Flozell Adams

dailar

How original. Picking up a 35 yr old on the decline is exactly like taking a 50 yr old who retired two decades ago. Get some new material.

The idea behind bringing in a guy like that is because we have NO ONE to play LT. I know rookies usually step in and dominate the LT position from day one, but just on the off chance that we get that rare pick who takes a little time to acclimate, it might be a nice insurance policy to have a guy with some experience to help fill in and add depth in case of injury.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that he'll come in and play at a pro-bowl level, but given the circumstances it could be helpful. If he wants too much money you don't sign him. If he's a bad influence on the young players, cut him. That'll send a message.

I have a novel idea- lets DRAFT a guy to play left tackle instead of picking up a guy who has nothing left. If you think picking up a problem, then cutting him sends a message to the younger players, you haven't done much coaching. I have seen that done a number of times and it doesn't work. They pick up bad habits, which stick long after the bad influence is gone.

I have a novel idea- lets DRAFT a guy to play left tackle instead of picking up a guy who has nothing left. If you think picking up a problem, then cutting him sends a message to the younger players, you haven't done much coaching. I have seen that done a number of times and it doesn't work. They pick up bad habits, which stick long after the bad influence is gone.

you are correct, sir!

Well Merrimen has a connection with Nix...are we gonna get him to?...I don't know about Adams though...pricey blob of chocolate log if you ask me...he's got nothing left...IMO...we have nothing currently on the roster that would pass for a LT but Adams would just make us pay more for still having nothing at LT...no spank you...bring in Shawn instead...trade for Gaither...

Something smells a bit fishy. I've been hearing for a week that the Cowboys should think about drafting an heir-apparent to Flozell at #24 and get him ready to play possibly NEXT year. Now they've already made the move without a replacement.

Wonder if they'll call Baltimore about Gaither? Wonder if the Bills should call them and offer the #9 pick for the Cowboys #1 and #2 (probably would take a #3 or #4 too value-wise)? That probably won't happen as the Cowboys only have six picks total. It would be fun to listen though.

What would you guys think of picking up this guy? I think it would be a solid move. Sign this guy to a two year contract, gives you a little more flexibility in the draft and let us take the best player available instead of the the best player at the position we need the most...which would probably be tackle anyways.

Any way you slice it he's better than what we have now, and even if we do take a LT in the 1st, it would be nice to have a veteran to plug in while he's acclimating to the pro game.

Your right...any one of the three stooges would be better than what we have on our roster now...I am hoping they get B. Bulaga in the draft...but hey this guys definitely worth a look see..

Something smells a bit fishy. I've been hearing for a week that the Cowboys should think about drafting an heir-apparent to Flozell at #24 and get him ready to play possibly NEXT year. Now they've already made the move without a replacement.

Wonder if they'll call Baltimore about Gaither? Wonder if the Bills should call them and offer the #9 pick for the Cowboys #1 and #2 (probably would take a #3 or #4 too value-wise)? That probably won't happen as the Cowboys only have six picks total. It would be fun to listen though.

I doubt it...people are talking but I watched the boys play this season...Doug Free filled in for columbo this season and looked NASTY...they found a diamond with Free...I was posting how we should make a move for Free but I guess them releasing Adams means they liked him even more than I did

I highly doubt Adams would sign a one year contract.

I doubt anyone offers him more than a two year, JMO.

From Trey Wingo: "not surprising on flozell release. as @markschlereth has been saying.. adams retired three years ago and didn't tell anyone"

Sometimes when a guy is released it angers them and they want to prove the former team wrong. If he can re-invigorate his passion he might have a year or two left, at worst he would be solid depth. JMO

I bet if we looked on the other 30 NFL teams not named BUF and DAL and viewed their blogs, they all have the same thread. Any LT with name recognition and a pulse is a hot commodity...for 70% of all teams really. I am sure Chan and Buddy have heard directly from "The Hotel's" agent already and informed us he won;t be on the mkt for very long....whether he will or will not.

I believe that Buddy won't overpay for him, if he wants him at all.

Linkage

And now they have released Adams, who gave up a career-high eight sacks, according to Stats Inc. in 2009, and Hamlin, who has one interception in the last two seasons.

