Why are we drafting a running back??????!!!!

Billsdaily's front page has a new update saying that Chan has stated that we want to draft a third running back. WHY? This is our strongest position. We need OT, NT, QB... anything but a RB.

He also implied that donte-poo will be starting.

WHY CAN'T THE GHOST OF JAURON JUST DIE DIE DIE

I wouldn't be upset if the Bill drafted Dez Bryant- CJ Spiller- Jimmy Clausen as long as they draft a LT at some point. I think it will depend on how the draft falls, so many teams need OL now its crazy, and you can never have to many play makers IMO.

There appears to be at least 7 really good tackles and another 7 good tackles in this draft. So the Bills could use their second on a LT if there is nobody they like at #9.

No. For the love of the Bills. And really.

There is no way we go RB with the first pick, or second, and possibly even third. What Gailey wants is a scatback a la Darren Sproles. He mentions 5'9" players that he says are "as fast as a waterbug". Someone to change the pace of the game. REEEEEEELAAAAX....

Billsdaily's front page has a new update saying that Chan has stated that we want to draft a third running back. WHY? This is our strongest position. We need OT, NT, QB... anything but a RB.

most teams carry more then two RBs anyway plus with Lynch's history and the possibility of him being suspended for the entire season if he gets in trouble again they would be stupid not to add another quality back to the team

and its not like its a guarantee that Lynch will even be on the team next year

its March, why get all worked up over what is being said now....and isnt in the Bills best interest to say Whitner is starting?

For some reason when I think of scatback I think of Dexter McCluster. I'm not quite sure when he'd be available or if this is someone Chan is considering. Plus I just read "Mississippi receiver Dexter McCluster" here.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/...s-and-notes-112

So I don't know if he's changing positions or what. Just thought I'd bring him up as a possible guy he has in mind.

EDIT: As a sidenote, Dexter put up 282 rushing yards against Tennessee this past season and their DT Dan Williams B-)

He said running back. Not corner back

Seriously, how do you figure RB is our strongest position. Yes, we have 2 RB's that would probably start on another team in the NFL, other than that, who is there? Macintyre (SP)? He's a FB, not a RB. If youread what Gailey actually says, he wants a "scat back" a guy who can come in and provide big play potential out of the backfield, in the slot and in the return game. Besides, it won't be till the later rounds and I fail to see any problem with that. B-)

Because if Lynch isn't gone before the 2010 season, he will be done in Buffalo after that.

I'm guessing you think we should draft Tebow? B-)

it would be nice if he would emphasize how we are actually going to address areas of actual need.

IMHO not a ood idea...why would youlet on any area of need to other teams. It's not there job to appease te fans with this. There job is to put the best product possible on the field and if everyone else in the league knew what we are going to attempt to address, they'll sell themselves short and end up with thier backs against the wall. B-)

it would be nice if he would emphasize how we are actually going to address areas of actual need.

Why would he do that?? If he did fire him immediately. Why give the guys drafting around you an indication what you want to do? You have to learn to read between the lines. Nix has told us already how he sees drafting; you take PRODUCTION. Guys with a long track record of success. Taking the best guy available at a position of need. Outside of that they don't need to say anything. Look at what the Bills need and look at the available players at those positions and that will give you some vialble possibilities.

I would also remind folks they do need a RB, can't go into the season with two. And they could use a guy who can score from anywhere on the field like a Spiller or a McCluster.