Say No To Anthony Davis in Round 1

Many mock drafts have the Bills selecting Anthony Davis in the first round. I hope we do not take him. He no-showed at his first attempt at his pro-day. Guess he had a hamstring injury? Still not to let the proper channels know, does not show well for himself. He did show up for his second pro-day though. Here is the link. The last comment in the article resonates here. Boom or Bust. Not another Mike Williams. Ughhhhh

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ws-hes-healthy/

I'm not a fan of Davis just bc the Bills can't afford to take risks on the LT spot. I'm not too worried about the Bills drafting the guy though bc Davis is completely the opposite of what Buddy Nix has been preaching.

That being said, it should be mentioned that a highly respected talent evaluator (i forget his name at the moment) compared him to Oher.

He's a guy that will have a much better chance of success if he goes late in the second or after where he'll have to earn the big pay-day w/ his play. If this guy get's $10+ million guaranteed out of the gate I can easily see him mailing it in and being out of the league in 3 yrs.

Many mock drafts have the Bills selecting Anthony Davis in the first round. I hope we do not take him. He no-showed at his first attempt at his pro-day. Guess he had a hamstring injury? Still not to let the proper channels know, does not show well for himself. He did show up for his second pro-day though. Here is the link. The last comment in the article resonates here. Boom or Bust. Not another Mike Williams. Ughhhhh

NO :rolleyes: ...let's hope Nix/Gailey and Co. read this post. I've seen mocks with us taking him at 9. But in all the articles and interviews at buffalobills.com, I didn't once come across Nix/Gailey and Co. speak of him.

I was big on him early on but his failures at the combine and bust pro day workout make me wonder whether he wants to play football. I'm reluctant to characterize a potential draft by referring to an earlier bust, but this guy has Mike Williams written all over him. Bulaga or Trent Williams may be there at 9 and if so I'd go with either of them. Bruce Campbell is still kind of a question mark or a reach at nine?

The problem is the First round pick is so important to get right, If you miss, you lose the money that you paid the guy and second we get no production down the road. I still don't think I'd take him in the second. If Campbell is there which I highly doubt, I'd take him over Davis. That position LT is a money position too, if you get the guy you want you better be prepared to shell out the money. cause thats why Peters left. The position pays the dollars.

So right Fong. If we draft for need in the first round were gonna screw ourselves. We are gonna pay someone way more money then they deserve, and with a chance of one of these top 5 LT, who knows if they will even make the transition. (Williams is a RT) What we need to do first round, since we have so many holes to fill, is draft the player who can step in right away and contribute for a long time. Someone who will be worth the money we pay him. The best available playa!

I agree, we need to pass on this guy.

NO :thumbsup: ...let's hope Nix/Gailey and Co. read this post. I've seen mocks with us taking him at 9. But in all the articles and interviews at buffalobills.com, I didn't once come across Nix/Gailey and Co. speak of him.

At this time of year that's a very bad sign, don't think they will take him, just sayin.

So right Fong. If we draft for need in the first round were gonna screw ourselves. We are gonna pay someone way more money then they deserve, and with a chance of one of these top 5 LT, who knows if they will even make the transition. (Williams is a RT) What we need to do first round, since we have so many holes to fill, is draft the player who can step in right away and contribute for a long time. Someone who will be worth the money we pay him. The best available playa!

If the Bills are going to take Tebow then RT is the most important position on the line for them.

I completely agree. I wouldn't touch him in the first round.

This is not a bad kid, His biggest infraction was being late to pracitces , keeping in mind that he is only 20 so yes a little immature or perhaps he is 20 and acting like he is 20.

He has the highest ceiling of the left tackles sans okung ,not my first choice but in a trade down scenerio picks ,(15-25),he would make a fine selection .

I think that trading down to get extra draft picks than selecting wouldn't be a bad idea; however, selecting him at 9 would probably send the wrong signal. It's good that he takes pride in his performance, but you hope that he doesn't feel entitied when he gets to camp.

I'm beginning to think we won't get our LT at #9 anymore. Seems Trent Williams and Anthony Davis are serious character concerns, and the other 2 of the top 4 will probably be gone. If Bulaga is there, then great, I have no problem with him. But I'd steer clear of top 10 money for Davis and Williams.