2 41 Buffalo Vladimir Ducasse OG Massachusetts

3 72 Buffalo Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan

4 107 Buffalo Mike Neal DE34 Purdue P2

5 140 Buffalo Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut

6 178 Buffalo Eric Olsen OC Notre Dame

6 192 Buffalo Blair White WRF Michigan State

7 209 Buffalo Kion Wilson ILB South Florida

7 216 Buffalo Travis Ivey DT34 Maryland

This particular draft was weak at DT, so I adjusted by Grabbing Linval Joseph in RD5. The result:

1 9 Buffalo C.J. Spiller RBF Clemson

5 140 Buffalo Linval Joseph DT34 East Carolina

6 192 Buffalo Jammie Kirlew OLB34 Indiana

7 209 Buffalo Freddie Barnes WRF Bowling Green

7 216 Buffalo Kion Wilson ILB South Florida

I prefer the second one even though I like White and Ivey. Getting Joseph, the strongest NT in bench press (tied with Petrus) and one of the most explosive (vertical jump was top 3), makes it tons better in our area of need. Many of you like Freddie Barnes, and Jammie Kirlew would provide motivation for Maybin--he'd likely be the last one to leave the film study room and the practice field.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong.

Curious why you have us taking a guard in Rd 2 as opposed to the tackle that we need. Also, waiting late in the draft for a NT bothers me cos we need one to start right away. We cannot afford a project for NT.

The counter question I would ask is why would we take use our high draft pick for a player (Spiller) who is not a position of need ? No matter how good he is, his value to the team is lower than if we spent it on a solid OT/NT. If the ones we want are gone by the time we pick, we should consider trading down. I am really really against spending a high draft pick on a RB yet again in such a short time span (McGahee, Lynch)

Unfortunately in that scenario we'd be stuck with LeFevour, who is going to make one hell of a UFL backup in the near future.

I do however like Ducasse in the 2nd if we cant land a top tier OT in the first.

OK.

Now I've locked out LeFevour but still I've grabbed Spiller and Linval Joseph, and set QB priority to P3:

3 72 Buffalo Cam Thomas DT34 North Carolina

7 209 Buffalo Marcus Easley WRF Connecticut

No OT in either scenario? That's not gonna happen.

Please tell me that's not gonna happen

OK, Now we've got:

2 41 Buffalo Cam Thomas DT34 North Carolina

3 72 Buffalo Jared Veldheer OT Hillsdale -- tied for top time in the three-cone drill (7.40 seconds) and 20-yard shuttle

6 178 Buffalo Chris Scott OT Tennessee -- Feature player on line that allowed fewest sacks in SEC

Would you rather have 3 DT34's or Dexter McCluster in RD2? He's available...

Would you rather have 2 OT's or take Zac Robinson QB at the RD6#178?He's available...

Astro, I don't think it's a mistake that Ducasse is listed as a guard in your simulation, rather than an LT.

I like the guy, especially as I got my masters at UMASS. Not at all sure he'll end up an LT, though.

EDIT: You've left me behind. Kudos on that excellent foot speed and reaction time. Not to mention mirroring the other posters extremely well.

OK.

Now I've locked out LeFevour but still I've grabbed Spiller and Linval Joseph, and set QB priority to P3:

3 72 Buffalo Cam Thomas DT34 North Carolina

I like that one a bit better, with Cam Thomas, but I'd just rather see someone else than Spiller in the first.

That's just me, though.

Wrong.

I put a Grab on Spiller in our Simulator and here is the result:

This particular draft was weak at DT, so I adjusted by Grabbing Linval Joseph in RD5. The result:

I prefer the second one even though I like White and Ivey. Getting Joseph, the strongest NT in bench press (tied with Petrus) and one of the most explosive (vertical jump was top 3), makes it tons better in our area of need. Many of you like Freddie Barnes, and Jammie Kirlew would provide motivation for Maybin--he'd likely be the last one to leave the film study room and the practice field.

I struggle to see how adding another gimmick player, a ? tackle/more like a G, and a backup-at-best QB fills all the holes. What about LT, RG, and even RT. What about OLB and NT? I know we cant fill the holes but getting one starter out of the top three rounds on a team in need of help is not a great draft.

PS: I would be interested to know who we passed on in each round. Im sure Dan Williams/Morgan/Grahmam were there in rd 1. They would unequivically be better selections for our team.

In the second why not the "incest impeder" in round 2 - a segment on NFLN had casserely reporting every scout he knows has him as a round 1 grade on the field, but maybe a round 2 selection because of his past. Some he said had him as a better LT than Okung. Id rather take him because he has a better chance to be a great LT no?

Where does Spikes go? We would have a very hard time passing on him in round two let alone 3. If we pass on him at 3 thats down right dumb. Could he be taken over Lefevour? if you want a QB why not J. Brown - he has more NFL potential.

the refreshing thing is chan was talking about Running backs and Wide recievers which is a nice change then Dickie talking about db's and holdong teams down and how hard it is to win .

