Culpepper wants to play for the Bills

Numark

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-for-the-bills/

The league's annual meetings typically feature more than a few agents who are hoping to get jobs for their clients. When the agent is also the client, the development naturally attracts more attention.

Quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who has opted to represent himself since parting ways several years ago with Mason Ashe, was at the meetings Monday, hoping in his capacity as an agent to get a job for his only client.

Culpepper told Tim Graham of ESPN.com that the eleven-year veteran has one primary target.

"I would love to talk to Buffalo," Culpepper said. "I don't know if they'd have an open mind, but I'd love to talk to them. I would love to have a chance to compete there.

"Give me the opportunity. I can be the guy."

With a new G.M. and a new head coach, the Bills are a prime candidate to bring in a new quarterback, especially in light of the performances of Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick, which helped pave the way for the new regime. Based on comments that General Manager Buddy Nix made to Graham, it sounds as if they're looking more help at the position.

"I have no idea," Nix said regarding whether the team's Week One starter is on the roster. "I really don't know. I know that's what we got now, and it's open. Chan's made that clear. We're going to see who comes out. The fact that those are the three guys we got, we like all three of them, all of them got redeeming qualities, but if something else comes available, we might add a fourth to the mix. I don't know."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday afternoon, we learned that Daunte Culpepper was marketing himself to potential new teams down at the NFL owners' meetings, and we found out that the New Orleans Saints might be interested, given the apparent interest that Sean Payton took to Daunte in a brief conversation. Culpepper would obviously serve as the backup down in the Bayou.

But there's a team that needs a starting QB, and Daunte thinks he could be their man, according to what he told ESPN AFC East blogger Tim Graham. Give up? It's the Buffalo Bills, and Culpepper notes the team hasn't yet made any moves to bring in an option to compete with Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm.

We're not sure Culpepper has too much left in the tank -- although from most accounts, he appears to still be quite the physical specimen -- but then again, he's likely a better option than what's currently on the Bills' roster.

From ESPN Insider.....Barf!!! :beer:

He will still be waiting to sign come training camp and we should be in no rush to sign him. In case someone goes down or we decide not to draft a QB this year. I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a 1yr deal and let him compete. If he doesn't win the job or play well we can cut him before the season starts.

I am generally not a fan. Never have been. He had a few (like 3) decent years in MN and has done nothing before or after. However, The QB's on the roster now are absolutely horrible. I say pick up Daunte, draft Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd, Let those 2 and Fitz fight it out for the starting job and demote Trent to washing the urinals after the games.

Really, We have no one at this point. Id say bring in every QB that wants to compete and let the best man win.