extra "compensatory" draft picks revealed

papazoid

zero picks for Buffalo

four compensatory picks to the Patriots.

On the bright side:

• One of those picks is in the 6th round. The other three are in the 7th.
  • Compensatory picks can't be traded.
  • Of the four guys the Patriots will be drafting, how many will make the final roster cut? How many will still be with the team in a couple years?

To be honest, I'm not too worried about this. Only four picks total were distributed in rounds 3 and 4--where the picks do the most good--and none of those earlier picks went to division rivals.

Who did the Vikings lose to deserve a 5th round pick after picking up Favre, a QB that brought them to the Championship game....? :beer:

Favre was cut by the Jets, so he doesn't count toward the net gain vs net loss with FAs. Darren Sharper I believe is why they got the 5th rounder.

Favre was cut by the Jets, so he doesn't count toward the net gain vs net loss with FAs. Darren Sharper I believe is why they got the 5th rounder.

Signing a player that's cut doesn't count....? I can see the cut player not counting towards the original team, but signing someone who was cut should still count I would think.

Signing a player that's cut doesn't count....? I can see the cut player not counting towards the original team, but signing someone who was cut should still count I would think.

Seems that if a player is cut before league's financial year starts, he doesn't count in the figuring..

..."The extra picks are figured out via a formula crunching the numbers of unrestricted free agents lost and signed, and the Bengals were expecting the result. One of the reasons they went after wide receiver Laveranues Coles last year is because he didn't count as an unrestricted free agent because he had been cut before the financial year began. The Bengals lost two UFAs to big deals in wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh and right tackle Stacy Andrews, and another one, quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, started eight games."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Upda...6d-c4599445b6e8

We don't get anything for Jabari Greer????

Yeah, you'd think we'd get a 7th rounder, since TO apparently doesn't count since he was cut from Dallas....

The NFL really needs to post their magic formula.

On the bright side:
  • One of those picks is in the 6th round. The other three are in the 7th.
  • Compensatory picks can't be traded.
  • Of the four guys the Patriots will be drafting, how many will make the final roster cut? How many will still be with the team in a couple years?

To be honest, I'm not too worried about this. Only four picks total were distributed in rounds 3 and 4--where the picks do the most good--and none of those earlier picks went to division rivals.

Yeah, New England has horrible luck in that sixth round.

Ah What the H. THis is the NFL's way of sticking it to the Bills, they dont want the team to succeed. They give the Patriots the world...blah blah blah. Jeff Fishcer wants to coach here with our QB carousle, people are bashing Buffalo..... EvErywhErE. There are plans inside the NFL to destory the entire city.

Figured id get the overreaction out of the way early...