I guess if you call that refreshing

isnt Vladimir Ducasse a tackle not a guard?

Spiller is a dynamic player and probably the best offensive player in this draft, i wouldnt be opposed to the Bills taking him at 9...when was the last time the Bills had anyone like him

I'm beginning to see the reading comprehension problem --or possibly the inability to follow a thread.

Here's the revised draft:

3 72 Buffalo Jared Veldheer OT Hillsdale -- tied for top time in the three-cone drill (7.40 seconds) and 20-yard shuttle

6 178 Buffalo Chris Scott OT Tennessee -- Feature player on line that allowed fewest sacks in SEC

Would you rather have 2 OT's or take Zac Robinson QB at the RD6#178?He's available...

I'm beginning to see the reading comprehension problem --or possibly the inability to follow a thread.

Here's the revised draft:

Like the draft Astro - question about pick 4 - is there anyone at Rush LB that's available instead of Neal?

I don't think the OTs or DTs (unless for Rush LB) should change....

I love BOTH of our RBs. If we had an OL that could open a freakin hole and a QB that presented a deep threat these guys would be the talk of the NFL. That being said CJ Spiller is my kind of RB. A guy offcially with 4.3 and unofficially 4.2 speed who is a shifty dynamic play maker. Just like QB. There are many ways to be successful but just like a QB with a canon for a throwing arm I LOVE RBs with speed. Speed Speed and more speed. Our guys are 4.4 4.5 fast. This guy is potentially 4.2 fast. This guy brings play making ability to the rushing game, the passing game and special teams.

Imagine if we didn't get rid of Peters and didn't have an enormous gapping hole at LT. We would be falling all over ourselves at the opportunity to draft best player available and potentially get Claussen, Spiller or Bryant or others!!! Imagine trading down a few spots, getting an additional pick and still getting one of those 3.

Ya....we are better for the Peters trade....RIIIIIIIIGHT! I like the rookies we got but basically we gave a way a proven, now 3 time probowl, LT and got in return an OG with a severly broken leg that might not ever be the same or be ready for the regular season and a TE that couldn't crack the starting line up. WAY TO GO FRONT OFFICE!!!!!!

Wrong.

I put a Grab on Spiller in our Simulator and here is the result:

I love the Olsen pick, was a solid starter for Notre Dame for 3 years, and was the best player on that line by far, kid plays with alot of heart. I believe it is a steel if we get him in 6.

Astro is that really where he is being projected, 6th RD?

Ya....we are better for the Peters trade....RIIIIIIIIGHT! I like the rookies we got but basically we gave a way a proven, now 3 time probowl, LT and got in return an OG with a severly broken leg that might not ever be the same or be ready for the regular season and a TE that couldn't crack the starting line up. WAY TO GO FRONT OFFICE!!!!!!

TE that couldn't crack the starting line up?? Sure

As far as Wood's broken leg, Not everyone has access to your crystal ball.

No question, losing your LT right before the season without replacing him is retarded, but the mistake wasn't what we got for him, the mistake was not addressing the position in free agency or the draft.

I love BOTH of our RBs. If we had an OL that could open a freakin hole and a QB that presented a deep threat these guys would be the talk of the NFL. That being said CJ Spiller is my kind of RB. A guy offcially with 4.3 and unofficially 4.2 speed who is a shifty dynamic play maker. Just like QB. There are many ways to be successful but just like a QB with a canon for a throwing arm I LOVE RBs with speed. Speed Speed and more speed. Our guys are 4.4 4.5 fast. This guy is potentially 4.2 fast. This guy brings play making ability to the rushing game, the passing game and special teams.

Imagine if we didn't get rid of Peters and didn't have an enormous gapping hole at LT. We would be falling all over ourselves at the opportunity to draft best player available and potentially get Claussen, Spiller or Bryant or others!!! Imagine trading down a few spots, getting an additional pick and still getting one of those 3.

Yeah! Imagine what our offense would be like WITH Peters at LT an..........huh?.....what?....oh, that's right. Forgot.

Well, we can pretend we were great back then, can't we?

Yeah! Imagine what our offense would be like WITH Peters at LT an..........huh?.....what?....oh, that's right. Forgot.

Well, we can pretend we were great back then, can't we?

Let's look at it indeed.

LT Jason Peters (Pro Bowl)

LG Andy Levitre

C Jeff Hangartner

RG Brad Butler (in his natural NFL position)

RT Langston Walker (Very serviceable career RT who was a road grader in the run game)

VS

LT (Revolving door practice squad chumps)

LG Andy Levitre

C Jeff Hangartner

RG Eric Wood (Sorry but take a look at the news. Ahead of schedule but may not be ready Week 1)

RT Brad Butler (Ouch I got hurt again this time even early trying to play above my head at RT)

So ya ...look at what we would have had. This year instead of spending #9 to replace our revolving door with one that can remember the snap count and keep a few bandits out we could be looking at a dynamic play maker. So why was getting rid of Peters good???............"huh?.....what?....oh, that's right. Forgot. "