem is, much like other young guys, jauron stubbornly refused to put the kid on the field. I'm not saying put the kid is as the #2 WR on the offense deom day 1, but i am saying that he's shown enough in his limited time to warrant more playing time and a much deeper look.

12 receptions in 2 years? Sorry if I don't consider that much of a resume.

I want him to be great--don't get me wrong. But he's a nobody on this roster. He was a late draft pick and hasn't done much since being drafted. This is likely his cut year unless he decides to show up this season.

How many opportunities in the regular season has he really had? When given the opportunity to look good--in the preseason--he excelled.

A few years ago, the Jauron coaching staff kept Fred Jackson on the bench in order to give all the carries to the A-Train. So the fact that they didn't see fit to put Steve Johnson on the field during the regular season doesn't convey much information to me. Once he starts failing to make the most of the opportunities he's given, then it would be appropriate to start talking about cutting him. So far that hasn't happened. On a team with no proven talent at WR not named Lee Evans, it makes sense to give Steve Johnson a legitimate shot to prove what he can do. A legitimate shot; not the kind of "chance" Jauron would have given him. If he messes up that chance, then maybe you think about moving in a different direction at WR.

Why bother posting? I gave you permission to call me crazy, not to make a predictable common sense comment because he hasn't seen the field enough.

In a nice way i was trying to say you're an idiot. Happy?

Hamden-Omon-Johnson...only the TBD brain trust could see the potential!

Nobody was ever serious about Hamdan and I don't remember any Omon fan clubs.

Johnson has some talent (IMO), let's hope he gets a chance to prove me right or wrong.