Both players will find new employers, and they might enjoy solid seasons. But this is the right thing to do, even if a bit dangerous at left tackle.

Since 2003 Adams was selected to five Pro Bowls, although he had some maddening false-start penalties. The Cowboys were willing to live with some of the mistakes as long as he protected Tony Romo’s blindside.

Signing him with the idea the he is a hold the fort type of guy is a good idea. This way no mater how the draft falls they are not locked into finding a starting left tackle at all cost

he's better than anything we currently have on the squad. plus it is an uncapped year. who knows maybe if we let him fill the void this year then we don't draft LT in the first few rounds maybe Demitrius Bell will develop more and beccome the lineman we have been hearing all the hype about, while Adams starts.

See Orlando Pace of last year.
Orlando Pace

Walter Jones

These guys all break down at a certain point. The Cowboys aren't stupid. They released him for a reason.

And while we're on the subject of very bad ideas, where are all the guys who were clamoring for the Bills to sign Jonas Jennings last year at this time?

Look, I don't break down game film of offensive linemen.

But connect the dots...released by his current team...gave up a bunch of sacks and committed untimely penalties last year...will turn 35 years old in one month...heavily criticized by former offensive lineman turned respected commentator Mark Schlereth.

Then consider the context. The Bills are in the midst of a total rebuild.

Now why should we sign this retread?

Today you need a LT and a RT. How about you get a LT in here, something this team should have done 12 months ago and then draft a tackle. Give him a year at RT then slide him over.

And while we're on the subject of very bad ideas, where are all the guys who were clamoring for the Bills to sign Jonas Jennings last year at this time?

But connect the dots...released by his current team...gave up a bunch of sacks and committed untimely penalties last year...will turn 35 years old in one month...heavily criticized by former offensive lineman turned respected commentator Mark Schlereth.

Forgot to mention Jon Runyan. Lotsa people wanted the Bills to sign Runyan too. Now he's running for Congress after no one showed interest in him.

Forgot to mention Jon Runyan. Lotsa people wanted the Bills to sign Runyan too. Now he's running for Congress after no one showed interest in him.

I wanted Runyan...but not to get on the field...more of a leader...our OLine needed some vets to help train...but Adams I don't like for a veteran leader and he definitely is too old to get on the field...

I do break down game tape of the Lines and Adams is done...Free is an unknown star waiting to happen...the BILLS ARE SCREWED AND NEED TO TRADE UP FOR OKUNG...or at Least Bulaga...I seriously think both will be gone by 9 and those two tackles are head and shoulders above the rest of them...trade into the top five if needed...but if they don't walk away with Okung or Bulaga...they failed in my eyes

Per PFT, Flozell Adams' agent has already had 3 teams contact him with interest.

Hopefully one of them is ours. He may be on the decline, but I'd wager he's light years ahead of the guys we've got on our roster--better to be a "has been" than a "never was, or will be".....

What about Flo at RT and still drafting a LT or traading for Gathier? Our line would be upgraded in a big hurry. Plus that would be a good mix of youth and veterans and depth with Green and Bell being the primary backups at the tackle positions.

...heavily criticized by former offensive lineman turned respected commentator Mark Schlereth.

Mark Schlereth left his balls on the field and hasn't seen them since. He's reduced himself to a misty eyed douche who'd rather pontificate about his feelings than talk real football. If he's on I change the channel.

What about Flo at RT and still drafting a LT or traading for Gathier? Our line would be upgraded in a big hurry. Plus that would be a good mix of youth and veterans and depth with Green and Bell being the primary backups at the tackle positions.

That...that makes entirely too much sense.

Mark Schlereth left his balls on the field and hasn't seen them since. He's reduced himself to a misty eyed douche who'd rather pontificate about his feelings than talk real football. If he's on I change the channel.

Say what you want about Mark Schlereth. He was a 10th round pick who played 12 years in the NFL despite 29 surgeries (20 on his knees). He won 3 Super Bowl Championships and made 2 Pro Bowls. He was a charter member of the famed "Hogs" offensive line.

If there's one thing Schlereth knows, it's offensive line play. If he says Flozell Adams is done, I'm inclined to believe him. We'll see if Adams has anything left because it's looking like someone will sign him.