Apparently Colt McCoy's pro day went well

In talking with Russ Lande, he basically stated that Colt McCoy didn't do much to help himself yesterday. The biggest problem with McCoy is his lack of arm strength. Scouts noted that any throw over 5-7 yards really seemed to flutter/float. Some think he'll need to bulk up physically in order to add some arm strength, but Texas has a great weight program so expecting McCoy to be able to add strength may be unrealistic. Due to the arm strength issues Lande and associates said he'll probably be a career backup. Then again Russ Lande has Crompton (Tennessee) rated as his #2 QB (yes, that is not a misprint), so who knows.

He also had Trent Edwards as a career backup, said he makes too many mistakes on the field. He was wrong there :ph34r:

He's short..... :thumbsup:

He's short and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed - in that championship game he didn't even know the clock was running down - we don't need another laid back/not so bright QB from a warm-weather state. Give me a PA QB!

As an Austinite, seeing McCoy up close, there is a lot to like about this kid. He is a good kid, not unlike Tebow (though not to the biblical proportions) and a smart kid. Early on, I thought he was a stiff, but, he surprised me, and took his game to another level his Junior year. I think, my biggest concern about him though, he had a solid Sr season on paper, but he definitely, IMO, seemed to succumb to the pressure of expectations. And, Longhorns fans are a lot nicer to QB's than Bills fans are...

He's short and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed - in that championship game he didn't even know the clock was running down - we don't need another laid back/not so bright QB from a warm-weather state. Give me a PA QB!

I hate this argument.

A) A good QB can play in any weather.

B) SO when the weather is crappy in Buffalo its only bad for teh Bills not the other team that is playing them?

C) There are many warm weather QB's that now play in cold areas

D) How often does weather effect Bills games, Maybe 1 a year....

Give me a qb that can play, and wont make any excuses, i dont give a *)&&*(^T where he is from...

i dont think he gets out of the 2nd round. if he was there in the 3rd we have to take him.

NFLN's Mike Mayock doesn't think he'll last until the 3rd round either

I loved his footwork. I knew he was a great athlete, so he has great mobility. He’s smart and tough — you can see that off tape. The most important thing I saw was his ability to drive in intermediate routes — both the in-breaking big route and the comeback route. He showed he can do that. I think he’s a solid second-round pick.

True.. but they won those game regardless. He lead the game winning drive in the last 2 minutes to win the game vs Nebraska.

The only QB I would rather have in this draft is Bradford and he's not going to be there at #9 so..

very intersesting game this one